Tyler Dorsey | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tyler Dorsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The backcourt is the least of the problems comparatively. The front court is awful. I'll take Brimah will a full offseason. Facey is a tweener, no skills for the 3 and body can't play the 4. Nolan we know. Maybe Lubin next year will be a legit 4.
On Facey: I met Ralph Samspon a few years ago. He makes Facey look like a steroid infused body builder. Facey is our 4 going forward. I'm much more concerned about the PG rotation next season post Boatright.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
W/O someone like Dorsey, Adams will be in Boat's position next year but as a freshman.It will be a disaster. I think we can live with our front court next year (even w/o Stone) but we can't live with Adams without another ball handler.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
On Facey: I met Ralph Samspon a few years ago. He makes Facey look like a steroid infused body builder. Facey is our 4 going forward. I'm much more concerned about the PG rotation next season post Boatright.

Sampson was pretty well built his last couple of years at UVA.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 46

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Sampson had a small frame and he never carried much weight - I think he was about 215 at UVa and then 225 in the NBA.

These days, however, he's really slender.

Reaction Score
He's 6-9 200lbs. He can't defend 4s, can't play with back to basket, can't handle, has no range outside of 4 feet.

Unless he comes back 6-9 235lb I think Lubin beats him out. If Stone comes neither will see the floor in critical spots aside from Stone or Brimah foul trouble.

I am surprised someone could have watched any games this season and come to the conclusion that Facey won't be able to play the 4 next season.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He's 6-9 200lbs. He can't defend 4s, can't play with back to basket, can't handle, has no range outside of 4 feet.

Unless he comes back 6-9 235lb I think Lubin beats him out. If Stone comes neither will see the floor in critical spots aside from Stone or Brimah foul trouble.

How many games have you seen this year?

Reaction Score

You and I are clearly watching two different players, but I'm guessing you haven't watched much at all. Facey has been one of the few bright spots this year, and he is improving every single game. He's our best rebounder by far and has proven he can score getting 15 and 14 points the last two games. One rebound short of a double double against Duke no less. No range outside of 4 feet? Umm that's just false.

Reaction Score
husky91 said:
He's 6-9 200lbs. He can't defend 4s, can't play with back to basket, can't handle, has no range outside of 4 feet. Unless he comes back 6-9 235lb I think Lubin beats him out. If Stone comes neither will see the floor in critical spots aside from Stone or Brimah foul trouble.

This is just an astounding post. Facet has been a revelation this season. What the hell are you talking about?

Reaction Score

You're whacked 91. He has some things he needs to get better at like handling it, passing it maybe and even some on the defensive end. But to get where he was last year to a guy who just got 14 and 9 vs Duke early the following year is unexpected. Now you have him getting beat out by someone who plays 7 minutes? Where do you come up with this stuff?

He's improved in every area and in some dramatically. If this continues he would be tough to get off the floor for even a 5 star freshman stud at this point.

Reaction Score
?? He's a garbage player like someone posted. He has zero range outside of 4 feet, he cleans up loose balls and is opportunistic. He's not a legit 4, but he has no skills to play the 3. I like his hustle, but he needs 30+ lbs to play the 4 and develop a post game and range out to 10-12 feet.

This board is so bias, I bet there's people here who still think Thabeet wasn't a bust and that 'Meka should have been taken over D12.

This is just an astounding post. Facet has been a revelation this season. What the hell are you talking about?

Reaction Score
?? He's a garbage player like someone posted. He has zero range outside of 4 feet, he cleans up loose balls and is opportunistic. He's not a legit 4, but he has no skills to play the 3. I like his hustle, but he needs 30+ lbs to play the 4 and develop a post game and range out to 10-12 feet.

This board is so bias, I bet there's people here who still think Thabeet wasn't a bust and that 'Meka should have been taken over D12.

Difference between bias and plain idiotic. What's wrong with "opportunistic"? Some people have a nose for the ball others don't - he does. That's a bad thing? He needs 15-20 lbs I agree and needs to add a confident jumper too, if he wants to play in the NBA that is. That's on him, in the meantime as he gets better he will be a very nice college player for UConn.

Reaction Score

You simply have no clue what you're talking about.

Reaction Score
I think our offense will need time to adjust to our personnel. This year when 2 of these 4, Amida, Kentan, Nolan and Lubin, are in the game you need a different look. You have to try and get the ball inside to get some points, otherwise you only have 2-3 players who can score. As we have seen so far, our outside shooting is not good enough to make up for our inability to score down low. IMO, the Coppin state game was an aberration due to a 6-6 center.

Last year we had 2 stretch fours in Daniels and Giffey. Heck, they could play the 5 in spots. They could play low OR play on the wing. When they were on the floor we could spread the defense and hits threes. We now need to get more points In the paint or in transition.

On a different note, I have been disappointed in our defensive play, but against Duke, they could not have done a better job. Maybe they play to the level of the competition at the moment.

pj

Reaction Score

You're a joke. Facey's shot from 15' is better than half the players in DI basketball. It may not be a part of UConn's offense ... yet ... but it is good. Facey is developing into a solid player. How long did it take Deandre Daniels to become a "legit 4"? How long will it take you to become a legit poster?

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure adams can come in here and start from the jump at the 1. He is a scoring pg but so is boatright. Getting dorsey would be pretty awesome, just because he already has chemistry with hamilton and is a big time shooter.

pj

Reaction Score
Dorsey would be the missing piece on the perimeter. Stone would be the missing piece on the interior. This could be a truly awesome class.

Reaction Score
Dorsey would be the missing piece on the perimeter. Stone would be the missing piece on the interior. This could be a truly awesome class.
yup the underwhelming abilities of all three of purvis/scII/samuel means we desperately need that perimeter piece to take pressure off freshman adams and hamilton. Stone i still consider icing on the cake, would be an insane get, but not the end of days. not getting another perimeter piece would mean we are doomed

Reaction Score
Although i'm pretty sure purvis would murder KO if he is forced to come off the bench.

Reaction Score

"Garbage" gets 14 and 9 against Duke.

Reaction Score
You're lost, you know nothing about basketball apparently.

Facey is a garbage player, he hustles and gets loose balls and put backs on the weak side.

Daniels, Giffey and even Denham were at lease stretch 4s in the college game. Facey can't play facing or with back to basket.

If we get Stone this is a mute conversation, Facey will be nowhere near the floor.

There is no rule that says every UConn player is either MJ, LeBron, Tim Duncan or Shaq.

You're a joke. Facey's shot from 15' is better than half the players in DI basketball. It may not be a part of UConn's offense ... yet ... but it is good. Facey is developing into a solid player. How long did it take Deandre Daniels to become a "legit 4"? How long will it take you to become a legit poster?

Reaction Score
Here we go again. Me clicking on a recruiting post like a Pavlov's dog expecting some valuable information only to be disappointed again and again. I'm fully aware of the irony of me creating this post, contributing to what I'm b itching about.

Reaction Score
Someone else called him this, it's fitting in a sense, not an insult.

Go look at the shot chart against Puke and show me where Facey made a shot outside of 4 feet.

"Garbage" gets 14 and 9 against Duke.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
You're lost, you know nothing about basketball apparently.

Facey is a garbage player, he hustles and gets loose balls and put backs on the weak side.

Daniels, Giffey and even Denham were at lease stretch 4s in the college game. Facey can't play facing or with back to basket.

If we get Stone this is a mute conversation, Facey will be nowhere near the floor.

There is no rule that says every UConn player is either MJ, LeBron, Tim Duncan or Shaq.
A type of conversation you might want to learn. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall