Uconn’s next coach | The Boneyard

Uconn’s next coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I believe John Thompson III should be our next coach. My second choice would be Hurley.

Reaction Score
Yuck. I live in DC. Watched his teams for years. Never did much.
With the state of the Huskies he wouldn’t be a bad choice, or do you want to stick with Ollie.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If it can't be Donovan....

Hurley, Oats or Otzelberger

The first two there can bring in recruits to replenish the talent...the latter has a good recruiting background.

Reaction Score
I can’t wait to see what is going to happen. The Ollie saga will be a long one until they finally fire him in the next coming days hopefully. I love Ollie but he should only be an assistant coach.

Reaction Score
I don't mind the offense.

But JT3's teams tended to underachieve.
I still think he is not a bad choice though. His teams at times underachieved. I do think he could definitely recruit at uconn

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
JT III?

Gee, why not Kevin Stallings :)

Reaction Score
I still think he is not a bad choice though. His teams at times underachieved. I do think he could definitely recruit at uconn
So what if he can recruit, he'd be Ollie all over again. First we need a coach that knows how to prepare his team and can coach the team during a game, then we need someone who knows how to mold raw talent and show them how to play basketball and show players in practice how to improve their games, neither Ollie nor JT III have a clue on how to do that.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
will_uconn_fire_kevin_ollie_jim_calhoun.jpg

Will UConn fire Kevin Ollie, bring back Jim Calhoun?

"Benedict brought back former head football coach Randy Edsall to stabilize the program in December 2016. He could very well do the same for the men's basketball program in the coming days by re-hiring Calhoun."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I honestly don't want to see Coach Jim taking over a difficult situation that he easily could have turned around in a few years at a different stage in his career. Why put him through it and risk any of the polish coming off a HOF career? Instant credibility but other programs will be recruiting against a limited time horizon. I just don't see anything other than loyalty to the program bringing Jim back, but hopeful he is consulting with the AD as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom