Transfer Thread Pt 2..... | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Transfer Thread Pt 2.....

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Not even slightly surprised, I was expecting some player movement for them. Campisano and Giomi have been buried on the bench for 2 years and it's not gonna change anytime soon, will actually be worse next year for them.

Completely agree about Campisano. She was the last person off the bench most of this year and she hasn't been able to buy a basket when she's in. I have expected that she would transfer since early in the season.

Giomi's situation is a little more complicated, since she has been injury-plagued since arriving: a hand injury last year that led to her red-shirting and some sort of leg injury about 3/4 of the way through this season. She has some potential, but I don't see her getting serious minutes for another year (assuming she stays).

Reaction Score
Who are the top 10 2016 players as of now? Asking because I want to hear some thoughts lol

Reaction Score
Interesting to say the least. She was highly ranked out of high school and a pretty good 3pt shooter as well.

If you remember her from the USA U16 games, she was an earlier version of Chennedy Carter...........unlimited range but very, very streaky........many were surprised that she chose TCU in the first place.............I'm sure somebody good will give her a shot (Miss State, South Carolina, etc) but I doubt that UConn is interested............

Reaction Score
Who are the top 10 2016 players as of now? Asking because I want to hear some thoughts lol

1. Sabrina Ionescu
2. Lauren Cox
3. Ruthy Hebard
4. Jackie Young
5. Kaila Charles
6. Tiana Mangakhia
7. Crystal Dangerfield
8. Tyasha Harris
9. Joyner Holmes
10. Leaonna Odom

Reaction Score
If you remember her from the USA U16 games, she was an earlier version of Chennedy Carter......unlimited range but very, very streaky...many were surprised that she chose TCU in the first place...I'm sure somebody good will give her a shot (Miss State, South Carolina, etc) but I doubt that UConn is interested..

Also remembering her light it up in the McAA game versus Ionescu. Not sure if she's a take for SC as we will be pretty guard heavy next year and considering a lot of G/W's for 2019. I can see her at Miss St. She and AEH will be eligible in 19/20 and will be a nightmare for opponents if they learn to play Vic's style of defense and bring their shooting prowess with them.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
1. Sabrina Ionescu
2. Lauren Cox
3. Ruthy Hebard
4. Jackie Young
5. Kaila Charles
6. Tiana Mangakhia
7. Crystal Dangerfield
8. Tyasha Harris
9. Joyner Holmes
10. Leaonna Odom
Great list. I'd make room ot the bottom of this list though for a couple of Ivy league players in Isabella Alarie at Princeton and Jeannie Boehm at Harvard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m confused. You believe rameriz and Sabrina are in same ballpark because of rankings? Why in the world if this is true would TCU not want a Sabrina to lead their team? Makes no sense if she was that caliber they wouldn’t use her.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Completely agree about Campisano. She was the last person off the bench most of this year and she hasn't been able to buy a basket when she's in. I have expected that she would transfer since early in the season.

Giomi's situation is a little more complicated, since she has been injury-plagued since arriving: a hand injury last year that led to her red-shirting and some sort of leg injury about 3/4 of the way through this season. She has some potential, but I don't see her getting serious minutes for another year (assuming she stays).

Giomi's minutes have been fairly limited when she has been healthy. Although already using a redshirt complicates trying to transfer, unless she waits until she's eligible to be a grad transfer.

4 post players in one class, it was not hard to predict that not everybody was gonna get PT.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
1. Sabrina Ionescu
2. Lauren Cox
3. Ruthy Hebard
4. Jackie Young
5. Kaila Charles
6. Tiana Mangakhia
7. Crystal Dangerfield
8. Tyasha Harris
9. Joyner Holmes
10. Leaonna Odom

No Slocum?
There are quite a few others I'd strongly consider putting ahead of Odom:

Kianna Ray, TCU
Hannah Whitish, Nebraska
Kathleen Doyle, Iowa
Dominique Oden, Purdue
Mikayla Pivec, Oregon State
Kat Tudor, Oregon State
Amber Melgoza, Washington

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Also remembering her light it up in the McAA game versus Ionescu. Not sure if she's a take for SC as we will be pretty guard heavy next year and considering a lot of G/W's for 2019. I can see her at Miss St. She and AEH will be eligible in 19/20 and will be a nightmare for opponents if they learn to play Vic's style of defense and bring their shooting prowess with them.

I believe Ionescu won both the mvp and sportsmanship awards that year--as well as set the scoring record--25 points, which may have been broken since then.

Reaction Score
I remember Sabrina and Ramirez both broke the previous scoring record in the AA games. I think that was mainly because the two of them were guarding each other.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Giomi's minutes have been fairly limited when she has been healthy. Although already using a redshirt complicates trying to transfer, unless she waits until she's eligible to be a grad transfer.

4 post players in one class, it was not hard to predict that not everybody was gonna get PT.

My sense is that Campisano has been an almost total disappointment, and I've never understood her Hoopgurlz ranking. (I think she was ranked around 150 by Prospects Nation, and that seems a more accurate reflection of what she's done so far.) Giomi was a "project" from the start--really quick and fast for her size, but also quite raw and, at this point, not nearly strong enough to hold her own in the paint.

Reaction Score
Imho, the transfer rule is optimal (1 yr off and still getting 4 years + practice year) balancing the needs of students leaving sub-optimal situations with the need to keep the core of teams intact to allow future recruitment planning. It is disingenuous to compare the freedom of student movement to coach movement since the latter occurs quite infrequently and if the transition is done properly, does not greatly affect the programs.

There are already procedures of appeal to deal with truly egregious cases in which case, students can transfer without any bench time.

I agree with you.

I've gotten so tired of the point of view that the players give everything and get nothing, but I guess that's neither here nor there.

I don't think a modest restriction on players transferring is a bad thing. It is a reasonable accommodation to schools that have after all made plans around players and given them benefits. And it makes players consider their decisions strongly before transferring, which I like.

I do think that the rule should be changed to eliminate any discretion a school might have in refusing to release a player. It should be a straight one year to sit out and the player should be permitted to go wherever they like. Even if is an arch rival.

I also really enjoy the grad transfer rule and would like to keep it unfettered. I'd actually consider removing the requirement that the transfer school offer unavailable programs. That isn't much of a obstacle now, but no real reason why it should be there.

Reaction Score
I agree with you.

I've gotten so tired of the point of view that the players give everything and get nothing, but I guess that's neither here nor there.

I don't think a modest restriction on players transferring is a bad thing. It is a reasonable accommodation to schools that have after all made plans around players and given them benefits. And it makes players consider their decisions strongly before transferring, which I like.

I do think that the rule should be changed to eliminate any discretion a school might have in refusing to release a player. It should be a straight one year to sit out and the player should be permitted to go wherever they like. Even if is an arch rival.

I also really enjoy the grad transfer rule and would like to keep it unfettered. I'd actually consider removing the requirement that the transfer school offer unavailable programs. That isn't much of a obstacle now, but no real reason why it should be there.

the NCAA is worried about potential law suites which if they lose would blow the whole transfer policy wide open...........they would rather fix it while they can as opposed to have a court ordered revision...........their lawyers say that having a minimum GPA requirement in order to transfer in the same year would be legal so that very well may be part of the new plan if it is adopted............

Reaction Score
South Carolina one of 5 schools Anriel Howard is considering... my guess on the other four would be Miss St, Louisville, Texas A&M, and maybe Oregon or Georgia.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
South Carolina one of 5 schools Anriel Howard is considering... my guess on the other four would be Miss St, Louisville, Texas A&M, and maybe Oregon or Georgia.

Oregon has a crowded front court. That would be an interesting choice.

Reaction Score
Oregon has a crowded front court. That would be an interesting choice.

I have a feeling a PAC-12 school is involved. A&M and Oregon faced off agaisnt each other a couple times this past season and Anriel did quite well. I'm not sure but I would think it would be Oregon before Oregon St.

Reaction Score
I think Dawn may be able to sell her on SC but I think she would step in nicely at Louisville with Hines-Allen leaving.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I have a feeling a PAC-12 school is involved. A&M and Oregon faced off agaisnt each other a couple times this past season and Anriel did quite well. I'm not sure but I would think it would be Oregon before Oregon St.

She certainly got a chance to see Oregon play this last season. I believe she stated she's looking for a team with a chance to win a Championship. Oregon is definitely on the rise and potentially a Championship contender. But at Oregon she'd be sharing minutes w/ Hebard, Sabally (maybe X2, we'll see how much the younger sister plays), Boley, Gildon and McGwire. Maybe Howard would jump over most of them for playing time, but I doubt Hebard and Satou are going to be displaced as starters (maybe Satou could slide to the 3).

Reaction Score
We aren’t getting her because our staff doesn’t want her. I think Dawn may be able to sell her on SC but I think she would step in nicely at Louisville with Hines-Allen leaving.

FWIW I'm very good friends with Anriel's parents, (Richard & Chè Howard) and they both confirmed that if A&M wasn't the only school that allowed 2 sport athletics, her choice would have been SC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom