UConn Summer Ball 2021 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn Summer Ball 2021

Reaction Score
That was surprisingly a lot of fun! Andrew’s got a heck of a personality on him. If he’s really throwing 95 consistently now he’ll follow in our long line of dominant and highly-drafted RPs.

Like many young pitchers in college ball, Marrero's next big step is to improve his control. If he achieves this, he could very well take a place as another standout UConn reliever heading for the MLB draft board.

Reaction Score

Sam Favieri has now pitched 6 innings for Mystic, allowed no runs, 1 hit, 2 walks, and has 7 strikeouts to his credit. Not bad at all, certainly a nice start to the summer season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
3 innings for Wang, 1 unearned run off of 2 errors in the 1st inning. 1 loud double,1 walk in the other 2 innings, and I think 5 strikeouts. Not bad at all. McBride comes in to relieve Wang, so it is UConn night on the mound for Norwich.

Reaction Score
3 innings for Wang, 1 unearned run off of 2 errors in the 1st inning. 1 loud double,1 walk in the other 2 innings, and I think 5 strikeouts. Not bad at all. McBride comes in to relieve Wang, so it is UConn night on the mound for Norwich.

Reaction Score
McBride throws a scoreless 4th inning. Single, double play ball, single, and a strikeout to end the inning. A 1 inning appearance for McBride.

Reaction Score

Ian Cooke putting up some interesting stats in the Perfect Game League. Not sure if this is complete, but from what is reported he has appeared in 6 games for 15 innings, has 28 strikeouts, 3 walks, and 15 hits given up. The strikeout and walk totals are quite interesting to say the least.

Reaction Score
Funny, before you posted this, I had looked up Josh Cohen, and found this article on him playing college summer ball in California. He did end up going to community college in New Jersey.

“I didn’t want to get held back and not play right away,” Cohen said. “UConn has their seasoned guys, so I thought it was best to transfer to a junior college and get some more playing time and more exposure.”

Cohen transferred to play for Bergen Community College near his hometown of Oakland, New Jersey. This season, Cohen appeared in four games and had a 14.5 strikeout-per-nine ratio with a fastball, curveball, changeup and a developing slider, all attractive tools to the Potters’ coaching staff.

Cohen hopes to add to his growing list of interested Division I schools while in Lincoln this summer. Pitching for the Potters will allow West Coast scouts to see his abilities and learn of his perseverance firsthand. Regardless of what his future holds, Cohen’s journey has taught him to slow down and take in the present.<
ADF18675-91C0-4BF6-8918-C0C5F4758344.jpeg

Reaction Score
While this post doesn’t pertain to a UConn player, I think it’s still newsworthy: Nick Dombkowski is transferring from the University of Hartford. He is a MLB draft worthy pitcher and because of their move to DIII in the coming years, Nick is taking his talents elsewhere. He currently plays with Pat Gallagher and Andrew Marrero on Yarmouth Dennis
Y/D posted a video of their pitchers introducing themselves and where they go to school and Nick said, “Nick Dombkowski, currently looking for a new home.”

Reaction Score
Reggie just struck out the side after giving up a leadoff single, he has been dominating on the mound this summer

Last edited:
Reaction Score

-> Patrick Gallagher, pitcher, UConn: Gallagher has struck out 19 across two five-inning starts this season, tying for fifth in the league. The Leominster native won Sunday’s start against Hyannis, giving up just one earned run. <-

Reaction Score

I have to say I'm rather amused at this summer ball home run competition. Silly, but still fun.

I always presumed that UConn recruited David Smith as an infielder. That may still be so, but he has been playing some center field for the Wilmington Sharks. His batting average for a good part of the summer season has been in the Mendoza Line territory, but a late hitting surge (which includes the referenced home run) has gotten his average to .244. We'll see if it continues to rise. Whatever the case, I like what I see from his other stats, his on base percentage is .367, and his slugging percentage is .476. He also has 14 stolen bases, and has only been caught stealing twice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom