Transfer portal part 2 | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

Reaction Score
I can’t find the tweet but former Michigan State guard A Winston is also transferring from Mississippi State. I see Coach Purcell’s version of the Louisville Mississippi State Hunger Games has begun.

There's an article that talks about it.

Reaction Score
I like Warren, but she worries me. For some strange reason, I think she enjoys being run over a few times each game. I just wait for it to happen...and it does.
Ha yes … she like the wood, always on the floor… reminds me of Tiffany Hayes but not so much on the offensive end!

Reaction Score
I can’t find the tweet but former Michigan State guard A Winston is also transferring from Mississippi State. I see Coach Purcell’s version of the Louisville Mississippi State Hunger Games has begun.
welcome to college basketball in 2022.

Reaction Score

I love it. She can really shoot it and had a couple of big games. I guess the pg spot is seemingly open so I wonder why she is leaving. I remember a quote after one her big games was something to the effect that I hope it instills confidence that I can continue to get an opportunity and have more performances like this. But she never really got an opportunity.
It was interesting during the final four when Adia Barnes, Jen Azzi, DT, and Sue Bird talked about the transfer portal. Barnes sortve lamented when kids don't get playing time they leave. Every situation is different but I tend to love it. I hope she gets an opportunity to start somewhere. She seems like she can be a difference maker.

Reaction Score
For D1 fall and winter sports, in order to receive immediate eligibility you must notify your school by May 1st.
For spring sports, the date is July 1st.

I have no idea when the portal "reopens" for immediate eligibility but I am guessing it is once the fall semester starts.
Thank you.

Reaction Score
I just deleted my reply post because I wasn't sure if I actually answered your question.
I think you did. I wanted to know when the WBB players had to report their intentions to be eligible to join another team and play next season.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think you did. I wanted to know when the WBB players had to report their intentions to be eligible to join another team and play next season.
The school has 2 days to enter the player's name into the portal.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah, I kept wondering why van Gytenbeek was barely playing, when Stanford had a glaring lack of a PG. This is very rare for them to have an undergrad transfer out.

Reaction Score
Has Purcell brought in any recruit or transfer? I thought his hire was based upon his recruiting ability. With so many platers in the portal I would hope he can land at least a couple, three have indicated they will transfer out.

Reaction Score
Has Purcell brought in any recruit or transfer? I thought his hire was based upon his recruiting ability. With so many platers in the portal I would hope he can land at least a couple, three have indicated they will transfer out.
The transfers out happen pretty much every time there is a coaching change. I don't think it's a reflection on Purcell at all. He was the lead recruiter here at Louisville and I fully expect him to be able to recruit effectively at Starkville.

Just saw on the other portal thread that MSU got Kourtney Weber from Florida State. Not a program maker but a start.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would have never guessed that Stanford would have two transfers.
Jenna Brown is a grad transfer. Stanford has had a bunch through the years, many of whom have ended up at ND. But it is extremely rare for an undergrad to transfer from Stanford. That Stanford sheepskin carries enormous prestige, particularly for someone like Van Gytenbeek who is unlikely to make it to the W.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The school has 2 days to enter the player's name into the portal.
Technically the school has 2 "business" days to enter a player in the portal once notified. That is significant because May 1st happens to fall on a Sunday.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Does the Portal have a closing date?
No, it's like Denny's.

But, for student-athletes in Fall/Winter sports who want to take advantage of the one-time transfer exception with immediate eligibility for next season, the deadline to enter the transfer portal is May 1, 2022.

Reaction Score
Ask, and you shall receive:

Seems like a good pick up.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was surprised when she picked ‘Cuse, and I’m surprised again. She’s really talented - great get for USF!
Was really hoping Williams would have considered UCONN. She has 4 years of eligibility remaining and would have made a terrific pickup for any contending P5 team. Like you I'm scratching my head at this selection.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom