Tremont Waters (again) | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just when you think we're out, we get right back in...

The Huskies will remain in the hunt for another piece or two this spring, but the one name that keeps coming up is Tremont Waters, who was originally set to attend Georgetown in the fall. Last month, the top-50 guard backed off his pledge to the Big East program, and ever since things have been silent out of Waters’ camp.

What we do know is that UConn would love to add Waters, and thanks to its close proximity to the talented guard, Kevin Ollie’s program has to be perceived as a leader for him. Others including Western Kentucky and Creighton have been connected to Waters, but UConn may end up being the landing spot for the in-state recruit.

BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Twitter Tuesday: Top PG in 2018, Florida recruiting, Jordan Brown

Reaction Score
Hey I've always liked the kid from a talent perspective, I just hope that he has his head on straight and expects to earn PT. Hopefully Ollie will fully vet out him and his father if we are seriously considering add him to our team. But should everything check out, I welcome him with open arms, super talented and can only make our team that much better.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

On a more serious note, there's a chance he's just saying we aren't out rather than that he's heard something very recently about us and Waters. He didn't mention NC State and it looks like they're in on him now too.

It's likely just speculation - I don't plan on paying any attention until the kid comes out and announces where he's heading.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Such a weird saga with Tremont. Hopefully someone can ask around. First we hear it's possible that he comes and that there is mutual interest. Then, we hear it's his Dad who likes UConn and not him. Then, we hear we aren't even talking to him. Then, we hear that not only are talking to him but Coach Chill is the lead on the pursuit and somehow we are considered the "favorite". What a wild ride.

Reaction Score
At some point, something just makes too much sense. I don't care what else is going on, I can't see a kid from Connecticut going to Western Kentucky.
If it's truly between WKU and UConn then Storrs is a no-brainer for a 3 year type player. If he has 1 and done aspirations then who knows otherwise 3 years at WKU sounds like a nightmare.

Reaction Score
Picked up an NC St. crystal ball last week.

Anybody who's tuned in hearing anything?

Reaction Score
Remember Creighton can't have him because of Big East Rule.
Hadn't you heard that we're out on him though, no?
It's likely just speculation - I don't plan on paying any attention until the kid comes out and announces where he's heading.
Yeah, I'm not ready to bite here.

Reaction Score
Just when you think we're out, we get right back in...

The Huskies will remain in the hunt for another piece or two this spring, but the one name that keeps coming up is Tremont Waters, who was originally set to attend Georgetown in the fall. Last month, the top-50 guard backed off his pledge to the Big East program, and ever since things have been silent out of Waters’ camp.

What we do know is that UConn would love to add Waters, and thanks to its close proximity to the talented guard, Kevin Ollie’s program has to be perceived as a leader for him. Others including Western Kentucky and Creighton have been connected to Waters, but UConn may end up being the landing spot for the in-state recruit.

BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Twitter Tuesday: Top PG in 2018, Florida recruiting, Jordan Brown
This should not be difficult if it's between us, Western Kentucky and Creighton. What kind of schedule do those schools play compared to ours?

Reaction Score
If it's truly between WKU and UConn then Storrs is a no-brainer for a 3 year type player. If he has 1 and done aspirations then who knows otherwise 3 years at WKU sounds like a nightmare.
I agree, although WKU did land a top-10 2017 recruit in Mitchell Robinson, so who knows what's going on down there.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I'd certainly take him if he's truly interested. I don't really see why both sides wouldn't be interested. Seems like a no-brainer. UConn could use the good press. Waters could use the stage/program. I mean he would get PLENTY of playing time being the first player off the bench. Spelling JA, AG and CV. I really like the fit. He'd be starting by year 2. Again...seems like a no-brainer but we'll see.

Reaction Score
I agree, although WKU did land a top-10 2017 recruit in Mitchell Robinson, so who knows what's going on down there.
Yeah who knows .........WKU kind of makes sense for a top 10 guy who is maybe just looking to park himself for 9 months.....like those other kids who hang in Lexington for a couple semesters.

Not sure a under 6 foot PG like Waters realistically can think he will be 1 and done.........I do know of a school though where vertically challenged PG's have thrived historically ;)

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Picked up an NC St. crystal ball last week.

Anybody who's tuned in hearing anything?

It's pretty obvious to me (and others) that he doesn't want to come here. Like, really? NC State and KEVIN KEATTS is more appealing?

I'm not inclined to believe that report. But who knows.

Reaction Score
He never got the Duke offer he was looking for. I'm asking around heard Western Kentucky is probably where he'll end up. But who knows things changed

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I'm not trusting anything short of a commitment. But here's a question. It's May. How much longer does this go on? I suppose Drummond committed in the summer, but realistically, when does this end?

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Well if we were to land Tremont then I think it'd be a no brainer running a 3 guard offense with JA, AG, CV, TW, and AA. Plenty of playing time to go around and be able to get JA some rest here and there.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can't believed others are getting sucked in. He'd be at UConn already if he wanted to come to UConn.

I don't buy this argument. I test drove the car I bought 3 times, along with test driving another 15-20 cars. Some people simply want to check every option out before deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom