Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

Reaction Score
ACC, SEC ... Hmm, there is a B10 school right near home ...

Who could really use a guard? What's TX situation post-McCarty?

I doubt she goes to Texas though any thing is possible. She could stay in the SEC and Maryland does should sound appealing, but do they have room? It will be interesting to see which schools will be involved with her.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I doubt she goes to Texas though any thing is possible. She could stay in the SEC and Maryland does should sound appealing, but do they have room? It will be interesting to see which schools will be involved with her.
Miss. State loses William, Johnson, and Vivians. So, they could be an option.

Reaction Score

MD lose 2 guards from their 11-person roster this year and add 3.

Ah, Miss St is a good thought too.

Reaction Score

That actually sounds like a good option for her. Could be Vivians replacement at the 3. Miss St also has her former riverdale baptist teammate, Zion Campbell.

Reaction Score
That actually sounds like a good option for her. Could be Vivians replacement at the 3. Miss St also has her former riverdale baptist teammate, Zion Campbell.

I’m not sure whether LSU can block her from a in conference rival or would, but if so could be a problem.

That would be a very logical fit though.

Reaction Score

OTOH looking at State's roster, they had 14 scholarship players, and graduate 4. But they also bring in 4 recruits. I wonder if she wants a team where she'll be the first option and doesn't have to worry about competing for playing time.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I’m not sure whether LSU can block her from a in conference rival or would, but if so could be a problem.
Say what? Hasn't SC gotten transfers from Kentucky and Tennessee with no issues, and trying to get one from A&M?

Reaction Score
Say what? Hasn't SC gotten transfers from Kentucky and Tennessee with no issues, and trying to get one from A&M?

Yes, but Jackson will be considered a grad transfer so she can't be block by attending any school.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Yes; I know one thing, she's not transferring to SC as we will be quite guard heavy next season. I do think Anriel Howard will end up in Columbia, though.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
You can’t block grad transfers. They can go wherever they want basically.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yes; I know one thing, she's not transferring to SC as we will be quite guard heavy next season. I do think Anriel Howard will end up in Columbia, though.

Idk, apparently Geno suddenly wants her now.. which cuts whatever chances we had in half. The only thing worse would be if Kim Mulkey wanted her because then SC would have no shot. We don’t win recruiting battles versus Baylor.

I’m only a little salty this evening.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Well, there was this story a few years ago:

Phil Martelli Might Be Right ...
This is What St. Joe’s Folks Want You to Know About Todd O’Brien
Lawyer: Waiver OK'd if Hawks relent
What on Earth is Phil Martelli doing?
Todd O'Brien's last waiver appeal is denied
UAB Set to Honor Todd O'Brien

From memory, the kid wanted to play at UAB and get a grad degree in a subject that StJ didn't offer. There were also a few comments by Alyssa Auriemma re her brother and StJ. Not sure I've heard of a high profile women's grad transfer being denied though.

Reaction Score

From memory, the kid wanted to play at UAB and get a grad degree in a subject that StJ didn't offer. There were also a few comments by Alyssa Auriemma re her brother and StJ. Not sure I've heard of a high profile women's grad transfer being denied though.
Alabama tried to stop Daisha Simmons from transferring to Seton Hall a few years ago. Lots of bad publicity and she eventually prevailed.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Minor technically here regarding graduate transfers. Most scholarship agreement have a stipulation that a student athlete is allowed to take a "reasonable" amount of classes to graduate in 4 years. To get ahead of that schedule (taking extra classes) requires permission from the school. Keep in mind that Howard does not have her degree and will not until August. Most of the time it does not become an issue because only your best students have the capacity to take extra classes and graduate early. When you take extra classes with the specific intent of leaving early the University has the ability to say "extra classes are disapproved". The smart thing to do is don't state your intention until you have diploma in hand then as @SCGamecock said "They can go wherever they want basically".

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm the guy who predicted before she walked on the Texas campus that she would transfer after one year. For me, an easy call.
Don't hurt yourself. ;)

barry-horowitz-01.jpg

Reaction Score
Promise Taylor, 6’5” freshman post, has been given an unconditional release from Ole Miss (coaching change).

SEC All-Freshman Team, 2018:
Promise Taylor Named to SEC All-Freshman Team

She definitely showed a lot of "promise" this year.. if the right coach gets her watch out. @LOTRADER she would be the PERFECT fit next year for OSU. She's from Washington and has a ton of upside! I think Rueck could do a lot with her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She definitely showed a lot of "promise" this year.. if the right coach gets her watch out. @LOTRADER she would be the PERFECT fit next year for OSU. She's from Washington and has a ton of upside! I think Rueck could do a lot with her.
I read somewhere that her second choice coming out of HS was Oregon State so that might work out well.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Yes, but Jackson will be considered a grad transfer so she can't be block by attending any school.
Not sure that is accurate.

Last summer, the Notre Dame QB (Malik Zaire?) announced he was going to grad transfer; but, the ND coach put conditions on the release that he would not be allowed to transfer to any school on Notre Dame's 2017 football schedule.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom