Tremont Waters (again) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just got in - that eighth letter is almost in place. Some UConn haters are already saying they were looking for cash - but if that's really the case - why sign with Georgetown in the first place?
Thanks chief ! This player is a foundational championship type kid. Forget the one and dones. Give me a high quality 5-10 pg who can dictate game flow. That's how uconn won chips

Reaction Score
Thanks chief ! This player is a foundational championship type kid. Forget the one and dones. Give me a high quality 5-10 pg who can dictate game flow. That's how UConn won chips

You want 5'10? We better keep looking! ;)

Reaction Score
We almost have the eighth letter - we're 87.5% of the way to good news. Or 12.5% of the way to terrible news.

I think.

It would be a miraculous turnaround if we landed Waters and then managed to get at least one of: Agau, Wilson, or Whaley. Throw in the Utah kid and we would actually somehow manage to be significantly better off than we would've been with no defections.

Crazy times. At least there seems to be a realistic chance for light at the end of the tunnel, which didnt seem possible a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Time to reel this one in Chill........

GrouperGIF.gif

Reaction Score
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer or whatever, and if we get Waters and the G'Town transfer I'll totally be okay but.. Do we need Waters? I mean this board LOVES Vital, which I personally think is insane. IMO he's the 4th guard right now. Add Waters and he's the 5th. That's a LOT of guards to begin, I understand we play 3 guards, but these are very undersized guards. I guess my point is that why would Waters come here with this guard depth chart? (Even if he's better than Vital)

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I don't want to be a Debbie Downer or whatever, and if we get Waters and the G'Town transfer I'll totally be okay but.. Do we need Waters? I mean this board LOVES Vital, which I personally think is insane. IMO he's the 4th guard right now. Add Waters and he's the 5th. That's a LOT of guards to begin, I understand we play 3 guards, but these are very undersized guards. I guess my point is that why would Waters come here with this guard depth chart? (Even if he's better than Vital)
We have nine players, so yes we need him.
We have no recruits rated inside the top 100, so yes we need him.
We haven't gotten the top Connecticut recruit since Olander, so yes we need him.
We have four guards, one of whom has suffered catastrophic injury two of the last four times he's played competitive basketball, so yes we need him.

Also, five guards is not "a lot." It's standard to carry that many, though we'll be at least a touch unusual with four who are probably primarily PGs, and none who are swingmen.

Who cares, though? He's a top 40 recruit, and we have open scholarships. We have never, in the history of the program, been a position to turn down a kid like that.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
We have nine players, so yes we need him.
We have no recruits rated inside the top 100, so yes we need him.
We haven't gotten the top Connecticut recruit since Olander, so yes we need him.
We have four guards, one of whom has suffered catastrophic injury two of the last four times he's played competitive basketball, so yes we need him.

Also, five guards is not "a lot." It's standard to carry that many, though we'll be at least a touch unusual with four who are probably primarily PGs, and none who are swingmen.

Who cares, though? He's a top 40 recruit, and we have open scholarships. We have never, in the history of the program, been a position to turn down a kid like that.
And, he is a top-notch outside shooter, which is the 2nd biggest need for this team. And he is further building for the future, as he is unlikely to leave early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom