Transfer Stats - Jackson, Durham & Enoch | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Transfer Stats - Jackson, Durham & Enoch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Carlton , Cobb and Yakwe +Diarra, Williams, Polley And Whalley is not close to bad for a guard Oriented team. We’ll be fine

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Carlton , Cobb and Yakwe +Diarra, Williams, Polley And Whalley is not close to bad for a guard Oriented team. We’ll be fine
But it's also not close to good... at least until Yakwe and Diarra are fully healthy and integrated.
But our backcourt will make up for a lot of our front court deficiencies.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
But it's also not close to good... at least until Yakwe and Diarra are fully healthy and integrated.
But our backcourt will make up for a lot of our front court deficiencies.
It remains to be seen. The true test is how they do against better competition.

Reaction Score
I miss... none of them? Happy to be wrong about any of them, honestly. Good for any of them who become a semi-useful part of whatever program they're at - but they were cooked here. Minus Jackson - who's Dad was nuts and I'm sure made more nuts having to deal with Ollie.

Reaction Score
I was in Athens, GA this past weekend for the Auburn vs UGA football game, and decided to stop in for the second half of their first regular season basketball game on campus. Some of you may remember William "Turtle" Jackson, a former UConn commit from the 2015 class. He started for UGA as a pg, has solid handles and played a sort of "old man" game. Did not have great explosiveness, but had good handle and vision. He played 23 mins with 5 pts, 6 rbs, 4 asts, 1 stl. Solid game against a quick, 3 point shooting Savannah State team.

You guys may also remember the player we got that caused Turtle to decommit and head to Georgia. A player named Jalen Adams. Think we turned out ok in that trade.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was in Athens, GA this past weekend for the Auburn vs UGA football game, and decided to stop in for the second half of their first regular season game. Some of you may remember William "Turtle" Jackson, a former UConn commit from the 2015 class. He started for UGA as a pg, has solid handles and played a sort of "old man" game. Did not have great explosiveness, but had good handle and vision. He played 23 mins with 5 pts, 6 rbs, 4 asts, 1 stl. Solid game against a quick, 3 point shooting Savannah State team.

You guys may also remember the player we got that caused Turtle to decommit and head to Georgia. A player named Jalen Adams. Think we turned out ok in that trade.
Back when our recruiting class was a turtle and a prince.

Reaction Score
?? They shot 75% from the FT line last year. I think UConn has been typically a very good FT team over the years, one of the best in the country.

They sucked at rebounding in the last several years. FTs? That wasn't the problem.
In 2014 we set a tourney record for FTs at 87.9%. That’s a big difference. It felt like there was a huge drop off from then and the last two years - it was hyperbolic, yes, but we definitely weren’t anywhere near as productive. And we’re much better this year already.

Reaction Score
Enoch had 3 fouls in 13 minutes against Southern yesterday. The players in the ACC r all drooling to pad their offense stats when SE is in. Vance Jackson in 2 games made like 8 shots and 6 of them r 3 pointers. HE is the same player now then e was at UCONN. The one yr away did not change much

Reaction Score
Enoch had 3 fouls in 13 minutes against Southern yesterday. The players in the ACC r all drooling to pad their offense stats when SE is in. Vance Jackson in 2 games made like 8 shots and 6 of them r 3 pointers. HE is the same player now then e was at UCONN. The one yr away did not change much
Lol he also had 13 points, 4 rebounds and 1 block in those 13 minutes.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the input, Kevin.

Reaction Score
Lol he also had 13 points, 4 rebounds and 1 block in those 13 minutes.
It was against Southern. They score over 100 points. Enoch is the same guy. IF i m the coach, I will do te same pick n roll against Enoch. HE cannot defend and will foul out after 10 minutes.

Reaction Score
Interesting that Durham did not play in ND’s loss to Radford tonight.

xclamations

Back2Back2
Reaction Score
Durham against UIC whoever that is. Stats against Div 2 teams don't count for much but it will be interesting to see how these 3 will perform. Still think Durham is the only one who may be a loss for us.

University of Illinois Chicago. They're in the horizon league, d1

C

Chief00

Please point to a post where I said Enoch sucks? Then show me a post where I said my source thinks Enoch sucks?

However, I can certainly find many posts of you straight up making stuff up. Don’t @ me again you liar.

You trashed Steve in several posts , said he couldn’t defend or keep up with the speed of the game. Translated, he sucks.

C

Chief00

It was against Southern. They score over 100 points. Enoch is the same guy. IF i m the coach, I will do te same pick n roll against Enoch. HE cannot defend and will foul out after 10 minutes.

You are fighting a losing battle because Enoch will put up numbers this season. As for effectiveness his plus minus had been very high before the last game.

Reaction Score
We would rather have Tarin for 1 year vs Akinjo for 4?
Akinjo for 4 would be most obvious. However, I don't think we can discount Tarins leadership. We could've gotten any other grad transfer that averaged 12 points a game but I think Tarin provides a bit of leadership that was lacking last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Dan Hurley can pick grad transfers as good as Tarin, I’m all for it. I’d decided against the strategy with KO in charge. We were always a disjointed mess and even when we had Shonn Miller, he was underutilized.

Reaction Score
You are fighting a losing battle because Enoch will put up numbers this season. As for effectiveness his plus minus had been very high before the last game.
No doubt he will put up some offense numbers. The other teams in the ACC wil score alot more with him on the court. He is instant offense for the other team. I played in a charity tournement several yrs ago in the hall of fame for the national kidney foundation. Our team stunk it up until some slow center for the other team (now a D1 center) check into the game. We drove everytime to the basket and it was either a layup or a free throw against him. Even the player's father who was the referee on that game can't resist the foul calls. We won the game because of his lack of defense. This will be Steve Enoch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom