Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You’ve heard this numerous times on here. She isn’t the kind of kid we recruit. I’m not going to go over appearance or attitude on a kid but don’t be surprised when we aren’t in the top 5, it’s because we choose not to be.
I actually have NOT "heard this numerous times on here"- nor would i believe it if i read it here because the same things were said about Azura and Batouly. "Who is we?
"I’m not going to go over appearance or attitude on a kid" -But you just did!
UCONN recruits basketball players-She is a basketball player.

Reaction Score
FWIW I'm very good friends with Anriel's parents, (Richard & Chè Howard) and they both confirmed that if A&M wasn't the only school that allowed 2 sport athletics, her choice would have been SC.
Can you also confirm UConn isn’t on her list so we can move on talking about her on here? Haha

Reaction Score
You know this how?

because you know that no recruit ever turns down a UConn offer........if you want to win a championship you have to go to UConn.....................or ND...............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I actually have NOT "heard this numerous times on here"- nor would i believe it if i read it here because the same things were said about Azura and Batouly. "Who is we?
"I’m not going to go over appearance or attitude on a kid" -But you just did!
UCONN recruits basketball players-She is a basketball player.
For the record, I wish we would recruit her. I think she would help immensely.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
South Carolina one of 5 schools Anriel Howard is considering... my guess on the other four would be Miss St, Louisville, Texas A&M, and maybe Oregon or Georgia.

I think the 5 she's considering are in addition to A&M (which Coach Blair says she would be welcome to return).

Anyone else think it's odd that a graduate transfer could be allowed to take 5 official visits, and then decide to remain at the school she currently attends?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
FWIW I'm very good friends with Anriel's parents, (Richard & Chè Howard) and they both confirmed that if A&M wasn't the only school that allowed 2 sport athletics, her choice would have been SC.
Well, then, you should be able to ask them who the 5 schools are . . . :p

Reaction Score
I think the 5 she's considering are in addition to A&M (which Coach Blair says she would be welcome to return).

Anyone else think it's odd that a graduate transfer could be allowed to take 5 official visits, and then decide to remain at the school she currently attends?
So it’s like she’s getting a hall pass? ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Strange but made only possible because Texas A&M has given her a release and we are operating under the current transfer rules. More strange is that Texas A&M is not obligated to welcome her back if that what she decides to do.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
From the article

Elite SEC player has South Carolina among finalists for potential transfer

Che Howard declined to name the four other schools USC is competing against for Anriel's services, but she did say that of the five finalists, two advanced to the most recent Final Four on the NCAA tournament and two others, South Carolina being one, made it to the Sweet 16.

Notre Dame, Connecticut, Louisville and Mississippi State were this year's Final Four participants.

As for a timeline on Howard's decision, her mother said she would take official visits to all five schools first then choose soon after, "well before June."
below,

Pretty funny that the revelation is in the form of "clues" . Guessing she likes the south, Louisville and Mississippi State are 2 of her 5 with UConn / ND not on the list??

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Can you also confirm UConn isn’t on her list so we can move on talking about her on here? Haha
The way you are throwing the word "we" around (as if you were UCONN staff) I wouldn't think you would need any help confirming this.

Reaction Score
From the article

Che Howard declined to name the four other schools USC is competing against for Anriel's services, but she did say that of the five finalists, two advanced to the most recent Final Four on the NCAA tournament and two others, South Carolina being one, made it to the Sweet 16.

Notre Dame, Connecticut, Louisville and Mississippi State were this year's Final Four participants.

As for a timeline on Howard's decision, her mother said she would take official visits to all five schools first then choose soon after, "well before June."
below,

Pretty funny that the revelation is in the form of "clues" . Guessing she likes the south, Louisville and Mississippi State are 2 of her 5 with UConn / ND not on the list??
Very odd we are getting clues. My guess is that she needs to verify the teams on her list even want her before she names them. That would be embarrassing if she named a school that didn’t want her.

Reaction Score
The way you are throwing the word "we" around (as if you were UCONN staff) I would think you'd need any help confirming this.
No, but I’ve seen many posters refer to “we”. I think you just took my post personally so you’re choosing to single me out, which is fine. I don’t really post for your approval.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Yes, the safe bets are Louisville and Miss. State as the two contenders who were Final Four participants.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No, but I’ve seen many posters refer to “we”. I think you just took my post personally so you’re choosing to single me out, which is fine. I don’t really post for your approval.
Good thing. :oops:

Reaction Score

Can't confirm that. I only have inside info on SC's standing with her (she's very interested) but UCONN may very well be one of her candidates.

Reaction Score
Well, then, you should be able to ask them who the 5 schools are . . . :p

Well as much as I would like to spill the beans... there is really nothing to spill. From my understanding Anriel really wants to win a championship or at least compete for one. She also wants to go to a school that receives lots of media coverage (i.e. Big Monday Games, etc) and wants to start her broadcasting journalism career. Her parents are tight lipped about personal things, so there's really not much to say other then Anriel being close friends with Te'a Cooper and Alexis Jennings. She and Jennings played AAU together so she's familiar with a lot of the South Carolina players.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well as much as I would like to spill the beans... there is really nothing to spill. From my understanding Anriel really wants to win a championship or at least compete for one. She also wants to go to a school that receives lots of media coverage (i.e. Big Monday Games, etc) and wants to start her broadcasting journalism career. Her parents are tight lipped about personal things, so there's really not much to say other then Anriel being close friends with Te'a Cooper and Alexis Jennings. She and Jennings played AAU together so she's familiar with a lot of the South Carolina players.
So ESPN which is less than 50 miles from the UCONN main campus should work right?

Reaction Score

I'd certainly think South Carolina makes sense since she had such serious prior interest.............I doubt UConn is a serious consideration just because it's a big big move for just one year.........

Reaction Score

How does one run track and play wbb at the same time? Those schedules overlap pretty heavily.

I guess she didn’t do it long.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
How does one run track and play wbb at the same time? Those schedules overlap pretty heavily.

I guess she didn’t do it long.
The NCAA outdoor track season runs into June, so Howard had 3 months or so to compete in the triple jump, her one event.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom