Transfer thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Saw the Destiny Slocum transfer this morning while watching Get Up. Does she have any idea where she wants to be? Two successful programs, two transfers.
Having spent 3 years at OSU under Rueck, I’m really surprised Slocum is looking to go elsewhere for her last year of eligibility. As a grad transfer, there are a lot of programs that would certainly be interested. Oregon, ND & Baylor all will be looking for a pg next season. Although, quite frankly, I have never really considered Slocum to be a pg. She is much more effective as a shooting guard.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Having spent 3 years at OSU under Rueck, I’m really surprised Slocum is looking to go elsewhere for her last year of eligibility. As a grad transfer, there are a lot of programs that would certainly be interested. Oregon, ND & Baylor all will be looking for a pg next season. Although, quite frankly, I have never really considered Slocum to be a pg. She is much more effective as a shooting guard.

I think she’s going to go somewhere that allows her to play exactly the kind of basketball she wants to play. It’ll not surprise me in the least if she ends up closer to home and puts up absolutely monster numbers next season on a lesser team where she can run the show.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Saw the Destiny Slocum transfer this morning while watching Get Up. Does she have any idea where she wants to be? Two successful programs, two transfers.
Destiny is clearly confused. She is eligible to be drafted by WNBA and has 4 days remaining to make herself 2020 WNBA eligible. South Carolina might make some sense in her third go around since she played fairly well for Dawn at USA basketball a few years back.

Reaction Score
When she transferred from Maryland, her parents came out and said she was super homesick, and would be considering any program west of the Mississippi. She had also visited Arkansas (she committed to UW w/ Neighbors before committing to Maryland, but that also wasn’t what she was looking for) and UCLA. Slocum then said it wasn’t homesickness, but Maryland wasn’t the right fit.

“Slocum now feels "relief" that she's found her next college destination. She also stresses she did not transfer because her mother is ill ("she is completely healthy") or because she was homesick ("if my ideal school that I liked was across the world, I would go").”

UCLA did just lose Dean, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Close reaches out a third time.

Reaction Score
At 5'7" and having an effective handle, she really has to play point guard at the next level. OSU had Goodman to fill in as a backup and would move Pivec to the point on ocassion to create shots for her teammates with her drive and kick ability.

In the right system, Slocum can elevate a team next season.

Reaction Score
Destiny is clearly confused. She is eligible to be drafted by WNBA and has 4 days remaining to make herself 2020 WNBA eligible. South Carolina might make some sense in her third go around since she played fairly well for Dawn at USA basketball a few years back.
I don't think so. As an OSU fan, I watched her spend three school years in Corvallis and earn All-PAC-12 honors in both of the two seasons that she played there. The OSU offensive system didn't help her WNBA prospects, so she is seeking a program that will allow her more opportunity to be creative and showcase the skills that may allow her to make a WNBA roster.

OSU now must find an effective point guard for next season.

Reaction Score
Destiny's draft stock has dropped this season and there's at least 5 other PGs that would be taken before her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't think so. As an OSU fan, I watched her spend three school years in Corvallis and earn All-PAC-12 honors in both of the two seasons that she played there. The OSU offensive system didn't help her WNBA prospects, so she is seeking a program that will allow her more opportunity to be creative and showcase the skills that may allow her to make a WNBA roster. OSU now must find an effective point guard for next season.
:eek:Seems to me that Destiny had that and more in the form of better teammates when she played at the University of Maryland.

Reaction Score

On paper she'd Theoretically help almost anyone, but can't say that she fits a real need at South Carolina.

She and Cooke are fairly similar players. I'm not sure they'd play great together and Henderson has waited her turn at point.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Destiny's draft stock has dropped this season and there's at least 5 other PGs that would be taken before her.
I would argue that the top 3 pg’s in Slocum’s class are Ionescu, Harris & Crystal, all of whom carry an A/TO ratio well above 2. Slocum, who has an A/TO ratio slightly below 2, is at her best when she is 1 on 1 in isolation as a scorer. In such situations she is not as effective finding teammates and getting them the ball.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
On paper she'd Theoretically help almost anyone, but can't say that she fits a real need at South Carolina.
She and Cooke are fairly similar players. I'm not sure they'd play great together and Henderson has waited her turn at point.
You are probably right. I forgot that Littleton becomes eligible next season, that girl is gonna need her shots.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I would argue that the top 3 pg’s in Slocum’s class are Ionescu, Harris & Crystal, all of whom carry an A/TO ratio well above 2. Slocum, who has an A/TO ratio slightly below 2, is at her best when she is 1 on 1 in isolation as a scorer. In such situations she is not as effective finding teammates and getting them the ball.
Against UConn in a close game, Brenda told her to go out and play street ball and she almost brought Maryland back in that game. So, yes, I agree that she is better as a 1 on 1 isolation scorer.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
When she transferred from Maryland, her parents came out and said she was super homesick, and would be considering any program west of the Mississippi. She had also visited Arkansas (she committed to UW w/ Neighbors before committing to Maryland, but that also wasn’t what she was looking for) and UCLA. Slocum then said it wasn’t homesickness, but Maryland wasn’t the right fit.

“Slocum now feels "relief" that she's found her next college destination. She also stresses she did not transfer because her mother is ill ("she is completely healthy") or because she was homesick ("if my ideal school that I liked was across the world, I would go").”

UCLA did just lose Dean, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Close reaches out a third time.
She would be a very good fit for the UCLA system, which is at its best when it has multiple credible off-dribble threats to the basket. She just needs to develop the ability to drive to the basket but then pass back outside to teammates waiting to take open threes.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She would be a very good fit for the UCLA system, which is at its best when it has multiple credible off-dribble threats to the basket. She just needs to develop the ability to drive to the basket but then pass back outside to teammates waiting to take open threes.
I always thought Slocum's game thrives best in a free-wheeling system like Maryland's as opposed to a structured, patterned system like Oregon State's. UCLA would seem like the best combination of the right system fit combined with the greatest immediate need (Japreece Dean graduates, no obvious heir apparent).

Reaction Score
:eek:Seems to me that Destiny had that and more in the form of better teammates when she played at the University of Maryland.
Ask yourself why Maryland loses more than its share of quality players to transfer. It wasn't a minutes or system issue when Slocum played for Brenda.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Per Geno talking with Rebecca saying approached Transfer and he will know something next month.
But Texas fired coach what about Collier now?
Since Collier has not put her name in the transfer portal, Geno is not able to approach her at this point in time. If he approached anyone, I would expect it would be Austin.

Reaction Score
I think the TX transfers will come soon and hopefully Charlie. They are probably processing the situation right now so over the next week or so I expect some movement with TX players.

Reaction Score
Chennedy Carter while is she isn't true PG, draft stock is higher than Slocum, and Te'a Cooper would probably be drafted ahead of Slocum too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Per Geno talking with Rebecca saying approached Transfer and he will know something next month.
But Texas fired coach what about Collier now?

They technically did not fire her. They just did not renew her contract. I think there is a difference.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think the TX transfers will come soon and hopefully Charlie.
Not happening, people.

Collier may or may not transfer, but it won't be to UConn.

Some myths die hard. This one is right up there with "maybe Megan changes her mind and comes back for her senior year".

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
They technically did not fire her. They just did not renew her contract. I think there is a difference.
Yes. Texas gets of cheap. They don’t have to pay her a buyout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom