Transfer Portal | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tyler Beard out of Georgetown just hit the portal. Anyone have any information on him? Believe his a true PG. Was a freshman but seemed to get decent minutes at GTown. Might not be enough to be a starter but a potential backup?
Should not be an option here. The whole team was a disaster, but he was the worst of them

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t be surprised if the kid we end up with is one of those in the portal out of the portal kids where the deal is already set when he jumps in. Working behind the scenes through kimani and Luke’s connections now so we aren’t fighting too big a battle with a bunch of schools.
There seem to be a ton of rumors flying around about our coaching staff being all but locked in with a point guard that hasn't been announced yet

Reaction Score
There seem to be a ton of rumors flying around about our coaching staff being all but locked in with a point guard that hasn't been announced yet
please point me in this direction
61YxvHNDEQL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Reaction Score
Scoring PG Alert

Ohio’s Mark Sears. 6’1 185 w/ three years eligibility.

19.7p, 6r, 4.1a, 3.2 to, 1.7s. Career 47.8 2p%, 37.9 3p% (about 30% shots at 3pa) 87.6 ft%. 6.7 fta last year (32nd nationally).

Stats show a bucket-getting three-level scorer who can attack the rim.
Definitely someone to reach out to.

Reaction Score
The good thing about losing both Cole and Diggins is that we can recruit guys who will be sure that they can come here and get a ton of minutes. With plenty of other top level teams that may not be a given.
That may actually be a big deal. PT means everything to these kids.

Reaction Score
There was a thread the other day about how having two bona fide lead guards in your backcourt is a recipe for success in the Tourney and I listed the backcourts for all of our great teams showing that they all had 2 guys with real playmaking skills.
That was a great thread, wasn't it? ;)

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
If I am Posh, I’m so disgusted that St Johns reached out that I’d immediately enter the portal and come to Storrs
Posh could get it rolling here.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
As much as Nova turns my stomach, they always have 5 offensive weapons on the floor. We certainly can testify to that based on the semis outcome. We dared their least potential threats to beat us and they did.

Let's begin to recruit with an eye towards talent that Hurley can and must develop into multi-dimensional and positional threats on the floor. I mean this is UCONN, let's take this blip in time and go get some dawgs.

Reaction Score
What percentage of commitments happen before a kid even reaches the portal?

Reaction Score
Thursday Morning Portal Reflection

A new day, a new opinion.

We still MUST acquire a top PG transfer option, however, for that other PG spot, I am open to filling that other spot with a '22 decommit or a younger transfer with 2-3 years of eligibility remaining.

Just spitballin' here, but Marist's Jao Ituka is one of those young transfers (four years of eligibility remaining) that is intriguing: strong 6'1 196 frame, 15.3 ppg, good shooting ratio (54.4 2p%, 41 3p% (but only 1.4 attempts/game), 76.8 ft% at 5.1 attempts/game (87th in the nation), All-MAAC 2nd team...

Here's an article about Jordan Hawkins and Jao Ituka's relationship:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...b0b74c-37d2-11e9-854a-7a14d7fec96a_story.html

@husky429, what's your read on Desmond Claude? According to Jerry Meyer, his profile is enticing and bringing in a 6'5 PG into the mix with Jackson and Floyd next year ,and then Castle the year after, provides the team with big distributors, a type of versatility that is intriguing for sure.

Claude was never offered by UConn before, so I don't know if this would have legs anyways if he happens to decommit. Would Claude feel sour considering that UConn never offered him prior to signing with Xavier? Personally, he has all the right to feel that way, if that's how he feels.

Also, what's the deal with Avery Brown? Is he worth an offer?

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If Hurley isn't telling guys that 40 minutes at PG are available, he's crazy.
He should be telling the PGs that, and telling the wings that Jackson may play some at the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom