Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She'll be a 7th-year senior, which used to be rare as a unicorn but not so much anymore.
When you play this long...your shots should count double. Or maybe half? Let me think about this proposal.

Reaction Score
Agreed. The longer the Syracuse administration waits on deciding on a new coach, the more time they give players to get antsy and bail. Buffalo went out in the first round of the NCAA's, so you'd think there would've been time to meet with Felisha Legette-Jack.
Hmmm....
If they didn't already express interest, then...that would be stupid on them.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the input. I was looking at Daniels' stat line and was a bit surprised to see that her rebounding totals weren't all that high. Was she being used on the wing as a defender? And her scoring was static from year 1 to 2. Could the injuries play a part in that? The way she was used?
I think injuries and a new system had to do with her rebounding numbers but as her fans have pointed out, the bigger change is that her ft percentages went way up and that had to be partially due to her hard work during the summer to correct her shooting form. She's obviously a hard worker and seems like a strong leader. I hope she ends up at UCLA.

Reaction Score
So glad Stanford will likely never have a widescale transfer problem, this is just too much to keep up with :confused:

Reaction Score
If Kim can land one or two of Blackwell, Carr, and Jackson to pair with Morris and her star frosh, LSU could be a 2 or 3-seed again next year even without Pointer.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Huh? If I recall, Jones got a boatload of PT under Brooke Wyckoff, when Wyckoff ran the team in 2020-21. Wouldn't one wait until she sees if Wyckoff get the full-time HC position or is she just protecting her options?

Jones is an interesting player: while she's the only Seminole in double-figure scoring, she can disappear at times. However, she works hard on the boards and when she gets on a roll......would be a big loss for a first-year coach at FSU.

Reaction Score
@SECbbfan24 how many spots do we have open atm?
I believe they have a few spots open. I’m assuming Grace hall is gone. She literally wasn’t with the team in any form since December. But my gut tells me there will be even more movement once the end of year meeting happen and they meet with players about next year

Reaction Score
I believe they have a few spots open. I’m assuming Grace hall is gone. She literally wasn’t with the team in any form since December. But my gut tells me there will be even more movement once the end of year meeting happen and they meet with players about next year
I just hope Ware and McNeil stay. I think since Hall gone. Ware may follow. Logyn looks like she's happy. Plus she getting paid lol. Bartlett is questionable. Petty might surprise us and leave too.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah what was his name? Dokey or Dopey or something like that? I'd sure love to hear his take on Colorado losing to Creighton, since he was constantly putting down the Big East and said Colorado would finish 2nd in UConn's conference.
Dokey. I tried tagging them, name wouldn't come up. Appears to have unregistered from the forum.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

That didn't take long. Coach Taylor was playing Barker a bunch as a frosh and continuously as a soph. She had a good game against ND. Will be interesting to see where Barker looks....

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That didn't take long. Coach Taylor was playing Barker a bunch as a frosh and continuously as a soph. She had a good game against ND. Will be interesting to see where Barker looks....
She’s also the one who hit the dramatic 3 at the buzzer to send the game to OT vs. NC State.

But Georgia really fizzled after that. Probably the best team they beat after New Year’s was Dayton. Some might say Ole Miss but they were overrated by playing in an overrated conference.

Reaction Score
I love this. Not a Gottlieb fan. This is a backbreaker. Gottlieb left Cal with nothing. Kianna Smith transferred before Gottlieb even left
As I recall the coach that came in had on paper a good recruiting haul?! Just didn’t do anything with it.

Reaction Score
Worth noting--Cavinders have 4m+ followers on TikTok which is 4x more than any of Bueckers social media accounts. I'm sure NIL plays a role (as it likely is for many collegiate athletes), but it's not the only factor.

I haven't seen them play but both have nice numbers, especially Haley. 19.8 points, 9.4 rebounds (as a 5-6 guard), 5.7 assists, 45% FG, 37% 3pt, 97% FT...those look like Sabrina Ionescu numbers. They'll be a great pickup for some team out there.
Maybe Florida?

Reaction Score

giphy.gif

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I look for Missouri to replace Auburn at the bottom of the conference. They lose Blackwell and now Williams. However, with the portal who knows.
Did Blackwell transfer? Have not read anything about it in the local papers. She is a Junior.

Reaction Score
Huh? If I recall, Jones got a boatload of PT under Brooke Wyckoff, when Wyckoff ran the team in 2020-21. Wouldn't one wait until she sees if Wyckoff get the full-time HC position or is she just protecting her options?

Jones is an interesting player: while she's the only Seminole in double-figure scoring, she can disappear at times. However, she works hard on the boards and when she gets on a roll......would be a big loss for a first-year coach at FSU.

Can't you pull out of the portal, if things turn out the way you'd like in the staff changes? Although even assistant coaches leaving during a head coach transition is enough for players to transfer......

Reaction Score
It almost makes one think there's going to be some announcement from Pingeton coming soon.......
She has been pretty meh since Cunningham graduated. They have some good players (or had...) but they are too inconsistent. They don't play defense and just jack up a bunch of 3's. Their season highlight was beating SC and playing LSU/Baylor to the wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom