Transfer Portal | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe Antonio Reeves is their #1 guy. At least I hope he is
Reeves is a tough guy to get, however. Has heard from the likes of Duke, Ohio State, Alabama, Wisconsin, LSU, Florida State, Texas Tech, Memphis, Xavier, Oklahoma, Kentucky, and North Carolina. Those are the significant ones, but oh man, if we could land him I'm all for it.

Reaction Score
Reeves and Newton would be a great haul. Would see a starting lineup of Newton, Reeves, Hawkins, Jackson, Sanogo. With Floyd, Karaban, Akok/Johnson, Clingan off the bench. I like that
This is a fun tool at Bart Torvik’s website.

RosterCast for Connecticut - Customizable College Basketball Tempo Free Stats - T-Rank.

Oddly enough, we don’t project any better with Newton and Reeves. Keep in mind that it’s too early for next season’s projections, especially since nobody’s roster is set. I obviously believe those two would improve our roster. The other weird thing is that there are players like Akok who project to have a perhaps unrealistically high offensive rating. I see where it comes from, since he had a great 3-point shooting percentage and a low turnover rate. I just don’t think it’s safe to assume he’d maintain those rates with more playing time and/or a higher usage rate. Still, it’s neat to play around with the site.

Attachments

• E3F5A5A0-9638-4441-AC02-9F38FB96AF40.jpeg
    E3F5A5A0-9638-4441-AC02-9F38FB96AF40.jpeg
    1,012.9 KB · Views: 146
Reaction Score
The other thing I need to keep reminding myself is that there will inevitably be more transfers in the portal. The players we eventually land might not even be in the portal yet. It’s almost foolish to get too attached to any player, yet here I am checking this thread multiple times a day.

Reaction Score
AJax is not a starting point guard on a competitive tournament team. He can’t shoot or drive to the hoop and score. All of a sudden that’s going to change in a summer? Have ya seem his floater.. LMAFO
I can’t believe this is a consideration. This is UConn I would like to think that this fan base is familiar with what a real point guard is with our history.
Floater looked pretty darn good towards the end of the season. If you don't think he will approve on his dribble drive scoring and his shooting then you don't know AJax

Reaction Score
Most teams would kill for a trio of Sanogo, AJax and Hawkins to build around. We will be fine. All three of them do unique things, and Hawkins is legit a confidence boost a a little handle away from being the focal point of the offense.

This whole exercise is a rorschach test of how posters deal with uncertainty generally. Would not want to work with some of you.

Reaction Score
This is what i am hearing.. all energy is on a true pg with an outside shot.. pass 1st and control. Looking everywhere... portal, Europe, Jr college
Should we be expecting anymore outward portal movement?

Reaction Score

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Let's get crazy with some of these Europeans like Arizona does. They always seem to have a couple really good ones
I mean... we used to go overseas with regularity. Hits and misses.

Doron Sheffer, Gilad Katz, Uri Cohen-Mintz, Niels Giffey, Leon Tolksdorf, Nadav Henefeld, Justin Brown. There's gotta be more I'm forgetting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
In a moment of horror, Verbal Commits posted on Twitter that Castle is recommitting from UConn. Then his mom jumped on and said it was not true. Her tweet was a retweet and is now deleted.

Reaction Score
In a moment of horror, Verbal Commits posted on Twitter that Castle is recommitting from UConn. Then his mom jumped on and said it was not true. Her tweet was a retweet and is now deleted.
I really hate those fake accounts

Reaction Score
His dad*
But yea, fake acct. also tweeted Whitmore & Clingan decommited

Reaction Score
I mean... we used to go overseas with regularity. Hits and misses.

Doron Sheffer, Gilad Katz, Uri Cohen-Mintz, Niels Giffey, Leon Tolksdorf, Nadav Henefeld, Justin Brown. There's gotta be more I'm forgetting.
Ruslan Inyatkin, Marc Suhr, Enosch Wolf to name a few...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
When did "recruiting over" someone become a taboo thing? Calhoun recruited over everyone.

Any player who doesn't want to play with the best and/or is worried about competition isn't a player I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom