Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

Reaction Score
Texas Tech Lyndsey Whilby, 5-11 FR guard to PURDUE
DePaul Deja Cage (8.4 mpg /4.3 ppg), 5-8 SO guard to OLE MISS

Reaction Score
weird. The tweet seems to have been deleted, which makes me wonder if it was related to the twitter password security problem.

It claimed that Aja Ellison was transferring from MD to TAMU... which seemed odd.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
no surprise there although how many players on the team for next year...14?
That makes a roster maximum of 15 scholarship players for next season. Senior class will have five now.

Reaction Score
TAMU should ban her for life from ever standing foot on their campus again..... and they should put her diploma in the mail.

upload_2018-5-6_20-21-37.jpeg

Reaction Score
not sure why a Duke fan is so upset.

I can't believe someone who said to be "an Aggie for life" can now become a Longhorn. That just does not compute in the state of Texas. It's like Michigan/Michigan State, or worse.

Reaction Score
I can't believe someone who said to be "an Aggie for life" can now become a Longhorn. That just does not compute in the state of Texas. It's like Michigan/Michigan State, or worse.

I think it's more like Michigan/Ohio St.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
If she had grown up in Texas and was part of an Aggie family, it would be tough for her to transfer to Texas. But, she is from New Mexico; and, has never played against Texas to fully participate/revel in the rivalry.

Sometimes, you make a business decision, and other factors become secondary and inconsequential.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Let me remind you....Tx had 10 McDAA's last year and they struggled to play as a team. As of now, they will have a team of 15 good players for next year, however, they still have the same coach. I wouldn't worry about them.
Okay, skilledup. Don't let your Baylor bias get in way of things. Maybe when Baylor lives up to their NCAA tourney seed you'll have room to talk trash. Until then, Regular Season Kim has her own shortcomings to fix.

Reaction Score
Surprised she chose Texas! A roster of 15. I feel she would have gotten more playing time at UCONN. Next year in my opinion is going to be a season we haven’t seen in a long time. It’s going to be a struggle against the top teams. Not a lot of depth .. can’t afford injuries and the front court is going to be a issue. I predict losses to Texas Baylor and Notre Dame. Maybe drop another but conference play will be a walk in the park like always. Howard will go to South Carolina. Azura and the player from down under really hurt the huskies in terms of front court depth.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
not sure why a Duke fan is so upset.

Im not upset, its just the principle of it. I guess since TAMU bolted for the SEC.. the rivalry has come to a grinding halt. Just curious how your fellow Aggie fans feel about it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Surprised she chose Texas! A roster of 15. I feel she would have gotten more playing time at UCONN. Next year in my opinion is going to be a season we haven’t seen in a long time. It’s going to be a struggle against the top teams. Not a lot of depth .. can’t afford injuries and the front court is going to be a issue. I predict losses to Texas Baylor and Notre Dame. Maybe drop another but conference play will be a walk in the park like always. Howard will go to South Carolina. Azura and the player from down under really hurt the huskies in terms of front court depth.
At UCONN she would have been competing with KLS, Crystal Dangerfield & Christyn Williams for minutes. I think she chose wisely.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I think it's more like Michigan/Ohio St.

Yes, that would be worse.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Okay, skilledup. Don't let your Baylor bias get in way of things. Maybe when Baylor lives up to their NCAA tourney seed you'll have room to talk trash. Until then, Regular Season Kim has her own shortcomings to fix.
Wish I could claim to be Skilledup, as I always appreciate his input. However, to start - I am female (Skilledup is a male). Second, I make my own opinions based off of what I see. Wasn't talking trash, just pointing out that KA has not proven herself to date. I was hoping she'd have a better year last year, as women's BB needs more competition, but that didn't happen. UTexas people surely are sensitive!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
At UCONN she would have been competing with KLS, Crystal Dangerfield & Christyn Williams for minutes. I think she chose wisely.
While I suspect UConn never offered Williams, I have to believe she would have had a better opportunity to play in Storrs than Austin. I’m not sure that Lou’s minutes will impact the minutes at the 2 guard, unless either ONO or Touly establish themselves as front court starters along with Pheesa & MW. While Crystal will almost never come off the court, Williams competition for PT would likely be Mikayla, if she’s got a clean bill of health, Molly and freshman CW.

At TX there are 5 returning guards including 3 who were part of the regular rotation along with 2 highly rated freshmen. Add in another highly rated freshman guard this coming year and minutes will be at a premium.

Ultimately, I believe this comes down to a difference in philosophy between Aston & Auriemma. Aston had an extra scholarship and figured what the hell, it’s just one more player? Geno had several extra scholarships and decided to stick with the players he had.

Reaction Score
Im not upset, its just the principle of it. I guess since TAMU bolted for the SEC.. the rivalry has come to a grinding halt. Just curious how your fellow Aggie fans feel about it.
It's a mix. There are many who share your feeling, although I haven't heard anything about banning her from campus. But plenty of slamming character and integrity and talk about selfishness. Others are saying we should treasure what she did for us while here and congratulate her on being academically solid enough to get her degree early.

Personally, I'm in between. Disappointed she chose to leave but I think this one is more understandable than Howard. Danni's FGA did go down last year vs her soph year. My superficial analysis was that this was more from 2 pt range vs behind the arc - she set an A&M record for 3s. Once she decided to leave, I think it's what @southie says. She grew up out of state as a Lady Vols fan. And while the more vocal fans still really hate Texas, it's not like the coaches care about indoctrinating the players to hate anyone we play. I suspect that's true of most coaches but especially of Blair, who thinks promoting WBB everywhere is important.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
While I suspect UConn never offered Williams, I have to believe she would have had a better opportunity to play in Storrs than Austin. I’m not sure that Lou’s minutes will impact the minutes at the 2 guard, unless either ONO or Touly establish themselves as front court starters along with Pheesa & MW. While Crystal will almost never come off the court, Williams competition for PT would likely be Mikayla, if she’s got a clean bill of health, Molly and freshman CW.

At TX there are 5 returning guards including 3 who were part of the regular rotation along with 2 highly rated freshmen. Add in another highly rated freshman guard this coming year and minutes will be at a premium.

Ultimately, I believe this comes down to a difference in philosophy between Aston & Auriemma. Aston had an extra scholarship and figured what the hell, it’s just one more player? Geno had several extra scholarships and decided to stick with the players he had.
If Texas plays the same offense as last season, Danni could be the starter at W/SF for the departed 5'11 Ariel Atkins. I'm guessing that is the position Coach Aston told Danni she would play, while also playing some at SG. We just don't have any small forwards with the ideal height or skill set (that I want). Conversely, that's where UConn is loaded. So, a 3-guard offense is basically what we play.

Danni can definitely help fill the 3-point shooting void with Brooke McCarty and Ariel Atkins moving on.

At SG, Texas does have senior 5'9 Lashann Higgs returning in a starting role. Sophomore 5'9 Destiny Littleton had an injury-filled freshman season; we'll see how she progresses this offseason. Incoming 5'8 Joanne Allen-Taylor wasn't highly ranked, but she did put up some big offensive numbers playing in the Houston area.

At W/SF, we have 5'11 junior Jada Underwood, but quickness is not her strong suit; has not played many minutes in her first two seasons. Incoming freshman 5'9 Audrey Warren is a known as a great long-range shooter, but not sure how quickly she will adjust to pace of the college game.

I saw some posts where A&M fans stated that Danni wasn't always able to guard the opponent's quick shooting guards. So, maybe she will be better defending small forwards even if she gives up some height.

Reaction Score
Donalddoowap and skilz do not think Texas has a good coach. Let me remind you that you only beat us by 4 points this year, and we were ahead the majority of the game. It's only a matter of time. (I expect Danni Williams to start. She fits a hole we need filling.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom