Uconn’s next coach | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Uconn’s next coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Konkol has shown absolutely nothing in his three years at La Tech...I don't understand why so many are throwing his name out. In his time as HC they have finished 154, 93 and 153 in Kenpom. That is considered good or even solid nowadays?

I have been talking about Eric Konkol for a while now. He's a good coach, his teams play a good brand of basketball, and hes a guy that will be able to recruit. He's a guy who reminds me of a young Billy Donovan. That's his upside.

PS: Don't get me wrong I won't be disappointed if we get Hurley as that would be a good pickup for us. I like Konkol and LA Tech makes really good selections of young coaches. Either Hurley or Konkol is fine by me.

Reaction Score
Pitino was found guilty of? Having some employees that broke the law. KO and a lot of other coaches may be guilty of the same thing with lesser offenses.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yes, instant credibility as a program, and he’d have us winning fast. He’s worth the baggage.

Reaction Score
Rick Pitino recently was in the news saying he'd love to coach again. Do you guys think it'd be premature for UConn to hire him this offseason coming off his most recent allegations?

Wtf is wrong with some of you guys??

OMG, again, WTF is wrong with some of you people???

Quoting myself from other equally stupid threads.

Reaction Score
The strength coach has all of the VIP hookups. We need someone to carry on the Bunky tradition.

Yes, please hire Travis or the other strength and conditioning coach who was here for 3 weeks.

Strengths: Did not last long.
Weaknesses: Did not make players strong or conditioned.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Ugh. I missed that. That one really hurts.

I did too and I’m here...but admittedly not paying tons of attention, you’d think I’d have heard it by now though.

Totally OT to OP but I’m glad Oats is locked up for Buffalo’s sake. We could use a strong of relevant years and add to Bonnies’ recent success and the area should be exciting.

We need some life with the community and athletic program and Oats and the ADs have done a solid job.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Have we reached peak Boneyard? I think we’ve reached peak Boneyard.

Matta, Hobbs, Freeman, Calhoun w/Miller in waiting... lol.

Not even remotely close. How about Bill "The Governor" Raftery? HC experience? Check. Connections? Check. Name Recognition? Check. Onions? Check.

He coached in the original Big East. Remember Danny Calandrillo at Seton Hall?

Reaction Score
Not even remotely close. How about Bill "The Governor" Raftery? HC experience? Check. Connections? Check. Name Recognition? Check. Onions? Check.

He coached in the original Big East. Remember Danny Calandrillo at Seton Hall?

Danny C blast from the past. Kid was a shooter had a great career at the Hall. I believe his senior year was PJs first there with RAF as his coach fresh-Junior.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I did too and I’m here...but admittedly not paying tons of attention, you’d think I’d have heard it by now though.

Totally OT to OP but I’m glad Oats is locked up for Buffalo’s sake. We could use a strong of relevant years and add to Bonnies’ recent success and the area should be exciting.

We need some life with the community and athletic program and Oats and the ADs have done a solid job.

I’d like some life in our basketball program. And the guy beat out Rutgers for jeenathan Williams and I believe VCU and UCF for Segu.

Those guys would’ve helped in the case of an exodus.

I was disappointed no one on the board wanted to discuss him but maybe they heard it was coming?

Reaction Score
Actually, on Barstool Sport's "Pardon My Take" podcast, Geno said in an interview that he would hire Pitino to his own staff, I think he'd welcome him to Storrs.
I am cool with it too, assuming Geno has his staff lock certain doors at his restaurant.

Reaction Score
The next coach needs to rebuild the brand as much as he needs to rebuild the program. Thus, its imperative that it is a big name hire. We must move the needle. An up and comer from some low major with minimal experience and no northeastern ties just wont cut it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The next coach needs to rebuild the brand as much as he needs to rebuild the program. Thus, its imperative that it is a big name hire. We must move the needle. An up and comer from some low major with minimal experience and no northeastern ties just wont cut it.

There is no one out there that fits that definition. Every big name is at an established school. And a guy like Tom Crean isn't a big name. He's a retread.

Reaction Score
Will Wade. He recruited the state of CT better than KO did.

Reactions: pj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown