UConn to Big XII Imminent? | Page 24 | The Boneyard

UConn to Big XII Imminent?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Based on what I have read, the GORs is tied to the ESPN contract, so if ESPN doesn't extend the ACC contract, it is possible there are no more GORs. As for exit fee, it depends how many spots are available in the Big 10, SEC, and Big 12 for ACC schools. It could be possible that the ACC could dissolve if enough schools have landing spots.
Depending on how ND's status is is determined in the voting, either thirteen (75% of 17 is 12.75) or fourteen (75% of 18 is 13.5) current ACC members would need to vote to dissolve the conference. Please spell out how that many schools would be assured a new home that would be at worst equivalent to what the remaining ACC (with likely half a billion dollars in exit fees).

Best case scenario (which almost assuredly would require ND leaving for the B1G, which will not happen until ND has no choice but to give up independence) would be six schools land in the B1G/SEC. Another seven or eight would require a spot in the B-12. Do you really believe that the B-12 would potentially grow to 24-26 members?

Reaction Score
Sir, this is not the Non Key Tweets thread.

Also I can't think of a person on Twitter that has less credibility.
was just reposting the x.com no screenshot post

Reaction Score
Copy the link to the story here: archive.ph
thanks. Do not love this but does he realize we aren't in for football till 2031 with investment measurements? feel like that wasn't really clear on his end besides we just have stunk at football.

Reaction Score
thanks. Do not love this but does he realize we aren't in for football till 2031 with investment measurements? feel like that wasn't really clear on his end besides we just have stunk at football.
Yormark hasn't made his presentation to the Big 12 Presidents yet.

Reaction Score

I have said it before, but until there is a glitch in the Matrix, UConn football is the most groundhog day program ever in every sense. This hit piece and dubious leak of not having the votes is like clockwork with how our realignment chances play out every time....

UConn to power conference gets leaked initially > BBall board has meltdown> football skeptical but cautiously optimistic > major outlets pick up on it > Power conference talking heads baffled and mostly against > talking heads hit piece articles and podcasts start > leaks UConn no longer considered > Power conference. Sorry but not sorry > Charlie Brown gif spammed across BY > 1 to 2 years later repeat.

Reaction Score
ESPN way too early preseason basketball rankings- 1. Kansas 3. Uconn 4. Houston 6. Baylor 7. Iowa State 9. Arizona

Adding UConn and making you far and away the best basketball conference in the country makes a ton of sense.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He's also claiming that FSU, Clemson, and UConn are all in play for the B12
Could be. I doubt that FSU or Clemson were in the original plans, but neither the B1G (non-AAU) or SEC (don't need 'em) will take them.

Reaction Score
ESPN way too early preseason basketball rankings- 1. Kansas 3. Uconn 4. Houston 6. Baylor 7. Iowa State 9. Arizona

Adding UConn and making you far and away the best basketball conference in the country makes a ton of sense.
While the Big 12 is the already the best basketball conference, the addition of a second "blue blood" and one outside of the region will provide a ton of prestige (especially for the casuals).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Could be. I doubt that FSU or Clemson were in the original plans, but neither the B1G (non-AAU) or SEC (don't need 'em) will take them.
I’ve been saying for some time, the ACC being raided/dissolved is increasingly unlikely even with FSU and Clemson throwing their public tantrum.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but there's no way Yormark wants to add OSU and WSU when they're available at any point. You definitely wait to see what happens with UConn and the ACC first before you add two far flung west coast schools.

Reaction Score
If the B12 is imminent shouldn't there be a UConn BoT meeting also on deck? I haven't heard about one

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom