UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 48 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

Reaction Score
Teams haven’t lost anyone to our 3-9 disaster. Every P5 transfer we get is some backup who couldn’t cut it at that level. We’re losing starters to James Madison. It’s not the same.
Turner had a career year in Ross's absence. You think P4 starters are transferring to G5's in droves?

Reaction Score
JMU is way better than us and were ranked. They currently have alot more to offer than we do.
JMU from last yr is completely different than JMU now. Cignetti fleeced their offense and took a lot of them with him to Indiana

Reaction Score
There is not a great history of former UConn players contributing greatly to their future schools. Maybe a Handful
Neibrich at Fordham and Dixon at Eastern Kentucky? FCS level.
Beavers and Turnstall at Cincinatti
DeGeorge at Louisville
Carter at Michigan State
Tyler Davis? What 15 catches 1 td He made himself standout to a local NFL club during Tech's pro day after a performance enhancement stint making himself bigger, stronger, faster. Good story there.
Tyler Cole was definitely not slow.

Reaction Score
There is not a great history of former UConn players contributing greatly to their future schools. Maybe a Handful
Neibrich at Fordham and Dixon at Eastern Kentucky? FCS level.
Beavers and Turnstall at Cincinatti
DeGeorge at Louisville
Carter at Michigan State
Tyler Davis? What 15 catches 1 td He made himself standout to a local NFL club during Tech's pro day after a performance enhancement stint making himself bigger, stronger, faster. Good story there.
13 years of Mike Nebrich kept alive here. We need a Nebrich board.

Reaction Score
I have my doubts JMU will be as good next season. Regression to the mean.

Reaction Score
per an article several years ago he's special ed teacher and wrestling coach... has a family and appears to have found his passion, which is great for him...
That's pretty awesome for him.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not sure what's so funny about Houston committing to ETSU... At least he's going somewhere... Quite honestly, I think he probably took the correct path for himself... We're a program in transition... We're only a few years in with JM... What's to say he was told something behind the scenes about his future here? Yet we focus solely on our own opinions about players being committed to the program that ultimately jump into the portal... We are still in rebuild mode (facts)... and to be completely honest, this ain't over... We're gonna lose more guys that we thought should've stuck around for the better of the team because they showed up in games and performed admirably... JM's trying to put something together that will be sustainable... At least that's what it seems like to me when you look at how the roster's been churning these past few years..

Reaction Score
Not sure what's so funny about Houston committing to ETSU... At least he's going somewhere... Quite honestly, I think he probably took the correct path for himself... We're a program in transition... We're only a few years in with JM... What's to say he was told something behind the scenes about his future here? Yet we focus solely on our own opinions about players being committed to the program that ultimately jump into the portal... We are still in rebuild mode (facts)... and to be completely honest, this ain't over... We're gonna lose more guys that we thought should've stuck around for the better of the team because they showed up in games and performed admirably... JM's trying to put something together that will be sustainable... At least that's what it seems like to me when you look at how the roster's been churning these past few years..
Compare Basketball to Football. Maybe I'm comparing apples to oranges, but maybe not....
Turning a FB program around is like the Titanic sighting an iceberg, you've got to have plenty of time and space to make that turn. JM is trying to get his kind of athletes, the same as Hurley and every other coach. Hurley turning hoops around is like a decent sized yacht compared to the Titanic. Requires less time and space to turn. Hurley took 5 years to win a National Championship. What is Moras standard and how long does that take?
So yeah, there is going to be more change, not less, and for a longer time than hoops. What the ultimate standard for success is for "turning the FB program around" is very subjective. Some combination of W-L, revenue and attendance I would assume, as a National Championship is way out there unless we get the Golden Ticket to the P2.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Houston isn’t your typical transfer where you can apply the usual rationale on why he transferred.

He transferred mid season….leaving the team short handed. Mora was pretty clear the transfer was a surprise and unwanted. Houston wasn’t told he should look at other options. It was his decision.

So….for a player to decide mid season against the coaches wishes that he wants something different and better….and they end up at East Tennessee State, is at least curious.

Reaction Score
I am sure East Tennessee State is not where Houston envisioned himself to land when he quit on his team mates midway through the season. If I were a coach I would look long and hard before taking a player who had done that to his previous team and coach.

Reaction Score
I think @AllHusky is understanding what my point is a little more than the other two responses... Bottom line: we are still considered a very bad bad (bad) football team... not as bad as in the past, but still pretty bad... I don't think we're that bad (but our record always indicates how we're viewed)... That leaves room (no matter if it's mid-season or end of season) for guys like Devontae to make moves the way he did.. We could've very well been the same 3-9 team with him... easily... Realistically, did we want a 5'10 160 lb RB as RB1 for us? on a team that was and still is looking to replace him? we'd prefer 5'10 200lbs that's as fast/talented as him... big difference. My thing is I don't think he quit on the team... like a ton of other student athletes (with this new NIL thing going) did the same thing... I think his best fit is probably FCS anyways...

Reaction Score

It’s funny because it’s a tremendous downgrade. Maybe he’ll do well and get back to an FBS program though.

Not sure what you mean about what he was told. He was our most consistent offensive threat until he opted to sit out the rest of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom