Transfer Stats - Jackson, Durham & Enoch | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Transfer Stats - Jackson, Durham & Enoch

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Really? You're going to pretend we can judge anything by virtue of how he performed in exhibition games against those two schools?
Ok - check back with me in 6 games. Just providing the first snippets of evidence. After all, there is a reason they play exhibition games. Most coaches would say it is an indicator. Agree, not conclusive but part of the mosaic.
Anyway, never bet against Chief’s eye test.

Reaction Score
Yeah, not sure what happened with either of those guys but they were both guys I wanted to. Thought for sure we'd pay for not getting Beatty as a backup to Diallo.
Ok - check back with me in 6 games. Just providing the first snippets of evidence. After all, there is a reason they play exhibition games. Most coaches would say it is an indicator. Agree, not conclusive but part of the mosaic.
Anyway, never bet against Chief’s eye test.
I was a Enoch fan until he left but he was raw .
He was certainly big and strong with a nice soft touch, but needed to work on his foot movement .
Playing for the European team where he shot threes was a wasted summer .
He needed to work on his footwork at a Big Man’s Camp
You play defense with your feet. Many big guys get away with leaning in against smaller prep competition. In college it’s a personal foul. He just couldn’t stay on the floor long enough to contribute much.
Wasn’t Miller our Big Man’s coach?

Reaction Score
Kisunas had 2 points & 1 rebound in 5 minutes, Jaiden Delaire had 8 points and 5 rebounds in 26 minutes.

Check out @StanfordMBB’s Tweet:

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
The University of Illinois-Chicago is a Division I school, a member of the Horizon League.

Pretty sure they made a run in a third rate postseason tournament last year.

Reaction Score
You guys are torturing yourselves. Enoch, Jackson, Durham are all good ball players and will develop beyond what we saw under Ollie because of 1) coaching, and 2) maturation. We all saw flashes of their potential. They and/or their handlers were also smart enough jump ship after dealing with Ollie’s issues. Season-long posting of stats from these guys is useless. Hopefullly a strong start to UConn’s season will negate the “what if’s”

pj

Reaction Score
You guys are torturing yourselves. Enoch, Jackson, Durham are all good ball players and will develop beyond what we saw under Ollie because of 1) coaching, and 2) maturation. We all saw flashes of their potential. They and/or their handlers were also smart enough jump ship after dealing with Ollie’s issues. Season-long posting of stats from these guys is useless. Hopefullly a strong start to UConn’s season will negate the “what if’s”

They are good talents, and Enoch and Durham are better than the guys who replaced them ... but not as good the guys we hope will commit soon. I won't mind seeing Sid Wilson and Brendan Adams take Vance Jackson's minutes. I look forward to the day Akok and Kofi take the minutes Durham and Enoch could have had.

Reaction Score
I look forward to the day Akok and Kofi take the minutes Durham and Enoch could have had.
Neither would have taken Enoch's minutes since he would have graduated before they got to UConn.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Kisunas had 2 points & 1 rebound in 5 minutes, Jaiden Delaire had 8 points and 5 rebounds in 26 minutes.

Check out @StanfordMBB’s Tweet:

I was on that months ago. Pssh.

C

Chief00

Yes, Miller was responsible for that position coaching malfeasance.

C

Chief00

I was never a fan of Enoch, thought he played matador defense, never knew where to be. At least as a Soph, I didn't think he was better than what we had last year, and if you count his offense, he may have been worse (i.e. he had trouble scoring).

Here context is so important. Enoch’s feet weren’t slow - he was slow to mentally process Glen Miller’s complicated junk zones and confusing man principles. Therefore, he looked slow to many.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I understand why people are looking at these once Huskies but it doesn't do any good to look back, just forward.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I understand why people are looking at these once Huskies but it doesn't do any good to look back, just forward.
I needs my Vance Jackson reports.

1541649652607.jpeg

Reaction Score
These three with the pace Hurley is running.....I don't think so. There was plenty of opportunity for minutes with some talent but mostly with effort. Heck, the team was starving for leaders.
If transferring was the answer, and mediocrity suits you just fine, then you were wearing the wrong jersey to start with.

“Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and players in other little groups. Winners assemble as a team.” – Emlen Tunnell

Reaction Score
Yes, Miller was responsible for that position coaching malfeasance.
What i remember and I saw his last game, was that he was put in as a second or 3rd option and got few if any entry passes. Our 25% 3 point shooters were 1st option. he had moves, we all saw those at various points in his UCONN career. It’s a dead horse I know but as he puts up numbers this year it’s going to revisit our board. He had a lot of bashers here.

Reaction Score
Only saw Enoch once live and was at Tulane where UConn almost blew a 20 something point lead and the one year player from Seton Hall saved our bacon by making a couple of shots near the end. Enoch didn't play much but was completely confused on defense and seemed to be in the way (Hamilton had ball a lot) on offense.
Biggest memory of that game was couldn't believe Enoch looked so lost out there. Had the anti-Brimah body and looked like he should have been a load to play against, but wasn't.
Basketball is not that hard to figure out, I would defy Miller to come up with a plan on offense or defense that would make Enoch look so inept on the court.
Sure Enoch could make a startling improvement, being as bad as he was his two years at UConn was on him.

Reaction Score
Here context is so important. Enoch’s feet weren’t slow - he was slow to mentally process Glen Miller’s complicated junk zones and confusing man principles. Therefore, he looked slow to many.

I'm sorry but there are no M2M principles so confusing that one should look as lost as Enoch did. He was often late or missed the most basic of rotations. Basketball strategy is not rocket science. The kid has poor instincts and no anticipation ability and the speed of the game, even against mid or low-majors, always seemed to bother him.

Reaction Score
Only saw Enoch once live and was at Tulane where UConn almost blew a 20 something point lead and the one year player from Seton Hall saved our bacon by making a couple of shots near the end. Enoch didn't play much but was completely confused on defense and seemed to be in the way (Hamilton had ball a lot) on offense.
Biggest memory of that game was couldn't believe Enoch looked so lost out there. Had the anti-Brimah body and looked like he should have been a load to play against, but wasn't.
Basketball is not that hard to figure out, I would defy Miller to come up with a plan on offense or defense that would make Enoch look so inept on the court.
Sure Enoch could make a startling improvement, being as bad as he was his two years at UConn was on him.
I saw him in the Hartford Pro-Am in 2015. This was the summer before UCONN, he was on Amida's team back them. Enoch was terrible, slow and could not keep up with the pace of the game. He has the body but has no quickness or instincts. This cannot be taught, you can remedy it by practicing sets over and over again. Steve Enoch was never a hard worker. Instead of going back for more competition in the Hartford Pro-Am against professionals in 2016. He went on to play for teh Armenian Junior team. He them went on to train with his female cousin who owned a gym in Atlanta. It was a waste of a summer for him. KO expects all his players to be self motivated like himself and that was KO's downfall.

C

Chief00

I saw him in the Hartford Pro-Am in 2015. This was the summer before UCONN, he was on Amida's team back them. Enoch was terrible, slow and could not keep up with the pace of the game. He has the body but has no quickness or instincts. This cannot be taught, you can remedy it by practicing sets over and over again. Steve Enoch was never a hard worker. Instead of going back for more competition in the Hartford Pro-Am against professionals in 2016. He went on to play for teh Armenian Junior team. He them went on to train with his female cousin who owned a gym in Atlanta. It was a waste of a summer for him. KO expects all his players to be self motivated like himself and that was KO's downfall.

Steve Enoch will have a good college career in the ACC. Some of your criticisms were valid but change does happen especially with young Bigs. Kwintin Williams is also slow on rotations and behind the speed of the game mentally, but that doesn’t mean he’s a bad athlete.
Enoch has a big strong body and good hands - he will make his share of shots and grab his share of rebounds. Unfortunately, he did not have better college position coaching and someone who could light a fire under him in a positive way.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
These three with the pace Hurley is running.....I don't think so. There was plenty of opportunity for minutes with some talent but mostly with effort. Heck, the team was starving for leaders.
If transferring was the answer, and mediocrity suits you just fine, then you were wearing the wrong jersey to start with.

Mediocrity did NOT suit them just fine. That's why they transferred. You could argue these three were starving for developmental help.

It's not about the jersey, it's about the coach. And KO was woeful at player development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom