Tyler Dorsey | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tyler Dorsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dorsey has been playing very good likely looking to move his way back up the rankings after his recents drops. Looks like a little injury may have been hampering him over the summer.

@DunkNews: Tyler Dorsey #Maranatha was spectacular last night almost defeating Prestonwood single handedly. Can U Say #missingtheboat @TarkClassic

@JoelFranESPN: Tyler Dorsey (Maranatha) has had a fine senior campaign thus far/playing more efficiently/being more productive as a result..#TarkClassic

@EvanDaniels: Tyler Dorsey is having a nice game here at the Tark Classic. His shot selection has improved & he's done a nice job getting to FT line.

@jerrymeyer247: Tyler Dorsey was terrific yesterday. Healthy. Took bite out of that "he isn't a point guard talk." Heard same bout Jrue Holiday #TarkClassic

Reaction Score
This should solidify him as a major, major target:
@trigonis30: Maranatha's @TDORSEY_1 with a signature @TarkClassic performance today in win over Windward: 38 points/13 rebs/10 assists #TarkClassic

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think we have an appealing pitch for him.

1) He wants to be a point guard. He doesn't want to hear about playing the wing. We do have Adams coming in, but we've shown that not only can we play two guards at once, we actually do it rather well. And the head coach was a point guard in the NBA three minutes ago.

2) Daniel Hamilton.

3) He's taken all five official visits and didn't see anything that made him want to commit on the spot.

Some downsides -

1) If he wants to visit, he's going to have to pay to fly across the country. Does anyone here own Southwest Airlines? We need some coupons.

2) Kansas. That's a tough hill to climb. They have playing time and a higher profile thanks to our realignment mess.

Reaction Score
I think we have an appealing pitch for him.

1) He wants to be a point guard. He doesn't want to hear about playing the wing. We do have Adams coming in, but we've shown that not only can we play two guards at once, we actually do it rather well. And the head coach was a point guard in the NBA three minutes ago.

2) Daniel Hamilton.

3) He's taken all five official visits and didn't see anything that made him want to commit on the spot.

Some downsides -

1) If he wants to visit, he's going to have to pay to fly across the country. Does anyone here own Southwest Airlines? We need some coupons.

2) Kansas. That's a tough hill to climb. They have playing time and a higher profile thanks to our realignment mess.

Good points; although from a playing time perspective Kansas has a heck of a frosh PG in Davonte Graham. From what I've seen (about 5 games, admittedly not much) he's a good player that is probably gone after 3 years. Frank Mason, their back up point, is also only a soph. If he wants time at the 1, we are a much better option.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
My sister in law works for Southwest and I'm sure I could get some coupons if he doesn't mind flying standby.

Would that be a violation?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Good points; although from a playing time perspective Kansas has a heck of a frosh PG in Davonte Graham. From what I've seen (about 5 games, admittedly not much) he's a good player that is probably gone after 3 years. Frank Mason, their back up point, is also only a soph. If he wants time at the 1, we are a much better option.

I hope Dorsey thinks as much of Graham as you do.

He's had some injuries, so I gotta give him some benefit of the doubt, but I haven't been terribly impressed.

He might actually be redshirted this year - he's out for a month with turf toe.

Reaction Score
Graham is a decent player, but I think that Dorsey would be a great bet to come in and start over him right away. As it is, they're generally playing without a true PG. The two primary ballhandlers have been Mason, who is as mediocre as they come, and Selden, a swingman playing out of position. Graham was playing well in limited minutes, but still wasn't doing a great job creating for guys around him.

Reaction Score
Kansas will be tough.

He and Adams in the backcourt from the get go with everyone else back? As Fishy said a pretty good sell. Love to get him!

Reaction Score
Kansas has been slow playing him this entire time. They have Newman ahead of him and once Newman commits somewhere they will adjust with Dorsey accordingly. Cal is on him very hard.

Reaction Score
Kansas has been slow playing him this entire time. They have Newman ahead of him and once Newman commits somewhere they will adjust with Dorsey accordingly. Cal is on him very hard.

Cal? as in "apari" or Golden Bears? I'm assuming the latter since Briscoe would have been the last guard at UK I think?

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Cal? as in "apari" or Golden Bears? I'm assuming the latter since Briscoe would have been the last guard at UK I think?

Cal Golden Bears. Cuonzo Martin is in deep with Dorsey and Ivan Rabb. Could possibly get both of them.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Cal Golden Bears. Cuonzo Martin is in deep with Dorsey and Ivan Rabb. Could possibly get both of them.
I love CAL. I grew up 20 minutes from campus. I would love Rabb and Dorsey in Berkeley. It ain't happenin.

Reaction Score
I love CAL. I grew up 20 minutes from campus. I would love Rabb and Dorsey in Berkeley. It ain't happenin.

Hey real on that thought my friend. You would "love Dorsey being a Husky" and it wouldn't kill you if he ended up a Golden Bear - that's more like it!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Hey real on that thought my friend. You would "love Dorsey being a Husky" and it wouldn't kill you if he ended up a Golden Bear - that's more like it!
Touché. My love for CAL is infinitesimal compared to my love for UCONN. my point was only that there is virtually no way CAL gets Rabb and Dorsey.

C

Chief00

Touché. My love for CAL is infinitesimal compared to my love for UCONN. my point was only that there is virtually no way CAL gets Rabb and Dorsey.

I have to admire Ollie's work ethic. Tough loss in NJ late Thursday - then out west to see Dorsey - then practice Saturday morning and onto the event in Hartford. Wow!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I have to admire Ollie's work ethic. Tough loss in NJ late Thursday - then out west to see Dorsey - then practice Saturday morning and onto the event in Hartford. Wow!
Love the work ethic. Not that it takes a genius to see it now, but it also speaks volumes about his confidence--or lack thereof--in our current crop of guards. I'm sure he saw it all along, given his efforts with the other guards who passed on us. Me, I bought the Purvis, T-Sam, Sam, Jr. package and I'm having buyer's remorse...

Reaction Score
And frontcourt of Brimah, Stone and DHam is good stuff.

Kansas will be tough.

He and Adams in the backcourt from the get go with everyone else back? As Fishy said a pretty good sell. Love to get him!

Reaction Score
The backcourt is the least of the problems comparatively. The front court is awful. I'll take Brimah will a full offseason. Facey is a tweener, no skills for the 3 and body can't play the 4. Nolan we know. Maybe Lubin next year will be a legit 4.

Love the work ethic. Not that it takes a genius to see it now, but it also speaks volumes about his confidence--or lack thereof--in our current crop of guards. I'm sure he saw it all along, given his efforts with the other guards who passed on us. Me, I bought the Purvis, T-Sam, Sam, Jr. package and I'm having buyer's remorse...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The backcourt is the least of the problems comparatively. The front court is awful. I'll take Brimah will a full offseason. Facey is a tweener, no skills for the 3 and body can't play the 4. Nolan we know. Maybe Lubin next year will be a legit 4.
I disagree. There are substantial questions in both the front court and back court, and a significant need in both irrespective of dramatic improvement from someone not named Hamilton. But the thought of not having Boat and relying on a freshman Jalen Adams for the lion's share of the ball handling is by far my biggest concern for next season right now. And that is no slight to Adams--I haven't seen him play and I would say that about even the best prospect (which I understand he may be). It's just too much for a freshman, especially with no real help. That's why Ollie got on a plane to Vegas after the Duke game.

Reaction Score
Good points. I think Adams will be the 2nd best player on the team next year after DHam, maybe 3rd or lower if we get Stone, Dorsey or Newman.

I disagree. There are substantial questions in both the front court and back court, and a significant need in both irrespective of dramatic improvement from someone not named Hamilton. But the thought of not having Boat and relying on a freshman Jalen Adams for the lion's share of the ball handling is by far my biggest concern for next season right now. And that is no slight to Adams--I haven't seen him play and I would say that about even the best prospect (which I understand he may be). It's just too much for a freshman, especially with no real help. That's why Ollie got on a plane to Vegas after the Duke game.

Reaction Score

I'm curious, does he have use of a private jet, take a charter, or just fly via commercial flights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom