UConn Summer Ball 2021 | The Boneyard

UConn Summer Ball 2021

Reaction Score

I know we normally have a summer ball thread but I thought it would be good to get this out there!!! Great for Andrew, hopefully he has a great szn, he’s got some electric stuff

Reaction Score
Here is one that I actually remember. UConn players in California for summer ball often wind up in Healdsburg.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was looking at some of the Cape League rosters and saw that Bobby McBride and Reggie Crawford are going to be playing for the Bourne Braves

The Bourne Braves are a prominent landing spot for UConn baseball players who play on the Cape. Bourne always seems to have a couple of UConn players on their roster. This also tells you the high regard for the talent of Bobby McBride, who recently made his first appearance in a game for UConn after sitting out the first part of the season with injuries. It always seems that a couple young pitchers establish themselves either as starters or bullpen regulars for UConn in the second half of the season in April and May, so hopefully this process is beginning for McBride. There is always room for dependable arms on the pitching staff. Watching guys like this develop over time is one of the things I most look forward to during the course of the college baseball season.

Reaction Score

It would be interesting to know what the status of Zach Donahue is with UConn baseball. He is not on the roster. There was one incoming freshman who left UConn because of the pandemic. Is this true of Donahue as well, or is the @uconnbsb tag just a mistake on the Bee's part?

Reaction Score
The Cape League is back, and so is the NECBL. The New London Day is usually good for some Mystic Schooner articles during the summer, so I guess they are starting early.

UConn players listed on the Mystic Schooners 2021 roster:

Sam Favieri
Bryan Padilla

May as well make the Connecticut tour in the NECBL. UConn players listed on the Bristol Blues 2021 roster:

Garrett Coe
Phoenix Billings

Vermont Mountaineers:

Brendan O'Donnell

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Considering as a true freshman he got some playing time in the infield in the shortened season last year, I figured Todd Petersen would be in the mix for potential playing time for UConn this season. Instead, he has blended in very well with the dugout bench in Storrs. Given that he had some nice moments in New Britain last summer, one would think his chance for playing time there would be pretty good this coming summer.

Reaction Score
Saw this morning on Instagram that ‘21 commit Frank Mozzicato will be playing for the Worcester Bravehearts this summer

Reaction Score
Considering as a true freshman he got some playing time in the infield in the shortened season last year, I figured Todd Petersen would be in the mix for potential playing time for UConn this season. Instead, he has blended in very well with the dugout bench in Storrs. Given that he had some nice moments in New Britain last summer, one would think his chance for playing time there would be pretty good this coming summer.

That's actually a strange story, isn't it. Given that we had two mercy rule games this homestand, the fact that they couldn't/didn't put him on the field when they were putting Morton and Langer and Hague made me wonder if he was injured. Or there is/was a disciplinary issue. He didn't set the world on fire last year but he wasn't bad either. He was more than decent enough that it's hard to understand why he couldn't even get garbage time appearances.

Reaction Score
That's actually a strange story, isn't it. Given that we had two mercy rule games this homestand, the fact that they couldn't/didn't put him on the field when they were putting Morton and Langer and Hague made me wonder if he was injured. Or there is/was a disciplinary issue. He didn't set the world on fire last year but he wasn't bad either. He was more than decent enough that it's hard to understand why he couldn't even get garbage time appearances.

Like you said, it is always possible that he is injured. It's also possible that they plan on redshirting him for some reason. Chris Brown pretty much come out of nowhere to take the third base job which Petersen was competing for last season. But he is now lumped in with the other freshmen who haven't played as well, so who knows what is going on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

This is a great sight to see, from what I’ve read, the cape league is planning to allow fans

Reaction Score
After losing their New York Penn League team due to MLB's contraction of the minor leagues, Norwich is getting a team in the Futures League this season. To me this was the best alternative out there. By the way, Vermont also lost their minor league team, they are also a new team in the Futures League this season.

Reaction Score
I heard earlier today that UConn baseball's Director of Player Development/Analytics Devin Belenski is the new manager of the Norwich Sea Unicorns of the Futures League. Chris Jones just mentioned it during the Rhode Island game.

Chris Jones also mentioned that Korey Morton will play this summer in Norwich. I'm looking forward to seeing him play, as I expect to go to a number of games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I heard earlier today that UConn baseball's Director of Player Development/Analytics Devin Belenski is the new manager of the Norwich Sea Unicorns of the Futures League. Chris Jones just mentioned it during the Rhode Island game.

Chris Jones also mentioned that Korey Morton will play this summer in Norwich. I'm looking forward to seeing him play, as I expect to go to a number of games.

-> UConn Director of Baseball Player Development and Analytics Devin Belenski has been tabbed the manager of the Norwich Sea Unicorns in the Futures Collegiate Baseball Summer League.

Belenski has named UConn graduate manager Christian LaLomia as one of his assistant coaches for the summer. LaLomia will be tasked with working primarily with the infield defense. <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom