UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 53 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

Reaction Score
Well he didn't stay in the portal long. That's surprising that he wasn't good enough to stay with us but was able to land with a decent PC team.
Who said he wasn't good enough to stay here? Are coaches supposed to stop trying to improve a position for now and in the future out of fear that a current starter would choose to be a backup somewhere else?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
good landing spot for him. I wish him well.

To me this just means the coaches have enough confidence in our quarterback room that they pushed out someone talented enought to be QB2 at KSU.

Reaction Score
He looked like the #4 QB after the Blue-White scrimmage.
Granted, the running QBs dont get to show that skill in those games.
With that, I wish He and Zion success.

Reaction Score
Neither showed ability to run in real games. I thought of both as passers first

Reaction Score

I wish TaQuan and Zion good luck. I think the portal is college football version of free agency. I mean if you're rebuilding in the NFL, you will be looking at your needs in free agency and if you are rebuilding in college, you get people in the portal.

Reaction Score
For everyone that goes to the games.... we will know when we have the best QB on the field. It has been a while. It is why we are where we are. I hope Taquan does well. We will know when our QB takes the snap and knows who will be open and not have to look for 3-4 seconds. For once we can put the opponents D on the backfoot.

Reaction Score
The P4 is always going to look for depth, especially experienced depth that has had some success. Kansas St. is not looking for Roberson to be a program changing starting QB, but to provide quality depth and he can do that. Starter gets injured and maybe Roberson gets his shot. I don't think Mora wanted Roberson to hit the portal, but he decided that he was down the depth chart and Roberson decided to move on. Here is the conundrum of the portal: Evers, with no experience but higher upside is not attractive for KSU which already has a bunch of inexperienced QBs, but Roberson with experience as a starting QB is more attractive.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm glad he found a good landing place. This is what de facto college football free agency looks like. For me, at least it makes it difficult to connect with players, and the team, when you only see guys for a year or so.

Reaction Score
Maybe KState approached him? Maybe he would have been the starter?
We know almost nothing about what happens off the field. You don’t know that what any coach or player says or tweets is even their version of the truth, much less the actual truth. Much less what a poster “hears.”

Which is why it’s not worth worrying about anything other than what you see in the field twelve Saturdays a year. If you consume anything else, you should be consuming it for your entertainment, and not because you think you’re actually learning anything you can count on,

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If TR has a great year at K State this football board will be very difficult to view.

Good luck TR
You need to add "and Evers and/or Wellinger don't have a solid year" it will be tough. I think TR saw he was being recruited over and his chance of even being QB2 were slim. Can't blame him for entering the portal in this day and age.

Wish him all the best

Reaction Score
I was laughed at on this board for saying he doesn’t stink. Hmmmmmm

They are thin at QB and need an experienced backup. Not many left in the portal.

I hope he ends up starting. I wish him luck.

Reaction Score
You need to add "and Evers and/or Wellinger don't have a solid year" it will be tough. I think TR saw he was being recruited over and his chance of even being QB2 were slim. Can't blame him for entering the portal in this day and age.

Wish him all the best
He seemed liked a good teammate, but he wasn't getting it done. If he isn't even QB2 against a freshman, redshirt frosh, a QB most people here think belongs in FCS, and a guy who has never played a down of college ball then I think that says a lot about how right we were to try and bring others in. "Recruiting over" to me is when you don't give a guy the chance to grow into a role. Roberson had every opportunity last year and proved he wasn't the guy (for us, at least.) Wish him well and hope we do well also

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
To me Roberson's fate was sealed when he fumbled the ball against someone mid season and made no effort to get it back. It showed a lack of leadership and toughness and most coaches can accept mistakes if one shows toughness and leadership.

Reaction Score
Good luck TR. Hope he gets a shot out there.

It just didn't look like he was comfortable on that knee until the last couple games of the season. Would have been interested to see what he could have done this year compared to last year where every play seemed like a read option with a QB that didn't know how his newly surgically repaired knee would hold up if he ran it.

Reaction Score
They are thin at QB and need an experienced backup. Not many left in the portal.

I hope he ends up starting. I wish him luck.
I can't state enough the number of drops from our WRs on what should have been pitch and catch plays was absurd. Has to be why they went so heavy in the portal. That kills all momentum and makes any OC gun shy about putting it in the air.

For once i wouldn't mind if they did the rotating QB thinf with Fagnone and Evers.

Reaction Score
I can't state enough the number of drops from our WRs on what should have been pitch and catch plays was absurd. Has to be why they went so heavy in the portal. That kills all momentum and makes any OC gun shy about putting it in the air.

For once i wouldn't mind if they did the rotating QB thinf with Fagnone and Evers.

Our QBs had terrible touch on their passes at times too.

Reaction Score

Agreed the amount of drops were absurd lat year and short-circuited any consistent offensive production. With that I want someone to clearly win the QB1 job. IDK who it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom