UConn Summer Ball 2021 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Summer Ball 2021

Reaction Score
Incoming freshman pitcher Mitchel Pascarella is on the roster of the Newark Pilots of the Perfect Game League.

Reaction Score
Bobby McBride starting pitcher for Norwich tonight. Walked the the first batter on his way to facing the minimum in the 1st inning. Not bad considering I was half expecting a walk fest from him.

Reaction Score
2nd inning, 2 walks followed by a double play for a scoreless inning for McBride.

Reaction Score
4th, quick 1-2-3 inning for McBride. A change of pace, that is for sure.

Reaction Score
5th inning, unearned run off of McBride, should have been a 1-2-3 inning. He is out of the game.

Reaction Score
At the Blues/Schooner game:
C Fedko had a couple big hits and BB
Alejandro got his Ks off his slider which is a plus pitch. FB probably mid to upper 80s
Padilla doesn’t have much of a stick. Balls in play softly hit to opposite field. Only 1 ball hit to him at SS, seems to have below avg arm

Reaction Score
Tonight's Norwich Sea Unicorn game got postponed due to rain in the middle of the 4th inning. Korey Morton struck out in his only at bat. Morton now has 11 strikeouts in 22 official at bats. From what I've seen of him in the games that I've been at, he does not show good strike zone judgement (he only has 1 walk so far), and he will take some pretty hard wild swings as well.

Granted, 22 at bats is not a huge baseball sample size. After figuring out the strike zone, Morton just needs to learn to make contact and put the ball in play in order to take advantage of his speed. It's still early in the summer ball season, so I guess we get to stay tuned in for further developments if any as the summer progresses.

Reaction Score

Todd Petersen has had a good start of the season with New Britain. He is hitting .294 in 68 at bats, with a slugging percentage of .456 and an on base percentage of .360. He is definitely making a nice contribution to the New Britain offense.

Reaction Score

We know where Erik Stock is now. The Peninsula Pilots are in the Coastal Plain League.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Incoming UConn freshman Ian Cooke is off to a nice start in summer ball in upstate New York. In 4 appearances, Cooke has thrown 8 innings for an ERA of 2.25, with 15 strikeouts, 2 walks, and 8 hits.

When it comes to summer ball, I'm always more interested in how incoming players who are new to the program and guys who did not get much playing time during the season then with the guys who got regular playing time. The guys who got regular playing time at UConn have already established something of a track record for themselves, while the others are hopefully showing in some way things they might be capable of doing once they arrive or get back to Storrs after the summer ball season.

Reaction Score
Incoming UConn freshman Ian Cooke is off to a nice start in summer ball in upstate New York. In 4 appearances, Cooke has thrown 8 innings for an ERA of 2.25, with 15 strikeouts, 2 walks, and 8 hits.

Meanwhile, in Norwich Bobby McBride provides something of a contrast to the start of Ian Cooke. McBride has started 4 games going 15.1 innings. He has given up only 8 hits and has 22 strikeouts, but has certainly had problems with control, issuing 21 walks, 6 wild pitches and 2 hit batters. All this adds up to an ERA of 5.28. We all knew that for McBride control was and is the big issue for him.

Reaction Score

UConn players on Cape Cod this summer that I could find. Some have been previously reported, but figured I'd put them all in one spot.

Reggie Crawford - Bourne Braves
Kyler Fedko - Bourne Braves
Patrick Gallagher - Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox
Andrew Marrero - Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox
Pat Winkel - Harwich Mariners
Matt Donlan - Cotuit Kettleers

Looks like I might have missed incoming UConn transfer Cole Chudoba on the list of Huskies playing on the Cape. Oh well, either I missed him or he was added to the list of Cape players after I went through it. Still, always nice to add more UConn guys on the Cape, and to add to the collection of Huskies who end up playing for Bourne. Should be interesting to see how he does on the Cape this summer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom