Transfer portal part 2 | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

Reaction Score
Not a clue.

She did go through senior ceremonies along with Joanne Allen-Taylor and Audrey Warren; all 3 have one season of eligibility remaining. Joanne declared for the WNBA draft. No word from Audrey yet on her intentions. Not counting any of those 3 players, Texas has 3 scholarships remaining at the moment. So, it's not necessarily about the scholarship numbers and/or incoming freshmen signees coming in and the roster being overcrowded.

Ebo has been very complimentary of her time at Texas; in one post-game interview this Spring, she said coming to Texas was one of the best decisions she's ever made. Vic has also stated several times this Spring that she was the team's most improved player over the last 2-3 months of the season.

Her reasons for leaving could be strictly academic (perhaps wants to go to grad school somewhere that specializes in her area of study). Could be that she's played under 2 different post position coaches at Texas, and that would have been a third as Texas is currently trying to replace April Phillips (new head coach at San Jose State).

Texas will miss Ebo. She was so good defensively, especially against KSU's Ayoka Lee. Texas has no one else like or as experienced as Ebo in the post. So, that has to be a priority in the transfer portal.
She has great size and plays to her strengths and within her limits. Those are rare for a post player.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interesting that St Johns picked up Ole Miss PG Mimi Reid plus Jayla Everett from Pitt and Jillian Archer. That’s a pretty good hall. I was impressed with Everett in the ACC tourney a couple years back. She is athletic.

Reaction Score
Any idea why Ebo is leaving? She seemed to be one of the consistent pieces with Texas last season.
Could it be that Taylor Jones is transferring in to Texas? No information, just guessing

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Could it be that Taylor Jones is transferring in to Texas? No information, just guessing
Don't think that's related. I've seen Taylor following the head coaches at Arizona, Maryland, and Oklahoma on Instagram.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Don't think that's related. I've seen Taylor following the head coaches at Arizona, Maryland, and Oklahoma on Instagram.
Rootin' for Oklahoma to land her out of those.

Reaction Score
Could it be related to the Texas assistant coaches that are leaving?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Question - who is the post position coach for Duke? Was it Cunningham or someone else?

That's a good question. A question that i don't know the answer to. I was a quality post back in middle school... Perhaps i could be a volunteer post coach if they need one.

Reaction Score
Is Warren the player who has suffered concussion issues? If it's who I'm thinking of, she wears some sort of device that's supposed to help protect her. I was fascinated with the device but never really understood how it works.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Is Warren the player who has suffered concussion issues? If it's who I'm thinking of, she wears some sort of device that's supposed to help protect her. I was fascinated with the device but never really understood how it works.
Yes that is her. Odd that she is leaving Texas. I am not sold on her offensive game and personally I think she flops too much. She would be a peripheral piece on any Top 25 team and was most suited to Vic’s style. Curious If she looks at Duke as a former teammate is there.

Reaction Score
It's called the Q-Collar and from what I've read it's supposed to help manage blood flow. Apparently, it increases the blood flow in the brain area to help prevent it from moving as much. I've seen it more for hockey and football. Warren is the only basketball player I know who has worn it.

Reaction Score
It's called the Q-Collar and from what I've read it's supposed to help manage blood flow. Apparently, it increases the blood flow in the brain area to help prevent it from moving as much. I've seen it more for hockey and football. Warren is the only basketball player I know who has worn it.

I like Warren, but she worries me. For some strange reason, I think she enjoys being run over a few times each game. I just wait for it to happen...and it does.

Reaction Score
I like Warren, but she worries me. For some strange reason, I think she enjoys being run over a few times each game. I just wait for it to happen...and it does.
I get that. There are players who play one speed and she's one of them. Love the hustle and heart she shows. I cringe sometimes when she takes a charge or dives because of her injury history.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Mmm does she though?

Well... I have on my Duke shirt and went out to get some lunch... The first person i saw walking on the street had on a burnt orange texas longhorn shirt. Coincidence? Nawwww. I think it was a sign from above. :cool:;):p:D

Reaction Score

I can’t find the tweet but former Michigan State guard A Winston is also transferring from Mississippi State. I see Coach Purcell’s version of the Louisville Mississippi State Hunger Games has begun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom