Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oregon had no guards last year. They were brutal in loss to L’ville in the tourney.
Paopao was injured during the Tourney. They did have Mikesell and Shelley, who had very good seasons this year for Ohio St. and Nebraska. Not sure what went wrong w/ their back court rotation last year.

Louisville has been Pac 12 killers in the Tourney in recent years. Drilled Oregon St. a couple times, beat Stanford handily (although the Furd got revenge for that one), Oregon. Might be a coincidence, but it keeps happening. Kinda like Maryland kept getting upset by Pac 12 teams--Washington, Oregon UCLA.

Reaction Score
Daniels was desired by a number of teams on the west coast and according to the Seattle Times "Daniels had UCLA, Stanford, Duke, Oregon State and Princeton also on her shortlist." I think that, with an open roster spot, she has a number of places to pick from.
I see her going to UCLA. She would do well there and thrive

Reaction Score
I see her going to UCLA. She would do well there and thrive
See I think UCLA is stacked at her position with a healthy Dugalic and a healthy Bessoir. I think she winds up at Arizona.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
See I think UCLA is stacked at her position with a healthy Dugalic and a healthy Bessoir. I think she winds up at Arizona.
Reese is coming back for Arizona, they have Ware, a couple Fr. posts who got their feet wet, plus Nnaji coming in. More post depth there than UCLA I'd say. UCLA does have Masikewich and Anstey was well, but with their luck you might as well just pencil in 2 of their post players being out for the year w/ injury.

If she fancies herself more of a 3, that could change the conversation, but then UCLA should have a spot for her as well.

Reaction Score
Daniels was desired by a number of teams on the west coast and according to the Seattle Times "Daniels had UCLA, Stanford, Duke, Oregon State and Princeton also on her shortlist." I think that, with an open roster spot, she has a number of places to pick from.
Because she was hoping for Stanford, I assume she's very academically oriented, so Arizona and OSU are probably out. Duke and Princeton both have coaches who didn't recruit her although I'd say Berube would be a great choice. UCLA recruited her but the stories about her in high school suggest she might miss her family in the Seattle area so UW might be the obvious place. They weren't on her final list originally but with Jody Wynn, that wasn't too hard. She was somewhat injury prone in her two seasons and never truly developed into an offensive threat. However, her size and athleticism along with her defensive abilities make her a very intriguing get. She would have three years while Tuitele would be a grad student. I have no idea where she'll end up but I really look forward to seeing her develop. And yes, I do see her as a 3 but without an outside shot.

But the biggie will be Jenkins. I think the better package deal is Daniels but Jenkins will make an immediate impact wherever she goes.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Tomi Taiwo (5-10 SR guard, Carmel, IN) grad xfer out of Iowa WBB
Lauren Fields (5-9 JR guard, Shawnee, OK) Oklahoma State WBB
Jaaucklyn Moore, leading scorer (17.3 PPG) for Incarnate Word WBB
Kadi Sissoko (10.8 PPG) Minnesota WBB

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Our resident Colorado fan has disappeared, would be curious to get their take.
Yeah what was his name? Dokey or Dopey or something like that? I'd sure love to hear his take on Colorado losing to Creighton, since he was constantly putting down the Big East and said Colorado would finish 2nd in UConn's conference.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Seeing tweets from the anonymous Raoul raises an interesting question about his information about which players are in the transfer portal. The NCAA reportedly sought to prevent non-coaches from borrowing a coach's login information. Won't matter if a coach simply forwards the information to non-coaches.

After the flurry of portal announcements yesterday, in revisiting this post, it does seem like he has a few sources in WBB that forward him info.

Reaction Score
Another one! - DJ ...yall know that guy. lol
Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

Yup....may as well have his music on repeat as the pace picks up.

Reaction Score
Pac 12 was down last year as well. No one was any good outside of Stanford and AZ. Oregon had no guards last year. They were brutal in loss to L’ville in the tourney. Dana Evans was in an awful slump and she scored 29 effortlessly. Worst looking guards she faced all year. Oregon was a sad looking team. Pac 12 used to have terrific regular seasons to watch. The last few years it’s fallen off. UCLA, Oregon and Oregon St are all weaker
PAC-12 was down last year? When 2 x PAC-12 teams are in the NCAA Final?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
MiCole Cayton (5-9 GR guard, Stockton, CA) a grad xfer out of Nebraska WBB;

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
MiCole Cayton (5-9 GR guard, Stockton, CA) a grad xfer out of Nebraska WBB;
She'll be a 7th-year senior, which used to be rare as a unicorn but not so much anymore.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
She'll be a 7th-year senior, which used to be rare as a unicorn but not so much anymore.
Because she was hoping for Stanford, I assume she's very academically oriented, so Arizona and OSU are probably out. Duke and Princeton both have coaches who didn't recruit her although I'd say Berube would be a great choice. UCLA recruited her but the stories about her in high school suggest she might miss her family in the Seattle area so UW might be the obvious place. They weren't on her final list originally but with Jody Wynn, that wasn't too hard. She was somewhat injury prone in her two seasons and never truly developed into an offensive threat. However, her size and athleticism along with her defensive abilities make her a very intriguing get. She would have three years while Tuitele would be a grad student. I have no idea where she'll end up but I really look forward to seeing her develop. And yes, I do see her as a 3 but without an outside shot.

But the biggie will be Jenkins. I think the better package deal is Daniels but Jenkins will make an immediate impact wherever she goes.

Thanks for the input. I was looking at Daniels' stat line and was a bit surprised to see that her rebounding totals weren't all that high. Was she being used on the wing as a defender? And her scoring was static from year 1 to 2. Could the injuries play a part in that? The way she was used?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Which is basically what Syracuse just did this past season (and may have to do again next season).
Agreed. The longer the Syracuse administration waits on deciding on a new coach, the more time they give players to get antsy and bail. Buffalo went out in the first round of the NCAA's, so you'd think there would've been time to meet with Felisha Legette-Jack.
Hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020