UConn Summer Ball 2021 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Summer Ball 2021

Reaction Score
I can’t for the life of me get past paywall. Always great to see Spier and Pete Abe also tweeted about the rarity of a prospect out of VT. The facilities and Penders track record there are gonna be plenty of good ones from the NE wanting in at what is being built in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Includes a few new names (transfers in):

Good to see the UConn baseball summer ball assignment list come ou. As always, I've been looking forward to it.

Jimmy Wang is listed as being assigned to Norwich in the Futures League, but he is not yet on the roster. Hopefully he will arrive soon. By the way, I think this would be Wang's first year in summer ball. One would have to guess that this assignment might mean that Wang is likely to be back with UConn baseball this fall.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

No one in Cali? Seems like a smaller than usual list although more are in the Cape Cod League than the past.

Reaction Score

The new names from the UConn baseball listing of summer ball player assignments that we have not seen before:

Enzo Stefanoni is playing with Vermont of the NECBL. Stefanoni is a RHP, he is a grad transfer from Harvard. UConn is definitely making use of the Grad transfer market.

Curren Larson is a RHP, and he is listed on the Waterloo Bucks of the Northwoods League as being a California JUCO from Saddleback College. He is listed as being a redshirt sophomore on the Waterloo roster. So he is the latest UConn Cali JUCO.

Funny thing, several years ago when I first started following UConn players in summer ball, it seemed that UConn would have a few players in the Northwoods League every season. That connection definitely seemed to dry up a few years ago.

Reaction Score
From the UConn baseball summer ball assignment listing that came out today, these UConn players and incoming freshmen had not been previously reported on this thread:

Futures League

Jimmy Wang - Norwich
Braden Quinn - Westfield Starfires
Brady Afthim - Brockton Rox
Ramsey Collins - Brockton Rox

NECBL

Justin Willis - Keene Swamp Bats

Coastal Plain League

Kevin Ferrer - Peninsula Pilots

Reaction Score
From the UConn baseball summer ball assignment listing that came out today, these UConn players and incoming freshmen had not been previously reported on this thread:

Futures League

Jimmy Wang - Norwich

NECBL

Coastal Plain League

Incoming UConn freshman Braden Quinn is now listed on the Westfield roster. The rest of these guys are not listed on their respective team rosters, at least not yet. From what I've seen in the past, players are are always coming and going from summer ball rosters during the short summer ball season. These guys could be late assignments who could be arriving at their destination soon.

Reaction Score
I remember a while back that Frank Mozzicato was supposed to play for the Worcester Bravehearts. I haven’t seen him on their roster or heard anything about it. He might be taking some time off before he joins the team or takes some time to prep for the draft in July

Reaction Score
I remember a while back that Frank Mozzicato was supposed to play for the Worcester Bravehearts. I haven’t seen him on their roster or heard anything about it. He might be taking some time off before he joins the team or takes some time to prep for the draft in July

Earlier this year I recall seeing a Worcester roster with about 3 incoming UConn freshmen on it. Mozzicato was one of them. This was before his big rise in MLB draft stature.

Summer ball rosters change with the next breeze, especially when they concern incoming freshmen. Whatever the case, none of those incoming freshmen are now listed on the Worcester roster. Also, from what I've seen in the past, many incoming freshmen don't join college summer ball leagues and teams until they have graduated from high school. Still, I would be inclined to believe the UConn Summer Ball Assignment Listing, and just assume that things have changed and none of those guys are going to be playing for Worcester this summer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Zach Donahue, who is playing for the New Britain Bees this summer, is not listed on the UConn Baseball Summer Ball Assignments, even thought the Bees roster list his school as UConn. Considering at some point he dropped off the UConn 2020 fall ball roster, I am guessing he is no longer associated with UConn baseball, although I suppose it is possible he may try out for UConn baseball this fall.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Zach Donahue, who is playing for the New Britain Bees this summer, is not listed on the UConn Baseball Summer Ball Assignments, even thought the Bees roster list his school as UConn. Considering at some point he dropped off the UConn 2020 fall ball roster, I am guessing he is no longer associated with UConn baseball, although I suppose it is possible he may try out for UConn baseball this fall.
He was not on the roster and Josh Cohen I think went to a Community College near his home to play and is in California for summer ball. I would love to have both of these guys back, especially because of Cohen overcoming the cancer.

Reaction Score
He was not on the roster and Josh Cohen I think went to a Community College near his home to play and is in California for summer ball. I would love to have both of these guys back, especially because of Cohen overcoming the cancer.

Funny, before you posted this, I had looked up Josh Cohen, and found this article on him playing college summer ball in California. He did end up going to community college in New Jersey.

But with the COVID-19 pandemic affecting the NCAA’s athletic eligibility, Cohen said about 95% of the UConn roster returned for the 2021 season, creating a logjam of pitchers.

“I didn’t want to get held back and not play right away,” Cohen said. “UConn has their seasoned guys, so I thought it was best to transfer to a junior college and get some more playing time and more exposure.”

Cohen transferred to play for Bergen Community College near his hometown of Oakland, New Jersey. This season, Cohen appeared in four games and had a 14.5 strikeout-per-nine ratio with a fastball, curveball, changeup and a developing slider, all attractive tools to the Potters’ coaching staff.

Cohen hopes to add to his growing list of interested Division I schools while in Lincoln this summer. Pitching for the Potters will allow West Coast scouts to see his abilities and learn of his perseverance firsthand. Regardless of what his future holds, Cohen’s journey has taught him to slow down and take in the present.<

Reaction Score
Ben Maycock has once again turned up on the roster of the Mystic Schooners. Hasn't played yet.

Reaction Score

Futures League

Jimmy Wang - Norwich

NECBL

Coastal Plain League

Incoming UConn freshman Braden Quinn is now listed on the Westfield roster. The rest of these guys are not listed on their respective team rosters, at least not yet. From what I've seen in the past, players are are always coming and going from summer ball rosters during the short summer ball season. These guys could be late assignments who could be arriving at their destination soon.

Brady Afthim is now listed on the Brockton roster.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom