Tyler Dorsey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tyler Dorsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just because they played ball together in HS doesn't mean they want to continue that at the collegiate level. I played with plenty of kids throughout my bball career that I did not wish to play with again.

We jump to conclusions and see teammates and immediately assume they are friends. They may be friends or they may just be good players who used to play on the same team

I don't think anyone assumed anything they just said it couldn't hurt. Maybe, maybe not!

Reaction Score
Old Kevin sorely needs some boost in powers of observation.

He is off on pipedream number infinity.

Get a brain on.

This dude is not matriculating huskyville just because the 2 of yo are from south cal.

How did that work when you pursued that 6-11 North American Indian who chose Arizona?

This dude is not playing 2nd harmonica to newrip no way.

Most teammates are not buds. Hello

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Get a brain on.

This dude is not matriculating huskyville just because the 2 of yo are from south cal.

How did that work when you pursued that 6-11 North American Indian who chose Arizona?

Let's hire you as recruiting coordinator then. Maybe you can offer some peyote to kids and get them to commit that way.

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: Two schools that have tried to start re-recruiting @TDORSEY_1 are UConn and Louisville. Sounds like UConn is in mix, but Cards are out.

D

Deleted member 3149

Get a brain on.

Translation:

................. Yea I got nothing

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Just because they played ball together in HS doesn't mean they want to continue that at the collegiate level. I played with plenty of kids throughout my bball career that I did not wish to play with again.

We jump to conclusions and see teammates and immediately assume they are friends. They may be friends or they may just be good players who used to play on the same team

The 6-foot-4 Dorsey played with current UConn freshman Daniel Hamilton at Bellflower (CA) St. John Bosco and the two players are “good friends,” Jerrid Dorsey, Tyler’s father, told SNY.tv Monday evening.

“We like UConn, it makes it real attractive,

Reaction Score
He will end up at UConn for the matter he is good friends with Dham and has the freedom of playing the style of basketball he likes seems to me they want to see the school some how before he commits cuz he used all of his visits. But I really have a problem with this because we should be looking at more bigs in case Diamond Stone does not sign with UConn

Reaction Score
i know virtually nothing about Dorsey other than he'd be a perfect fit here. I will forever shut up about recruiting if somehow we end up with a class of Adams, Dorsey, Enoch, and Stone. Dorsey fills a bigger need than any of the 3's we missed on did. Of course the chance of pulling that foursome is extremely slim.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He will end up at UConn for the matter he is good friends with Dham and has the freedom of playing the style of basketball he likes seems to me they want to see the school some how before he commits cuz he used all of his visits. But I really have a problem with this because we should be looking at more bigs in case Diamond Stone does not sign with UConn

From watching our team, it seems to me we could use some more good guards, too. Maybe someone who could maintain better than a 1:1 a:to ratio?

Reaction Score
nomaI'm post: 1160658 said:
From watching our team, it seems to me we could use some more good guards, too. Maybe someone who could maintain better than a 1:1 a:to ratio?
I agree but im looking at jalen Adams to come in and contribute with Rodney Purvis playing better. But we should looking at bigs because we not sure where Diamond is going

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
The 6-foot-4 Dorsey played with current UConn freshman Daniel Hamilton at Bellflower (CA) St. John Bosco and the two players are “good friends,” Jerrid Dorsey, Tyler’s father, told SNY.tv Monday evening.

“We like UConn, it makes it real attractive,
I stand corrected

Reaction Score
I agree but im looking at jalen Adams to come in and contribute with Rodney Purvis playing better. But we should looking at bigs because we not sure where Diamond is going

Yeah but the Adams/Dorsey 1 & 2 opens up some interesting options with 2 real good ball handlers who can score. You can play more like Nova then potentially with Purvis and DHam, Brimah and be fine at times.

Oh we still need Stone or someone who can step in, but to get Dorsey somehow would cure some woes also!

Reaction Score

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
i know virtually nothing about Dorsey other than he'd be a perfect fit here. I will forever shut up about recruiting if somehow we end up with a class of Adams, Dorsey, Enoch, and Stone. Dorsey fills a bigger need than any of the 3's we missed on did. Of course the chance of pulling that foursome is extremely slim.

Already more than half way there!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Interesting note about Dorsey: Even thought he has good size (6-foot-4.5) for a guard, he's actually got short arms - his wingspan is 6-foot-3.5. That's really affected his class ranking - he's dropped about 20 spots over the past 12 months even though he's been really productive and reliable, and often spectacular.

It also means he's likely never going to draw a ton of high lottery buzz unless he turns into a lights out 3-point shooter, which means that he's probably going to be a 3- or 4-year college player since NBA teams really, really value wingspan.

The wingspan issue is also why DHam was ranked lower than he should have been. If you read scouting reports, they'll all say "lacks elite length." Same thing with Purvis.

Adams, on the other hand, is 6-foot-2 with a 6-foot-6.5 wingspan.

Obviously there's more to all of them than simple measurables, but given how important the measurables are to NBA teams, it's worth thinking about for just a little bit.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Adams and Enoch are done. Stone and Dorsey are in decent shape for us.

I think Bruce was pointing out your mistake with your "more than half way there" comment.

2 out of 4 doesn't equal more than half way there. ;)

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
2 out of 4 and a good start on #3 and #4?
It is a long way from happening, but more than a pipe dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom