Transfer Stats - Jackson, Durham & Enoch | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Transfer Stats - Jackson, Durham & Enoch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I saw him in the Hartford Pro-Am in 2015. This was the summer before UCONN, he was on Amida's team back them. Enoch was terrible, slow and could not keep up with the pace of the game. He has the body but has no quickness or instincts. This cannot be taught, you can remedy it by practicing sets over and over again. Steve Enoch was never a hard worker. Instead of going back for more competition in the Hartford Pro-Am against professionals in 2016. He went on to play for teh Armenian Junior team. He them went on to train with his female cousin who owned a gym in Atlanta. It was a waste of a summer for him. KO expects all his players to be self motivated like himself and that was KO's downfall.
KO expects everyone to be self-motivated except for himself. Please go away KO.

Reaction Score
Mediocrity did NOT suit them just fine. That's why they transferred. You could argue these three were starving for developmental help.

It's not about the jersey, it's about the coach. And KO was woeful at player development.
It's amazing how people still don't understand this. If KO was out and Hurley was in at that time, they don't transfer. All these kids wanted is to be developed and it sure as hell wasn't going to happen with Ollie.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's amazing how people still don't understand this. If KO was out and Hurley was in at that time, they don't transfer. All these kids wanted is to be developed and it sure as hell wasn't going to happen with Ollie.

Vance's dad was a pain in the arse, but at this point, I can't fault him for being up in arms.

Reaction Score
Enoch
15 Points 8 Rebounds 3-4 FG 9-9 FT in 24 minutes

Wow this surprises me. I always root for guys who wore the UConn jersey but I just thought he’d barely have an impact at Louisville. Good for him, a CT kid, let’s see if he can keep it up

BUT

Enoch has NBA talent.

This is going overboard. Enoch’s style of center doesn’t really fly in the NBA anymore. He’s a true center, a dying breed. The pace of the NBA would also be too much for him

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Durham will be the one who got away.

Enoch ( flaws and all) we could’ve used on the current makeup of this team but Carlton improving could mitigate the longing for that.

Jackson? Meh.

Reaction Score
Enoch
15 Points 8 Rebounds 3-4 FG 9-9 FT in 24 minutes
OK so I go to ESPN and the highlight clip is of Enoch, but with a big time block at the rim. This is like a stone in my shoe.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Here context is so important. Enoch’s feet weren’t slow - he was slow to mentally process Glen Miller’s complicated junk zones and confusing man principles. Therefore, he looked slow to many.

Your hate for Glenn Miller reads like it's personal yet, you don't know him at all. Everything you post about UConn basketball is made up.

C

Chief00

Your hate for Glenn Miller reads like it's personal yet, you don't know him at all. Everything you post about UConn basketball is made up.
Get over it - we have a real Bigs Coach now.

Reaction Score
Wow this surprises me. I always root for guys who wore the UConn jersey but I just thought he’d barely have an impact at Louisville. Good for him, a CT kid, let’s see if he can keep it up

BUT

This is going overboard. Enoch’s style of center doesn’t really fly in the NBA anymore. He’s a true center, a dying breed. The pace of the NBA would also be too much for him
You still can't teach size and skills and Enoch always had them. If can play a lick of defense he will have a legit chance at the NBA. Also, don't be surprised if he can shoot outside as he showed it off when he was playing on that national team.

I think losing Enoch and Jackson hurts. I think Durham I'm not as high on as he doesn't seem to have much of an offensive game and still not sure he will stand up health wise over a season.

polycom

Reaction Score
Get over it - we have a real Bigs Coach now.

Haha. K Chief. Just know everything you post is a lie, at least tell these people you are making things up and have no idea what you're talking about as you've showed many times.

Reaction Score
always thought Steve was just a late developer. Could we use him? Sure but Carlton showed me enough that says he’ll have the better college career. And with Enoch gone Josh gets all those minutes accelerating his development. Plus the loss of those 3 transfers had a big impact on bringing Hurley here. In the moment I felt they betrayed the team but with time and knowledge I now understand it was best for them to move on. No regrets. We got #4 with KO and now we have the most energetic coach in the country.

Reaction Score
You still can't teach size and skills and Enoch always had them. If can play a lick of defense he will have a legit chance at the NBA. Also, don't be surprised if he can shoot outside as he showed it off when he was playing on that national team.

I think losing Enoch and Jackson hurts. I think Durham I'm not as high on as he doesn't seem to have much of an offensive game and still not sure he will stand up health wise over a season.

We have just about opposite views on this one. I honestly never thought Enoch was overly skilled. He had a decent low post hook but several times he air balled bunnies. He also looked lost several times, both on offense and defense. I think Durham is the one we will miss the most. Enoch didn’t show me enough in 2 years to say that we’ll miss him and Jackson, while decent, seemed more about himself than the team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Haha. K Chief. Just know everything you post is a lie, at least tell these people you are making things up and have no idea what you're talking about as you've showed many times.
Just curious. Do actually post about anything other than Chating? Kind of doesn't seem like it lately but I may have missed it.

Reaction Score
We have just about opposite views on this one. I honestly never thought Enoch was overly skilled. He had a decent low post hook but several times he air balled bunnies. He also looked lost several times, both on offense and defense. I think Durham is the one we will miss the most. Enoch didn’t show me enough in 2 years to say that we’ll miss him and Jackson, while decent, seemed more about himself than the team.
Guys, for this season we will miss Enoch and Durham. This isn't any secret, our frontcourt is incredibly weak. This will change next season though.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Also, don't be surprised if he can shoot outside as he showed it off when he was playing on that national team.
If I remember correctly the country was Ubeki-beki-beki-stan-stan.

polycom

Reaction Score
Just curious. Do actually post about anything other than Chating? Kind of doesn't seem like it lately but I may have missed it.
I do but I'm a big time hater of chief these days...since talking to a few people who have confirmed basically everything he posts here is false.

CL82

Reaction Score
I do but I'm a big time hater of chief these days...since talking to a few people who have confirmed basically everything he posts here is false.
Kind of seems like a reason to ignore him, not to stalk him, no?

Reaction Score
He had more than a low post hook and he had a good dropped step move. The problem was he wasn't finishing near the rim at all his last season here. I still think defense especially how to position himself was his biggest issue while here. I think with a competent coaching staff this will get corrected. I really never saw much from Durham besides length and potential. Unfortunately he never showed much of it when he was on the floor. He looked very soft and only going half-speed but that could have been due to his injury history. I just don't see a polished enough offensive player to have an impact there. I think he will have a bigger impact on the defensive side of the ball with his length.

CL82

Reaction Score
Putting him on ignore changes nothing.
Sure it does. You won't see his posts and won't get annoyed so you won't feel the need to comment about them. The rest of us get spared the back and forth.

Believe me, we're all big boys here. We can evaluate posters credibility on our own.

Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69