Tremont Waters | Page 43 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's honestly shocking to me that our fan base wants to compete with the relevant programs for titles most years but then still holds idealogies like this. If UConn ever hopes to win anything of value in the postseason, we will need to be able to convince a top 30 kid to sign up to compete with a nobody like Anderson. To say we will not get Tremont because of this commitment is basically the same as conceding that UConn will never be back in the title pickture. I've said this dozens of times but look at how our direct peers accumulate, and retain talent.

That's not really his point though. It's not just Anderson but Gilbert, Adams and Vital.

Reaction Score
There are four guards...we could use a swing to back up larrier and inside is a priority with so little experience and depth there right now....especially if any of them is foul prone.

Reaction Score
I may have posted some stupid stuff on the boneyard in the past, but I never knowingly posted something stupid, and now I'm about to: I am so over kids with overbearing fathers. They mess up chemistry. I want UConn to avoid these kids. I don't blame Tubby Smith at all. And, yes, I'm posting after yet another weekend of youth sports watching teams get sliced up by these Dads. Not worth it. The best kids on my kids team have silent Dads who don't need to fight for their kid's playing time. Take a lesson.

Reaction Score
I may have posted some stupid stuff on the boneyard in the past, but I never knowingly posted something stupid, and now I'm about too: I am so over kids with overbearing fathers. They mess up chemistry. And, yes, I'm posting after yet another weekend of youth sports watching teams get sliced up by these Dads. Not worth it. The best kids on my kids team have silent Dads who don't need to fight for their kid's playing time. Take a lesson.
This wasnt at all stupid. The most annoying thing is dads coaching from the bleachers or the couch. That doesnt make you a "good dad", its obnoxious. My father always taught me to respect authority(the coach) and that what the coach says goes. He would tell me if you wang to play more than get better PERIOD

Reaction Score
Think we dodge a bullet here. Don't want 2 CT high school POY transferring out in 2 yrs. He is a good player but too much me and my development above all. Do u ever think winning n academics were ever number 1. They r looking at Western kentucky crying out loud. Western Kentucky makes Louisville look like an ivy league school

Reaction Score
I may have posted some stupid stuff on the boneyard in the past, but I never knowingly posted something stupid, and now I'm about to: I am so over kids with overbearing fathers. They mess up chemistry. I want UConn to avoid these kids. I don't blame Tubby Smith at all. And, yes, I'm posting after yet another weekend of youth sports watching teams get sliced up by these Dads. Not worth it. The best kids on my kids team have silent Dads who don't need to fight for their kid's playing time. Take a lesson.

I coach youth football in the DMV that feeds the private HS in the area. Upstater, it's not just the dads. I have moms telling me thier kid should play quarterback or they might have to go somewhere else. I don't say this to them but it's what i'm thinking. "Don't let the door hit you in the...." you know the rest.

Reaction Score
Hearing UConn and waters are over or cooled off. Staff is focusing on big boys...

I'm OK with this. The big thing though is landing a big time guard next year like Jalen Carey, AJ Reeves, Immanuel Quickley, Luguentz Dort or Elijah Weaver. Get just one of those guys to fill Jalen's production should he leave after the season and it's no big deal to let Waters walk.

I obviously don't like CT talent not staying in the state but it is what it is.

Reaction Score
I'm OK with this. The big thing though is landing a big time guard next year like Jalen Carey, AJ Reeves, Immanuel Quickley, Luguentz Dort or Elijah Weaver. Get just one of those guys to fill Jalen's production should he leave after the season and it's no big deal to let Waters walk.

I obviously don't like CT talent not staying in the state but it is what it is.
After getting Anderson , tremont was a luxury. Love to have him, but not a need

Reaction Score
They need to hit on a top scoring guard next year. Jalen is taking so much attention from the D. This team needs a top 30-40 ranked scorer in the next recruiting class. AJ Reeves looks like a really good player, but honestly UConn needs to set their sights even higher.

Reaction Score
Would have been nice but from what I hear he wasn't ( him or his father) the type to take a backseat for a few years behind better pgs. The roster "needs" are bigs or swing forwards imo after getting Anderson.

C

Chief00

Big boys... big block shots big boys
If we can reel a good Big in, I am all for it. Some really good Bigs in the Jordan game last night. When you see these guys it makes you realize how much we are lacking at the 4 and 5 - if we try to go big.
Given our rooster - that's the biggest need but will always take guys who can shoot.

C

Chief00

Think we dodge a bullet here. Don't want 2 CT high school POY transferring out in 2 yrs. He is a good player but too much me and my development above all. Do u ever think winning n academics were ever number 1. They r looking at Western kentucky crying out loud. Western Kentucky makes Louisville look like an ivy league school

I think the Dad is doing what he thinks is best for his son. I wouldn't assume things; recruiting takes a lot of twists and turns and it's tough for a parent and teenager under any circumstance to always be on the same page. Do you really think the typical HS basketball player has any idea about the academics of W. Kentucky?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Retention has not been an issue at UConn - and don't look now but transferring may have become the thing to do now in college basketball
Yeah UConn lost 3 guys but as quickly as you call a brand new Husky a nobody, you classify all 3 who left as some type of proven talent as well as seemingly have determined the UConn program as now irrelevant
Based on your past posts, UConn is no longer among the top programs, due to KO, so just who are this programs peers?
Retention has absolutely been a problem at UConn. In fact retention issues under Calhoun were a big reason we got into APR trouble that cost us a season.

Reaction Score
I think the Dad is doing what he thinks is best for his son. I wouldn't assume things; recruiting takes a lot of twists and turns and it's tough for a parent and teenager under any circumstance to always be on the same page. Do you really think the typical HS basketball player has any idea about the academics of W. Kentucky?
He was always (at least claimed he was) looking to go to a highly rated academic institution. Duke, Stanford, gtown and even Yale early on were high on his list for a reason. I think he is very aware of how directional kentucky compares academically...not well.

Reaction Score
I guess I will be the first too admit that I am quite bummed out with this news. I do not understand how things can move so quickly in recruiting, but maybe it was never actually real.

Reaction Score
Would have loved to have him, but considering Gilbert is now essentially in this class, I understand any PG not wanting to come in now.

I guess Anderson will play mostly 2 this year, but a 2/3 wing in '18 is a necessity.

Reaction Score
If true, this is terrible news. Anyone pretending we dodged a bullet by missing on a top 40 PG in our own state is in denial.
Its not terrible news because he never WANTED to come here. Yea he flirted with the idea because we are UConn but if he didnt want to be here then i dont want him here. Saying we dodged a bullet means we saved ourselves a 2018 transfer. Would we have all been excited as hell for him to come here absolutely but with the addition of Antwoine Anderson he was no longer a NEED. If we hadnt signed a guard and tremont didnt choose us then itd be tragic. But if he doesnt want to be here im ready to move on and you should be to. Thers are plenty of talented kids who'd cherish putting on a Connecticut uniform so why cry over one who doesnt.
NEXT.

Reaction Score
This thread is nuts.. I could easily post my "source" says he's about to get DQ tonight them commit tomorrow and I'd get 20 responses. I wish we could sharpen up "fake news" on here but personally don't know how to do that other then please only post if it's actually legit. From this thread alone most sources shouldn't be claimed as sources

Reaction Score
This is classic BY behavior. Anyone pretending that Anderson is a good 4th guard and not a reach for UConn standards is being a homer. We wanted Waters bad and he didn't want us, end of story. Now we are focusing on bigs...what bigs??
Explain how he isnt a 4th guard in UConn standards but tsam was? He just as good a kromah

Reaction Score
I guess I will be the first too admit that I am quite bummed out with this news. I do not understand how things can move so quickly in recruiting, but maybe it was never actually real.
It was never real. Jalen is a future pro. AG, if healthy is a stud. There was no way Tremont was willing to play 3rd fiddle at UConn. Sure, the BY can fantasize about s 3 guard lineup, but tremonts Dad was never feeling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom