Tua | The Boneyard

Tua

Reaction Score
I’m not a doctor and I don’t work for the Dolphins so I can’t say he had a concussion 5 days ago when his legs buckled after he got up after a hit where it looked pretty clearly like his head bounced off the ground and he had to be helped off by his teammates . . . but that _____ tonight was gross. Prayers for the kid. Just brutal to watch.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Two weeks in a row! Last week he got his bell rung and collapsed a few plays later. Somehow he got back in the game. Players Union filed a grievance over it. I've always liked Tua and he was really starting to come into his own. Latest news has him alert and moving all extremities. Thank God. I'm not much for drama but two hits like he took the past 2 games, he may never take a snap again if he's smart.

Reaction Score
I’m not a doctor and I don’t work for the Dolphins so I can’t say he had a concussion 5 days ago when his legs buckled after he got up after a hit where it looked pretty clearly like his head bounced off the ground and he had to be helped off by his teammates . . . but that _____ tonight was gross. Prayers for the kid. Just brutal to watch.
Really ugly scene. The close up ok his hands right after the hit was stomach-turning. Hope he comes back from it without any long term impact.

Reaction Score
Two weeks in a row! Last week he got his bell rung and collapsed a few plays later. Somehow he got back in the game. Players Union filed a grievance over it. I've always liked Tua and he was really starting to come into his own. Latest news has him alert and moving all extremities. Thank God. I'm not much for drama but two hits like he took the past 2 games, he may never take a snap again if he's smart.
Almost to a man they seem to love the game and the money too much to walk away. Steve Mongo McMichaels was a beast of a guy and now weighs 80 lbs. and can't move or go to the bathroom by himself. Wasting away to nothing with Lou Gehrig's disease which was brought on by football and he says he wouldn't change one second of it. I've seen several other interviews of players dying from the sport and it's the same refrain.

Players want to play but they need to be protected from themselves, it's why they have these rules now. If it can be proven the Dolphins lied about what they knew on Sunday, they need to get hammered by the league. It's the NFL so I don't expect anyone involved to do the right thing.

Reaction Score
No bueno here. I used to work with Nowinski at WWE. Smart guy. He’s not grandstanding. He’s simply telling it like it is. So many stakeholders in the NFL need to take a long, hard look in the mirror.
Chris Nowinski, Ph.D. on Twitter: "You guys should go to jail for letting him play 5 days after an obvious #concussion you covered up. If he dies from second-impact syndrome, I'm pushing form murder charges." / Twitter

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
First and foremost, really glad to hear that wasn’t life threatening, it obviously looked worse on TV.

Really hope this doesn’t derail his career. He was just turning the corner right when most fans wrote him off. Loved watching him in college.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Chris Nowinski, Ph.D. on Twitter: "You guys should go to jail for letting him play 5 days after an obvious #concussion you covered up. If he dies from second-impact syndrome, I'm pushing form murder charges." / Twitter

The Players association signed off on it when they shouldn't. He never should have gone back in the last game. I hope he is okay but this does not look good. He shouldn't play this coming week, period.

Reaction Score
This made me sick watching. Saw the play from Sunday. Saw the play last night. That whole organization needs to be fired. Shame on the.

Reaction Score
The Dolphins lately seem to be having a lot of ethical issues.

Reaction Score
Tough to watch, he is one tough player and hope he will be ok.

At least he hasn’t pulled the ol Andrew Luck and ruin a franchise and start a book club yet.

Reaction Score
I don't know much about head trauma. I do know when a fighter is fencing like that with his hands after head trauma, there's a serious risk of someone literally dying or ending up a vegetable.

The more I see of these injuries, the more I wonder if sports like football and boxing are even worth it.

Reaction Score
It's an independent neurologist who clears the player -- so I get the speculation and last week certainly had some signs of a concussion but we really don't know. Has your back ever hurt so bad that you struggled to move? I have, anyway.

This is another reason why playing a game 4 days a part is just stupid. The NFL can say all they want about "player safety" but asking these guys to play so close to each other, is the antithesis of that. The NFL cares about money, period.

That looked really bad, girlfriend isn't a doctor but she's pretty close (she did stay at a holiday inn express) and described his stance as a "fencing posture" which indicates a very serious concussion and/or brain issue. Prayers up to Tua.

Reaction Score
It's an independent neurologist who clears the player -- so I get the speculation and last week certainly had some signs of a concussion but we really don't know. Has your back ever hurt so bad that you struggled to move? I have, anyway.

This is another reason why playing a game 4 days a part is just stupid. The NFL can say all they want about "player safety" but asking these guys to play so close to each other, is the antithesis of that. The NFL cares about money, period.

That looked really bad, girlfriend isn't a doctor but she's pretty close (she did stay at a holiday inn express) and described his stance as a "fencing posture" which indicates a very serious concussion and/or brain issue. Prayers up to Tua.

I'm going to go ahead and say the independent neurologists employed by the, what, 150 billion dollar industry... is not as "independent" as the public would like to believe.

Reaction Score

My back has definitely hurt and I've had trouble moving, but not with this reaction

Reaction Score
I don't know much about head trauma. I do know when a fighter is fencing like that with his hands after head trauma, there's a serious risk of someone literally dying or ending up a vegetable.

The more I see of these injuries, the more I wonder if sports like football and boxing are even worth it.
Football will probably be close to dead in a generation

Reaction Score
I'm going to go ahead and say the independent neurologists employed by the, what, 150 billion dollar industry... is not as "independent" as the public would like to believe.
I personally think the dolphins are being wrongfully vilified in this situation. If the NFL neurologist say he’s fine, & he says he is fine, idk what else the team is expected to do. This is more of an NFL issue IMO than anything.

It is interesting though that if a fighter had this happen it’s like an auto 90 day suspension, meanwhile football just has them clear a “protocol”

Reaction Score
I personally think the dolphins are being wrongfully vilified in this situation. If the NFL neurologist say he’s fine, & he says he is fine, idk what else the team is expected to do. This is more of an NFL issue IMO than anything.

It is interesting though that if a fighter had this happen it’s like an auto 90 day suspension, meanwhile football just has them clear a “protocol”

I'm assuming the docs are hired by the league and not the team? If so, yeah... it's a league issue.

Reaction Score

There is plenty of culpability to go around in this. The neurologist isn't making this determination in a vacuum, they're making it with players and coaches swearing the player is fine and good to go back into the game (anyone who has played football knows this game) and the player probably knowing what he needs to do to try to beat the tests. The second everyone saw Tua stumble like that, coaches, neurologist and everyone should have immediately called it and held him out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom