Transfer Stats - Jackson, Durham & Enoch | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Transfer Stats - Jackson, Durham & Enoch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Louisville - Nicholls Takeaways
Louisville’s backcourt needs to make sure Steven Enoch stays involved offensively. Enoch was effective and efficient with his touches against Nicholls, making 3-4 field goal attempts, while getting to the free throw line nine times, making all of the attempts. Louisville was plus 21 when Enoch was on the floor, the highest plus-minus on the team. Enoch also made his presence felt on defense, grabbing six defensive boards and blocking a couple shots. Enoch's early season play provides optimism that the center position will be an upgrade for the Cardinals this season.

Reaction Score
Vance's dad was a pain in the arse, but at this point, I can't fault him for being up in arms.
Of course you can’t. You have a kid who has done everything right to get into a top D1 program and suddenly is no longer competitive? They have maxed out?
In the cases of some people, sure, they hit their ceilings in HS and that was the best they were ever going to do - but they likely didn’t wind up playing at UConn. UConn playing is a springboard to the next level.
You don’t play ball here and stop getting better. You just don’t.
And if your coach doesn’t tell you what you need to work on, just hit the gym, you’re not going to get better. Okay, so what do I need to do at the gym?
When you see Enoch hitting that many free throws when our team couldn’t hit a barn from the line last year... that would piss me off, too, if I were his dad. Like why don’t you have him shooting free throws or working on endurance or blocking shots???

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Stalking and calling him on his crap are two different things.
Pa-tae-to, Pa-ta-to.

Point is everyone here can self-assess poster credibility. We really don't need other posters to explain it to us, everyday, post after post.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Pa-tae-to, Pa-ta-to.

Point is everyone here can self-assess poster credibility. We really don't need other posters to explain it to us, everyday, post after post.

“The truth dies in the darkness”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“The truth dies in the darkness”
“A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small parcel.”
― John Ruskin

Reaction Score
When you see Enoch hitting that many free throws when our team couldn’t hit a barn from the line last year... that would piss me off, too, if I were his dad.

?? They shot 75% from the FT line last year. I think UConn has been typically a very good FT team over the years, one of the best in the country.

They sucked at rebounding in the last several years. FTs? That wasn't the problem.

C

Chief00

Louisville - Nicholls Takeaways
Louisville’s backcourt needs to make sure Steven Enoch stays involved offensively. Enoch was effective and efficient with his touches against Nicholls, making 3-4 field goal attempts, while getting to the free throw line nine times, making all of the attempts. Louisville was plus 21 when Enoch was on the floor, the highest plus-minus on the team. Enoch also made his presence felt on defense, grabbing six defensive boards and blocking a couple shots. Enoch's early season play provides optimism that the center position will be an upgrade for the Cardinals this season.
@tcf15 Thanks for the update. For you Enoch doubters, who thought Chief’s eye test was wrong, here you go! Enoch has the biggest plus/minus on the team. @polycom, please go back to your genius friends and try to find signs of a basketball IQ somewhere.

The foul shooting ability is another key asset for a Big. Steve has what one would call soft hands for a big. He catches well and the ball flows off his hands. It’s not New England bricklayers.

@polycom this is why you should leave this analysis to someone who actually understands the game, which certainly would exclude anyone you hang with. What you preceive as basketball truth is a hole of darkness. “Your truth” is your darkness. Bottom-line, you have no understanding of the game. Even for a casual fan - it’s poor.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Durham will be the one who got away.

Enoch ( flaws and all) we could’ve used on the current makeup of this team but Carlton improving could mitigate the longing for that.

Jackson? Meh.

Carlton has skills but doesn’t have Enoch strength. Strength is a great asset in the paint.

C

Chief00

What i remember and I saw his last game, was that he was put in as a second or 3rd option and got few if any entry passes. Our 25% 3 point shooters were 1st option. he had moves, we all saw those at various points in his UCONN career. It’s a dead horse I know but as he puts up numbers this year it’s going to revisit our board. He had a lot of bashers here.
So true. Our Bigs coaching was substandard since George left. Miller faked it and KO’s system disrespected Bigs.

Last edited by a moderator:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
@tcf15 Thanks for the update. For you Enoch doubters, who thought Chief’s eye test was wrong, here you go! Enoch has the biggest plus/minus on the team. @polycom, please go back to your genius friends and try to find signs of a basketball IQ somewhere.

The foul shooting ability is another key asset for a Big. Steve has what one would call soft hands for a big. He catches well and the ball flows off his hands. It’s not New England bricklayers.

@polycom this is why you should leave this analysis to someone who actually understands the game, which certainly would exclude anyone you hang with. What you preceive as basketball truth is a hole of darkness. “Your truth” is your darkness. Bottom-line, you have no understanding of the game. Even for a casual fan - it’s poor.

Please point to a post where I said Enoch sucks? Then show me a post where I said my source thinks Enoch sucks?

However, I can certainly find many posts of you straight up making stuff up. Don’t @ me again you liar.

Reaction Score

You mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro