Tua | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tua

Reaction Score
They need to detail the mistakes that he made. I think it should also be explained why none of this was an issue until after Tua got himself smashed in the Cincy game. They had 4 days to review what happened if they were so alarmed by the Buffalo game, but it seems that they didn't think about it until after the Cincy game. It makes you wonder if the NFLPA looks at any concussion situations where players are cleared to return. I'd like to hear about the "hostility" on the part of the consultant as well. Hopefully they live up to their statements to make it all public when this investigation is done.

Reaction Score
They need to detail the mistakes that he made. I think it should also be explained why none of this was an issue until after Tua got himself smashed in the Cincy game. They had 4 days to review what happened if they were so alarmed by the Buffalo game, but it seems that they didn't think about it until after the Cincy game. It makes you wonder if the NFLPA looks at any concussion situations where players are cleared to return. I'd like to hear about the "hostility" on the part of the consultant as well. Hopefully they live up to their statements to make it all public when this investigation is done.
Wrong yet again, this investigation was announced before the Cincinnati game ever happened

Reaction Score
It's a sin that the richest and most dangerous professional sport in America doesn't have guaranteed player contracts. Look at running backs. Guys are 27 and considered old and expendable. Fresh legs out of college are cheap and can replace them. Mind boggling that the NFLPA hasn't fought for and won guaranteed contracts. The owners got them to play extra games too. The players might as well be live stock the way they are treated. It's laughable to hear the NFL promoting all they're doing for player safety.
The injuries are exactly the reasons the contracts aren’t guaranteed. In baseball, those massive contracts are all insurable. I don’t know exactly how it works, but I know the Sox aren’t crying that Sale has been injured so frequently….,.at least they are getting some return on his awful contract.

We all know none of these massive contracts make sense. But they certainly don’t make sense if there is a high likelihood the player will never be able to honor it due to injury and the team can’t insure itself against same.

Reaction Score
Wrong yet again, this investigation was announced before the Cincinnati game ever happened

Ok, they started it Tuesday or Wednesday after they got some heat. It's good that is the case. Now I hope they tell us what the mistakes were, if this guy worked again, and why this didn't happen earlier. Make all the information public so we have a clear understanding of it all. We can all have our conspiracies if we want. Mine says that if Tua throws the ball away on that play, never gets hit and goes out of the game, that this consultant is still working and we aren't hearing any of this. As I continue to say, give us all the facts so we all know how it all happened.

Reaction Score
Mine says that if Tua throws the ball away on that play, never gets hit and goes out of the game, that this consultant is still working and we aren't hearing any of this. As I continue to say, give us all the facts so we all know how it all happened.
Duh

Reaction Score

You're trying really, really hard to be a contrarian and it just isn't working my man. History is simply not on your side here.

Reaction Score
Mine says that if Tua throws the ball away on that play, never gets hit and goes out of the game, that this consultant is still working and we aren't hearing any of this.

If I took a nap instead of telling my wife her sister is an entitled b****, I wouldn't be sleeping on the couch.

Ya... if you don't do the thing that gets you in trouble, you don't get in trouble. No duh.

Reaction Score
Ok, they started it Tuesday or Wednesday after they got some heat. It's good that is the case. Now I hope they tell us what the mistakes were, if this guy worked again, and why this didn't happen earlier. Make all the information public so we have a clear understanding of it all. We can all have our conspiracies if we want. Mine says that if Tua throws the ball away on that play, never gets hit and goes out of the game, that this consultant is still working and we aren't hearing any of this. As I continue to say, give us all the facts so we all know how it all happened.
I know math is hard for you, but that tweet is from Sunday at 5 PM. They announced an investigation an hour after the game ended

Reaction Score
You're trying really, really hard to be a contrarian and it just isn't working my man. History is simply not on your side here.
It's not about being contrarian, it's about wanting all the info so that we know it is being handled properly.

Reaction Score
I know math is hard for you, but that tweet is from Sunday at 5 PM. They announced an investigation an hour after the game ended
God, I read it as the 28th. Sue me, fire me, hang me, whatever. If it makes you feel better to be insulting, have at it.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I’m not a doctor and I don’t work for the Dolphins so I can’t say he had a concussion 5 days ago when his legs buckled after he got up after a hit where it looked pretty clearly like his head bounced off the ground and he had to be helped off by his teammates . . . but that _____ tonight was gross. Prayers for the kid. Just brutal to watch.
You’re right, he had a concussion against the Bills when his legs buckled. This was a second impact.

Although true second impact syndrome can be catastrophic, it‘s actually more common for it simply to be the case that the second concussion, even if from less trauma, has more severe and prolonged symptoms and a longer recovery.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
My wife the lawyer says there were a lot of grown men who watched Tua get concussed the first time and they didn't need a doctor to tell them that they needed to make a big boy decision to not let him play days later. Hmmm

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
My wife the lawyer says there were a lot of grown men who watched Tua get concussed the first time and they didn't need a doctor to tell them that they needed to make a big boy decision to not let him play days later. Hmmm
So when I added that this was a business decision her response was of course that it wasn't a very good business decision was it?

Reaction Score
It was 100% a head injury, had all the symptoms you see from a head injury. It's really bad the Dolphins and Tua (not his fault) pretended he had a back injury and that the NFL doctor cleared him. It shows the NFL still isn't at all serious about this stuff. This story isn't going to go away.

Reaction Score
If I took a nap instead of telling my wife her sister is an entitled b****, I wouldn't be sleeping on the couch.

Ya... if you don't do the thing that gets you in trouble, you don't get in trouble. No duh.
I’m ready for the OT thread on this situation with the wife’s sister!

Reaction Score
It was 100% a head injury, had all the symptoms you see from a head injury. It's really bad the Dolphins and Tua (not his fault) pretended he had a back injury and that the NFL doctor cleared him. It shows the NFL still isn't at all serious about this stuff. This story isn't going to go away.
He actually does have a back injury. He got bent backwards and rolled up on during a QB sneak. It looked like one of those plays where a lineman gets rolled up on and ends up having an injured knee. When I saw the play I figured that was his "injury for the season". Everything else in the Buffalo game is up for investigation, but his back did get dinged up on top of it all.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
He actually does have a back injury. He got bent backwards and rolled up on during a QB sneak. It looked like one of those plays where a lineman gets rolled up on and ends up having an injured knee. When I saw the play I figured that was his "injury for the season". Everything else in the Buffalo game is up for investigation, but his back did get dinged up on top of it all.
Whether or not he has a back injury too is not relevant to the play in question. He literally shakes his head to try to get the cobwebs out, then can’t maintain balance.

Reaction Score
The play we're all talking about was a head injury, they tried to play it off as a back injury.

Reaction Score
The play we're all talking about was a head injury, they tried to play it off as a back injury.
I'm just stating the fact that he actually did hurt his back. It's just another one to add to his, sadly, growing list of injuries he has taken since college. Everything else aside, I fear that he is just a small guy playing a game that will be too damaging for him.

Reaction Score
I'm just stating the fact that he actually did hurt his back. It's just another one to add to his, sadly, growing list of injuries he has taken since college. Everything else aside, I fear that he is just a small guy playing a game that will be too damaging for him.
And I'm just stating the fact he had a head injury on the play against the Bills we're all talking about and the team and Tua tried to play it off as a back injury.

He never should've returned to that game after the head injury and never should've played on Thursday because of the head injury.

Reaction Score
And I'm just stating the fact he had a head injury on the play against the Bills we're all talking about and the team and Tua tried to play it off as a back injury.

He never should've returned to that game after the head injury and never should've played on Thursday because of the head injury.
I guess we will see what all the reports end up revealing. At some point we should know what the mistakes were, what the actual injuries were, and what happened in the time after the game when he was monitored. At the moment, the NFLPA is saying incompetence, and I am sure they will have more to say as things progress. There will be a lot of punishments handed out if none of the rules were adhered to.

Reaction Score
I suspect that bicycle racing may have the highest injury numbers, including deaths.
I wonder where motocross, and other motorcycle related sports rank? This quote comes from an article that compared motocross to high school football.

“Football's .003 injuries per hour translates to 3.0 injuries per thousand hours, as compared to the 94.5 per thousand attributed to MX.”

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
So when I added that this was a business decision her response was of course that it wasn't a very good business decision was it?
No it wasn’t but we all know the Captains of Industry don’t always make decisions best for business now do they

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I wonder where motocross, and other motorcycle related sports rank? This quote comes from an article that compared motocross to high school football.

“Football's .003 injuries per hour translates to 3.0 injuries per thousand hours, as compared to the 94.5 per thousand attributed to MX.”
I kept OSHA records for several years define your injuries

Reaction Score
It just doesn’t make sense to me. How can an independent neurologist with expertise and a license to protect clear Tua to play if he so clearly had a concussion. What was the neurologist (not) seeing?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom