Tremont Waters (again) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
You can only enter the draft and pull your name out once so by not doing that this year he reserves his right to do it next year.

I thought they made it where you could do that every year if you wanted. Did they change that back again?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Loserville_Sign_360_259_90.jpg

@Deepster 's reply:

Loserville_Sign_360_259_90.jpg

Reaction Score
Waters has repeated grades twice and will be coming in at age 20. He'll probably want to start earning pro money before age 24.

Tremont is age 19 and won't be age 20 until next January. He reclassified back a year when he went to South Kent, which a lot of Prep School kids do. He probably could have reclassified back into the 2016 class, if he wanted to. Jalen Adams turned 20 in the Fall of his Freshmen year & we've had many other players start their college careers at age 19.

C

Chief00

don't know what??

that duke didn't just take an unranked guard who had no major offers??

that Tremont is entertaining offers from w Kentucky and Creighton??

there's no opinion there. its real Chief

and ill stand by my stance that NO single player is bigger than this program

You don't know how Tremont is treating UConn.

Reaction Score
We may sign him by default. Heard there are serious talks

With how last season went I will take it. We can worry about what players are "right" when we'be had a 30 win, final 4 type season.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I hope he comes to UConn, but this wait stinks, in plain English.

Tremont come to Point Guard U and look at those who came before you.
Darius Smith???

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I am shocked that some people are looking sideways at this.

If you can get the 30th-rated player in the country on your team, by god, you say yes and you be happy about it.

He chose Georgetown the first time around. UConn chose MAL the first time around. So what - lots of second marriages work out perfectly well.

Reaction Score
I will be thrilled if he comes here. With that said, if the last year has taught us anythimg it's that it is not in the bag until he or anyone else shows up on campus. From Diallo to Diarra the sequel to MAL, it's enough to give us recruiting ptsd. I am tempering excitement as a defense mechanism. We have been toyed with one too many times!

C

Chief00

If you can get the 30th-rated player in the country on your team, by god, you say yes and you be happy about it.

He chose Georgetown the first time around. UConn chose MAL the first time around. So what - lots of second marriages work out perfectly well.

Quite frankly, I agree. One thing we learned from last season is that you can't have enough good players - and given everything that's happened the last two months that's probably an understatement.
Waters can play.
In addition to the on court stuff, we need a psychological momentum swing - and this would be a major help.
We need more guys not just satisfied wearing the UConn uniform and getting that way, but guys who really want to win games - who have that hunger Bazz talked about. True, back then JC was closer to the team and he was always planting seeds and pushing buttons to motivate the guys - but we still need to generate that hunger today.

C

Chief00

This has got to be your cheesiest of schticks, but it's oddly satisfying to me. Not because you are any insider at all, but your numbers are a reflection of likely reality... because real insiders info you steal
LOL - who am I stealing from? Oz? That's like having a teacher accuse you of cheating off someone on a math test but you have the highest grade in the class - so who would you be "stealing" answers from - not the guy with the 45% average.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He could be the answer to a big need for a pure shooter and a very skilled and talented all-around player. The competition in practice could be really good...good for Vital as well to have to play against two super-quick guards in practice every day. Not to mention Jalen.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

I agree with you for the most part.

But I do understand people worrying if this situation doesn't become Vance Jackson part 2.

Not saying I agree, but I can certainly understand that concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom