Transfer Stats - Jackson, Durham & Enoch | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Transfer Stats - Jackson, Durham & Enoch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You are fighting a losing battle because Enoch will put up numbers this season. As for effectiveness his plus minus had been very high before the last game.

Individual plus minus for one game or a small handful is a stat that should never be discussed. Even when the teams are even. When they're not... lol.

C

Chief00

No doubt he will put up some offense numbers. The other teams in the ACC wil score alot more with him on the court. He is instant offense for the other team. I played in a charity tournement several yrs ago in the hall of fame for the national kidney foundation. Our team stunk it up until some slow center for the other team (now a D1 center) check into the game. We drove everytime to the basket and it was either a layup or a free throw against him. Even the player's father who was the referee on that game can't resist the foul calls. We won the game because of his lack of defense. This will be Steve Enoch

I guess, we will see. Sure he has some of the flaws you described but Chief thinks you are overstating. Aka “ Misunderestimate”

Reaction Score
Enoch vs. Vermont (W, 86-78)
26 minutes, 14 points (6-8 FG), 3 rebounds, 3 fouls

James Akinjo vs. LMU (L, 65-52)
31 minutes, 10 points (3-11 FG), 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 6 turnovers

Emmitt Matthews vs. Western KY (L, 63-57)
DNP

C

Chief00

I think a fresh start helped him. It was obvious it wasn’t working out here. Can’t say I miss him but he’s playing better than I expected and I wish him the best of luck
No problem, that’s why Chief is here to break it down and project outcomes based on talent and openness to good coaching.

Reaction Score
There were too many times to count the last few years where I was begging and pleading our guys to dunk on someones face. Instead our guys would softly try to put a lay in up, and often times miss it. Regardless of Ollie and his short falls, I’m pretty certain he and his staff were not actively telling guys to not be aggressive on putting the ball in the hoop. Wherever Steve Enoch got that aggressiveness from good on him. Looks like what we all thought he shoulda been here.

Reaction Score
I think a fresh start helped him. It was obvious it wasn’t working out here. Can’t say I miss him but he’s playing better than I expected and I wish him the best of luck

He's also older. That always helps. 4th year in college ball. Remember Hilton his freshman year? If anyone had told us that Hilton would become a lottery pick back then, they would have been laughed off the Boneyard.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He's also older. That always helps. 4th year in college ball. Remember Hilton his freshman year? If anyone had told us that Hilton would become a lottery pick back then, they would have been laughed off the Boneyard.
Always said that in a perfect world, Enoch would've done a fifth year of prep, then redshirted a year.

Oh well. World hasn't been perfect around here for a good long while.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You people are delusional. 3 rebounds against Vermont? That is exactly what he would have done here. Unproductive players with attitude problems are what got us here, yet some have trouble falling into the nostalgia trap.

Reaction Score
I had a similar thought, “what got into Rodney Purvis?” watching him light up the G league, after consistently underachieving and losing games at UConn . Clearly the common thread is a non KO coached offense

This right here. No one could have possibly imagined Rodney actually playing some games in the nba while he was playing here.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Ollie got the floor out of everyone he coached the last four years. It’s because he’s a really bad coach.
I've come to the realization that the difference between his first two year and the remainder of his tenure is simple.
BAZZ.
Bazz brought the energy.
Bazz brought the tenacity.
Bazz brought everything.
KO watched.

Reaction Score
Ollie got the floor out of everyone he coached the last four years. It’s because he’s a really bad coach.

I wouldn't say EVERYONE. Maybe only one guy really improved: Boatright. He was a really good player, and he improved. Not many others did.

pj

Reaction Score
He did OK with the point guards, but no other position. That's why he could still recruit an Akinjo, a PG who wanted to play for a black coach, but nobody else.

Reaction Score
He did OK with the point guards, but no other position. That's why he could still recruit an Akinjo, a PG who wanted to play for a black coach, but nobody else.

You're making this assumption because he verballed to UConn then Georgetown? Come on. Please.

He was so under ranked and under recruited. But look at his recruitment history. Took officials to schools, coaching visits, unofficials. There was no color barrier.

I'd also toss Phil Nolan in the mix as improving but that's not saying much I guess. Nonetheless, Napier and Boatright did improve, a lot.

Reaction Score
Boat
Daniels
Giffey

I can't think of anyone else.

Nolan, Napier.

Look, it's perfectly fine to say Ollie blew it big time after the NC.

But he did a great coaching job the NC year.

I've said this before but, you're going to look long and hard to find a NC winner with only one NBA player on it. Very difficult to do. That was maybe the least talented NC winner in decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom