UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 42 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Orange Bowl is as meaningless as all the other bowls. I wouldnt risk injury for this.
Seriously, why would anyone including dtudents and alumni pay to see a team that wasn’t the team
that got them to the bowl? Major college sports really has descended to watching a bunch of people wearing school colors that particular day. The sports have gone over the top with what’s in it for meism To paraphrase JFK, more or less, ask not what you can do for your school that handed you a free education, but ask the school what have they done for you that deserves loyalty.’i am totally turned off.

Reaction Score
Seriously, why would anyone including dtudents and alumni pay to see a team that wasn’t the team
that got them to the bowl? Major college sports really has descended to watching a bunch of people wearing school colors that particular day. The sports have gone over the top with what’s in it for meism To paraphrase JFK, more or less, ask not what you can do for your school that handed you a free education, but ask the school what have they done for you that deserves loyalty.’i am totally turned off.
Agreed - other than UConn or CFP games, I haven't watched a single other bowl game from start to finish for the past 5 years.

Reaction Score
sad part is most, nowadays, don't think what you posted is logical in today's world... Integrity matters no more to the masses... it's about the almighty dollar

Reaction Score
Seriously, why would anyone including students and alumni pay to see a team that wasn’t the team
To your point, more than 24 FSU players have opted out of the Orange Bowl for various reasons. Mad Dog Russo had a rant on this saying the FSU players have no guts. I agree with him. They moan about not being in the playoffs and then they walk away from a chance to prove themselves against Georgia. What better preparation for the NFL than beating Georgia? But as others have said in this chat, FSU wants to send a message.

I am different from most as I have been watching some games especially the better bowls that began later this week. The Oklahoma team and OL in particular had a bunch of opt outs and they had at least 8 holding calls which certainly affected the game.

Caleb Williams did not play for USC in the Holiday Bowl but was there out of uniform. His replacement Miller Moss threw six TDs. That is why I watch the games, to see players play who wouldn't ordinarily play. There have been some great individual performances but the quality of the games has suffered.

I also watched a bit of the Wasabi Bowl at Fenway where BC beat Louisville. There weren't many fans in the stands. I can't blame them. Who wants to watch a game at Fenway in the rain?

Reaction Score
To your point, more than 24 FSU players have opted out of the Orange Bowl for various reasons. Mad Dog Russo had a rant on this saying the FSU players have no guts. I agree with him. They moan about not being in the playoffs and then they walk away from a chance to prove themselves against Georgia. What better preparation for the NFL than beating Georgia? But as others have said in this chat, FSU wants to send a message.

I am different from most as I have been watching some games especially the better bowls that began later this week. The Oklahoma team and OL in particular had a bunch of opt outs and they had at least 8 holding calls which certainly affected the game.

Caleb Williams did not play for USC in the Holiday Bowl but was there out of uniform. His replacement Miller Moss threw six TDs. That is why I watch the games, to see players play who wouldn't ordinarily play. There have been some great individual performances but the quality of the games has suffered.

I also watched a bit of the Wasabi Bowl at Fenway where BC beat Louisville. There weren't many fans in the stands. I can't blame them. Who wants to watch a game at Fenway in the rain?
BC played SMU.

Reaction Score
BC played SMU.
Correct, My bad. BC beat SMU in the Wasabi Bowl and USC beat Louisville in the Holiday Bowl. I watch portions of the games but forget the details after the games.

Reaction Score

I also watched a bit of the Wasabi Bowl at Fenway where BC beat Louisville. There weren't many fans in the stands. I can't blame them. Who wants to watch a BC game at Fenway in the rain?
FIFY

Reaction Score
sad part is most, nowadays, don't think what you posted is logical in today's world... Integrity matters no more to the masses... it's about the almighty dollar
It's a two way street, why be loyal to a place that wont hesitate to throw you under the bus once things start going south. Just look at all those tech layoffs this year after record profits last couple of years.

Same thing with players, schools don't hesitate to recruit over players in the transfer portal, so why should players not seek a better situation if they can?

Loyalty don't pay the bills

Reaction Score
Correct, My bad. BC beat SMU in the Wasabi Bowl and USC beat Louisville in the Holiday Bowl. I watch portions of the games but forget the details after the games.
Big props for northeast fb, both BC and Rutgers won.

Reaction Score
It's a two way street, why be loyal to a place that wont hesitate to throw you under the bus once things start going south. Just look at all those tech layoffs this year after record profits last couple of years.

Same thing with players, schools don't hesitate to recruit over players in the transfer portal, so why should players not seek a better situation if they can?

Loyalty don't pay the bills
And you just pointed out what I was eluding to all along. The almighty dollar. Ain't no integrity in that.

Reaction Score
Dayne had a very unfortunate situation. I hope he gets a chance to be a significant piece with Akron. UConn is not a good place to be an OT looking for playing time with future NFLer Lundt and an experienced Senn returning.

Reaction Score
Dayne had a very unfortunate situation. I hope he gets a chance to be a significant piece with Akron. UConn is not a good place to be an OT looking for playing time with future NFLer Lundt and an experienced Senn returning.
You're only a play away from seeing the field.

Reaction Score
Is this correct?

Screen Shot 2024-01-09 at 6.25.35 PM.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom