Tremont Waters (again) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yesterday, I took a shortcut past the new magnet school located on the UNH campus. For the first time, I noticed where Notre Dame is. I thought briefly of stopping in to ask Tremont what's going on, because I'd stopped following the lengthy thread some time before I stopped seeing it.

So here I am, reading this new thread and feeling the same way: if Tremont Waters wants to come to UConn to contribute to the Men's Basketball team and received a high quality education, I'm happy to welcome him and root for his success. If he doesn't want to come to UConn, then I wish him no ill will.

I'll check back again when the thread title changes or a new one emerges. Best wishes to all.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing they don't even care if the backup PG in this situation is as good because he'll never play.

So in that case, K would rather have a good student and practice player that doesn't care if he ever plays.

For that spot, a talented headache isn't worth as much as a less talented, no maintenance kid.

Just my two cents.
I'd agree with that, if there's even a 1% chance of Tremont scaring off Duval it's not worth the risk. Waters would get very few minutes his freshman year and they'd presumably recruit over him again next year, so not worth the risk of losing out on Duval

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't care what else is going on, ...
Geesh, either let us "what else is going on" or stop leaving these allusions to it. You are killing me with them.

Reaction Score
They just signed that scrub PG though. You think they think that Duval would be scared off by Tremont? I guess it's possible.
My guess is that Duke doesn't think he is a scrub and they were not enamored with a 5'8" PG.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
All signs point to Rutgers.
Loserville_Sign_360_259_90.jpg

pj

Reaction Score
I would think that after Duval decides there will be nothing further to delay Tremont's decision.

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean i'm kind of agnostic to him coming.

I think he'll be a good player. On one level, the whole deal just seems to make too much sense for both sides from a purely practical standpoint to not just go ahead and do. On the other hand, if he didn't come, I don't feel like i'd lose any sleep over it - and there's other guys you kind of don't want to lose out on in future recruiting classes that might not have any interest in coming if he's here.

One side of me says, come, we'd love to have you and we could really use you right now. Other side says, good player, but if we don't have him I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over it.

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean i'm kind of agnostic to him coming.

I think he'll be a good player. On one level, the whole deal just seems to make too much sense for both sides from a purely practical standpoint to not just go ahead and do. On the other hand, if he didn't come, I don't feel like i'd lose any sleep over it - and there's other guys you kind of don't want to lose out on in future recruiting classes that might not have any interest in coming if he's here.

One side of me says, come, we'd love to have you and we could really use you right now. Other side says, good player, but if we don't have him I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over it.
I just want this to end. If he comes, great, but it seems like we've been "a likely landing spot" on like 4 separate occasions only to learn we either aren't really recruiting him or he has not interest.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They just signed that scrub PG though. You think they think that Duval would be scared off by Tremont? I guess it's possible.

They didn't sign the scrub because they needed him during games - they signed him because they have 13 scholarships and really only play seven or eight guys.

With one and dones racing through there, it's actually a luxury to be able to sign a kid who will be there for four years running their scout team and playing mop up minutes. If nothing else, it'll give Coach K a familiar face to talk to every October.

Past that, they have no need for Waters. They can get someone better any time they feel a need.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It's likely just speculation - I don't plan on paying any attention until the kid comes out and announces where he's heading.

Come on this board lives on speculation. Why else would people come here to complain daily?

Reaction Score
They didn't sign the scrub because they needed him during games - they signed him because they have 13 scholarships and really only play seven or eight guys.

With one and dones racing through there, it's actually a luxury to be able to sign a kid who will be there for four years running their scout team and playing mop up minutes. If nothing else, it'll give Coach K a familiar face to talk to every October.

Past that, they have no need for Waters. They can get someone better any time they feel a need.
Bingo.

Reaction Score
A month ago multiple aau ppl in new haven i asked said they all thought it was UConn. Then it got quiet, like really quiet. I dont think anyone knows whats going on honestly

C

Chief00

Can't believe how many posters think UConn is currently in position to turn away a top 50 recruit.
You guys are over analyzing all this OZ BS when we lose a Guy we really wanted but act like we filter him out for some high minded reason.
It's a total no brainer to recruit and beg him to come here if that's what's needed.
To some extent that's been a drawback with take it or leave it Kevin - he has too much pride to beg a guy or even hard sell him.

Reaction Score
I'll take Tremont in a second and whatever daddy issues come with him. If we are seriously recruiting him (and I pray we are) I'm only worried about NC State.

Reaction Score
There is a ton of talk swirling around him. I agree with whoever said most of it is speculation if not all of it.

Reaction Score
There is a ton of talk swirling around him. I agree with whoever said most of it is speculation if not all of it.
Are we still actively pursuing him?

Reaction Score
I don't blame the kid for wanting playing time early. He is very good. It makes sense that he has that confidence in himself.

But, people will hold his height against him.

That being said, UConn is the only school I know of that has proven it can play two short PGs together and win (Napier and Boatright).

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Can't believe how many posters think UConn is currently in position to turn away a top 50 recruit.
You guys are over analyzing all this OZ BS when we lose a Guy we really wanted but act like we filter him out for some high minded reason.
It's a total no brainer to recruit and offer a player the opportunity to come here if that's what's needed.
To some extent that's been a drawback with take it or leave it Kevin - he has too much pride to beg a guy or even hard sell him.
FIFY
Beggars can't be choosers. And if you're begging a player, who really has the upper hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom