Transfer portal part 2 | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

Reaction Score
At the risk of being a broken record, what kind of continuity of academic and professional development can possibly take place when a kid literally has a new set of coaches, professors, mentors, and social and professional networks for each year of college? SMH.
There are plenty of ways to reach the same destination. Change can be good. I know people who get married and divorced more than this. Golfers and tennis players change coaches and no one blinks an eye.

Reaction Score
Its slowly becoming the new normal when your typical college athlete ends up at 3 or more schools by the time they graduate :confused:

NIL and the portal rules are going to make these things a normal occurrence annually.

Reaction Score
At the risk of being a broken record, what kind of continuity of academic and professional development can possibly take place when a kid literally has a new set of coaches, professors, mentors, and social and professional networks for each year of college? SMH.
I get it. Your undergraduate experience appears very similar to mine. I chose a college based on my intended major. However during my time I also developed professional relationships with professors and formed professionals friendships with members of my class. I still use those contacts today. In contrast a relative changed colleges several times but still developed professional friendships along the way. He ultimately obtained a degree albeit a very nontraditional track. I know several people that are taking courses, many online, at various colleges with the ultimate goal of “checking the box” for a degree. Most of the knowledge, professional relationships and skill applicable to their job is derived from on the job training. I’ve long considered the two main points of college to be 1) establishing a baseline credential (I was an electrical engineer at State U or I graduated from Stanford or Yale or wherever) and 2) the network of professors and colleagues you develop during that time period. It appears more students are meeting those two objectives in a very different way.

Reaction Score
Angel Reese and Kateri Poole visited LSU yesterday. Fully expect them to whiff on both. :rolleyes:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Angel Reese and Kateri Poole visited LSU yesterday. Fully expect them to whiff on both. :rolleyes:
Pray I Hope GIF

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I’m anxious to see where Sonya Morris from DePaul is going…. Hmmmm….
I guess I missed on this one. It will be interesting.

Know anything about Lexi Held? I could see her making a team overseas.

Reaction Score
5 points and 2.5 rebounds a game earns someone the title of "top post in the transfer portal" ? LMAO :cool:
Reese, Dre Edwards and a multitude of others are much better players.

Jillian is talented though although idk how any sane person could say 'top post in the transfer portal'. We are moving into the stage of delusion there.

What are these people taking?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Oklahoma State transfer guard, Lauren Fields has officially visited USC and Texas; currently wrapping up her trip at Arizona. Seemed to have an interest in Duke early on (as Kara and staff made an in-home visit), but looks like they might be out of scholarships.

Reaction Score
LOL I was looking to post this but they made their twitter private after getting blasted by everyone
I'm mad I missed it the flaming before they locked their account. But they need to be called out for their irresponsible takes for clicks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom