UConn Summer Ball 2021 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Summer Ball 2021

Reaction Score
Chris Brown and incoming UConn freshman pitcher Owen Kellington is on the roster of the Vermont Lake Monsters of the Futures League. Kellington is listed as Inactive, but usually incoming freshmen end up reporting to summer ball teams after they graduate from high school.
It’s not Cape Cod but Burlington is not too shabby of a place to spend the summer.

Reaction Score
Incoming UConn freshman catcher Matt Garbowski is listed on the roster of the Westfield Starfires of the Futures League.

Reaction Score
The Cape League is back, and so is the NECBL. The New London Day is usually good for some Mystic Schooner articles during the summer, so I guess they are starting early.

UConn players listed on the Mystic Schooners 2021 roster:

Sam Favieri
Bryan Padilla

May as well make the Connecticut tour in the NECBL. UConn players listed on the Bristol Blues 2021 roster:

Garrett Coe
Phoenix Billings

Vermont Mountaineers:

Brendan O'Donnell

Sam Favieri and Bryan Padilla are no longer listed on the Mystic Schooners roster.

UConn redshirt freshman pitcher Hector Alejandro joins Garrett Coe and Phoenix Billings on the Bristol Blues roster.

Catcher Matt Donlan is on the Martha's Vineyard Sharks roster. Another nice place to spend the summer playing baseball, as long as you don't mind taking boats to your games on the mainland.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Quick turnaround for Korey Morton from being with UConn this past weekend in South Bend, he has reported to the Norwich Sea Unicorns and played in last night's game.

Reaction Score
Quick turnaround for Korey Morton from being with UConn this past weekend in South Bend, he has reported to the Norwich Sea Unicorns and played in last night's game.
Sat w/ his dad on the berm @ the Georgetown game. Good people - easy to root for the kid’s success.

Reaction Score
Last night Brendan O'Donnell made his first appearance in relief for Vermont of the NECBL. Gave up 1 hit (a double), no walks, and no runs in 2 innings of work. He also ended up getting credited with the win.

Reaction Score
Little birdie told me that Christian Fedko will be playing w/ the Bristol Blues of the NECBL starting this week…

Interesting indeed. At any rate, Christian Fedko would be the fourth UConn player with the Bristol Blues this summer.

I suspect that with the MLB draft now being fewer rounds and with it being held later in the summer, more college players who are prospective draft picks will end up spending at least part of the summer playing summer ball in the hope of improving their draft status.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score

You’re slacking then…

;) :D

Game over, I'm home now. Fairly quick game for baseball these days, just a bit over 2.5 hours, so I'm pleased at that.

I'm not inclined to post much if anything at a game I actually attend, other then the occasional very short sentence on my cell phone, which I usually don't write much on. Considering our seats are right at the end of the dugout on the first base side, I also get paranoid about getting hit by the odd foul ball.

Morton's double drove in the game winning run, plus he made the plays he had to in center field. Morton now has 3 hits in his last 2 games (3 for 7 at bat, plus a walk), which is a nice improvement over not getting a hit in the first 2 games he started for Norwich earlier in the week.

Reaction Score
I'm not inclined to post much if anything at a game I actually attend, other then the occasional very short sentence on my cell phone, which I usually don't write much on. Considering our seats are right at the end of the dugout on the first base side, I also get paranoid about getting hit by the odd foul ball.
I hope you know I was only breaking you chops after all your game thread posting this season - you are entitled to a break to just enjoy the pastime till next February (unless of course there is a fall alumni game).

Reaction Score
I hope you know I was only breaking you chops after all your game thread posting this season - you are entitled to a break to just enjoy the pastime till next February (unless of course there is a fall alumni game).

I figured about the breaking chops thing, with my UConn baseball game posting activity it does make for an easy jab.

Ah, the alumni game and barbecue, one of the highlights of fall for me. If there is such a thing this September and the pandemic is more or less under control, I would think my wife and I will be there. Of course, posting to the Boneyard on my cell phone is another matter, maybe yes, or maybe no. When I am at an actual game or event, I am quite proud to be a slacker.

Reaction Score
Little birdie told me that Christian Fedko will be playing w/ the Bristol Blues of the NECBL starting this week…

Staples Westport/Duke Catcher Chad Knight has also joined the team.

Reaction Score
UConn players on Cape Cod this summer that I could find. Some have been previously reported, but figured I'd put them all in one spot.

Reggie Crawford - Bourne Braves
Kyler Fedko - Bourne Braves
Patrick Gallagher - Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox
Andrew Marrero - Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox
Pat Winkel - Harwich Mariners
Matt Donlan - Cotuit Kettleers

Reaction Score
UConn players on Cape Cod this summer that I could find. Some have been previously reported, but figured I'd put them all in one spot.

Reggie Crawford - Bourne Braves
Kyler Fedko - Bourne Braves
Patrick Gallagher - Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox
Andrew Marrero - Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox
Pat Winkel - Harwich Mariners
Matt Donlan - Cotuit Kettleers
What site do you use for the cape rosters, I know they aren’t always up to date on their own team sites. Just curious if u use something different. Didn’t know Kyler was playing for Bourne and Pat is back with Harwich. Great tune up for them for the draft

Reaction Score
What site do you use for the cape rosters, I know they aren’t always up to date on their own team sites. Just curious if u use something different. Didn’t know Kyler was playing for Bourne and Pat is back with Harwich. Great tune up for them for the draft

I got impatient waiting for the actual team rosters to show up, so I went to the alphabetical Cape Cod League player search listing for 2021. Did a bunch of scrolling through each letter of the alphabet, but it didn't take all that long.

Reaction Score
Sam Favieri and Bryan Padilla are no longer listed on the Mystic Schooners roster.

UConn redshirt freshman pitcher Hector Alejandro joins Garrett Coe and Phoenix Billings on the Bristol Blues roster.

Catcher Matt Donlan is on the Martha's Vineyard Sharks roster. Another nice place to spend the summer playing baseball, as long as you don't mind taking boats to your games on the mainland.

Sam Favieri and Bryan Padilla are back on the Mystic Schooners roster, and they both played in their first game for Mystic tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom