Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
The Longhorn board is saying academics. This will be a good opportunity for her to get it together, figure out if she’s really ready for D1, and if she is, transfer back up in time for the following year..

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
This Longhorn fan says I wish the best for Rellah and I am sorry things did not work out at Texas. Rellah has very special talent and can be a joy to watch. I would be very sorry to see her fizzle out.

Same. Hope she doesn’t fizzle out....she’s one of the more unique players I’ve seen and I think with the right attitude and coaching she could become a really special player. Hope we see her at the D1 level again.

Reaction Score
Rellah Boothe and Geno.......................perfect together......................NOT!!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I hope that Boothe gets her act together, the JC/CC route has always been viewed as something of a dead end for men's players. That's not to say that some men's players don't make it back to D1 programs from JC's, it's just that it's highly unusual. The problem is that if the player did not have the discipline to buckle down academically with a big time coaching and support staff at a D1 program, it's far less likely that they will do so at a JC where resources are limited and it's basically all on the player.

Reaction Score
While I hope that Boothe gets her act together, the JC/CC route has always been viewed as something of a dead end for men's players. That's not to say that some men's players don't make it back to D1 programs from JC's, it's just that it's highly unusual. The problem is that if the player did not have the discipline to buckle down academically with a big time coaching and support staff at a D1 program, it's far less likely that they will do so at a JC where resources are limited and it's basically all on the player.

Sheryl Swoopes, Rita Williams, Shannon Bobbitt (TN), and a bunch of LaTech players have gone the JC route.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Sheryl Swoopes, Rita Williams, Shannon Bobbitt (TN), and a bunch of LaTech players have gone the JC route.
Not saying it's impossible, just unlikely, and none of the players you list were recent JC transfers.

Reaction Score
Same. Hope she doesn’t fizzle out....she’s one of the more unique players I’ve seen and I think with the right attitude and coaching she could become a really special player. Hope we see her at the D1 level again.
I may be wrong, however I think I remember her being the best player at the McD AA game. As was Shakayla? Thomas in the 2014 game in my opinion. Tea Cooper also looked good in the 2015 game as did Taylor Murray. What’s happened to Taylor Murray this year?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Not saying it's impossible, just unlikely, and none of the players you list were recent JC transfers.
And, I th0ught y0u were talking about being in D1, dropping down to JC for a year, and making it back to D1 successfully.

Reaction Score
Two recent JC transfers that were huge for their programs and WNBA 1st rounders were Kentucky post #3 pick in 2017 WNBA draft by Dallas Wings (someone help with her name). She saved KY coach the two years she was there.
Also, Fl State post 2016 #12 pick in 1st round (need help with the name)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Two recent JC transfers that were huge for their programs and WNBA 1st rounders were Kentucky post #3 pick in 2017 WNBA draft by Dallas Wings (someone help with her name). She saved KY coach the two years she was there.
No extra credit until you provide their names. :confused:

Reaction Score
Taylor Emery of Virginia Tech, all-ACC this year.
Didnt know Emery was JC. She is a player. Saw her in NIT champ game vs Indiana. Real deal.

Reaction Score

Akhator and Bulgak

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Taylor Emery of Virginia Tech, all-ACC this year.
And, I th0ught y0u were talking about being in D1, dropping down to JC for a year, and making it back to D1 successfully.
OK, so Gus really has it right. Can anyone name a player that started out at a D1, transferred out to a JC and then made it back to a D1?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
OK, so Gus really has it right. Can anyone name a player that started out at a D1, transferred out to a JC and then made it back to a D1?

Taylor Emery started out at Tulane.. Went to a Junior college in Florida .. Moved back up to VPI

Reaction Score
I just hope she doesn't become a Krystal Forthan. What an immense talent who transferred everywhere.

Reaction Score

Tough life. That's rough.

Though, I will say ... if you want to claim that you're "smart enough," you might want to make sure you don't have a bunch of grammatical and spelling errors.

Reaction Score
Would be a good pick up for any school

ACC, SEC ... Hmm, there is a B10 school right near home ...

Who could really use a guard? What's TX situation post-McCarty?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
ACC, SEC ... Hmm, there is a B10 school right near home ...

Who could really use a guard? What's TX situation post-McCarty?
There aren't a lot of schools who would turn down a senior guard who averaged 18 points in the SEC.

Texas has 2-3 ships open for next season. Pretty young guards overall, except for Sutton (jr.) and Higgs (sr.).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom