Transfer Portal | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He has to say that or you strike out with every transfer.
but in this case it should be clear to everyone. Hurley wants to play a four guard lineup with sanogo so we need two more starting quality Gs to plug in with hawkins and jackson. floyd is not going from RS to starter.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Jackson will be a much better playmaker on offense with at least one other guard who is a real threat to do the same.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson.
AJax is not a starting point guard on a competitive tournament team. He can’t shoot or drive to the hoop and score. All of a sudden that’s going to change in a summer? Have ya seem his floater.. LMAFO
I can’t believe this is a consideration. This is UConn I would like to think that this fan base is familiar with what a real point guard is with our history.

Reaction Score
AJax is not a starting point guard on a competitive tournament team. He can’t shoot or drive to the hoop and score. All of a sudden that’s going to change in a summer? Have ya seem his floater.. LMAFO
I can’t believe this is a consideration. This is UConn I would like to think that this fan base is familiar with what a real point guard is with our history.
Agreed. The last thing we need is a point guard with a high dribble. He should be catching lobs, not tossing them up.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I agree with you guys it isn’t a good plan but that’s the reality of it…

Jackson pretty much played PG last year and he will next year.

Reaction Score
It was a joke.

And not for nothing, but Hurley saw a future for Jalen yesterday, didn’t he? Sounds like he saw a future for Diggins, too, but neither kid wanted to be here anymore.

But I am told it is fine, so it’s fine.
I mean Hurley stated he and Akok were at a crossroads yesterday. That's about as much as a coach can say "I think he might transfer" without outwardly stating it. As much as all of you would love Hurley to get out and jettison any player to the media that he doesn't have a plan for, that is not the reality we live in.
Hurley needs to keep that relationship working because we need to all realize that Gaffney is entering the portal, he is not signed elsewhere. That door to return is still open, and Hurley saying he has no plan for him to the media before he makes his decision would ruin any shot at returning he has left.

Reaction Score
It was a joke.

And not for nothing, but Hurley saw a future for Jalen yesterday, didn’t he? Sounds like he saw a future for Diggins, too, but neither kid wanted to be here anymore.

But I am told it is fine, so it’s fine.
You are who most consider the Calhoun of the Boneyard. It pains me to disagree with you. Why so negative lately?

Reaction Score
Was Hurley supposed to say that he sees no future for those guys? Let's not pretend we know how the end of season player meetings went.

It has been 24 hours since Hurley stated Gaffney (and Akok) were at a crossroads but that doesn't fit the narrative for another dumb take of his.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
So what high major impact transfer wants to come here to play second fiddle to Andre Jackson?

And what mid major impact transfer wants to come here and be told Andre Jackson/Floyd/Hawkins are the starting guards?

It’s going to be difficult to recruit great players for bench rolls.

If Hurley isn't telling guys that 40 minutes at PG are available, he's crazy.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Didn’t hawk play with recent Xavier decommit tyrell ward?

Pick up the phone hawk lol
I would love Ward. He really stands out on tape. Not sure he improves our team shooting though

Reaction Score
not to complicate things even further, but at least 1 of the 4 open schollys needs to go to a GRAD TRANSFER, and preferably 2

otherwise our class of '23 will be limited to stephon castle. no griffiths, no edwards, no bowen, etc.

and this is assuming akok doesnt use his extra year of eligibility b/c right now his scholly is going to castle...no one else is graduating or should be going pro

looking at the roster the only other guy we'd be excused for losing after next season is springs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The portal has gone bonkers. I don't know if the NCAA can put this genie back in the bottle. 1003 kids entered the portal.

I remember there were a lot of people on here who wanted the NCAA to allow free transfers with no 1 year sit out. This is what you get with that so nobody who wanted it can complain now. It is crazy but coaches will need to learn to manage it.

A program near the top of the food chain, I consider UConn in that group, can actually benefit from this by losing players who didn't live up to their potential and by getting players who have already proven their mettle in college. We'll see if that ends up happening.

Reaction Score
not to complicate things even further, but at least 1 of the 4 open schollys needs to go to a GRAD TRANSFER, and preferably 2

otherwise our class of '23 will be limited to stephon castle. no griffiths, no edwards, no bowen, etc.

and this is assuming akok doesnt use his extra year of eligibility b/c right now his scholly is going to castle...no one else is graduating or should be going pro

looking at the roster the only other guy we'd be excused for losing after next season is springs.
Those things will work themselves out, take the best talent and fits that want to be here

Reaction Score
So what high major impact transfer wants to come here to play second fiddle to Andre Jackson?

And what mid major impact transfer wants to come here and be told Andre Jackson/Floyd/Hawkins are the starting guards?

It’s going to be difficult to recruit great players for bench rolls.
So a team with two starting spots up for grabs is going to have to recruit kids to be backups. Do you even believe this take or are you trying to be funny?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This open transfer rule is garbage. It’s crazier than free agency. You can’t recruit to develop any more because the kid will get frustrated by lack of PT and transfer somewhere that promises him PT and your developmental work was a waste. 1000+ kids in the portal with 1000 more likely to hit the portal. Insanity.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
So a team with two starting spots up for grabs is going to have to recruit kids to be backups. Do you even believe this take or are you trying to be funny?
You think Hurley will throw aside his loyalty and over recruit Floyd, Hawkins, and Jackson? I think not.

Reaction Score
Kind of confused. Yard has been banging on Gaff/Sool all year.. Been banging on DH for not going after portal guys last year. So.. Here we are.. Can now bring in some ballers that want to play with our SG/SF/PF/C.. And everyone is freaking out??

Can't have it both ways. Do the right thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020