Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I just love it when grown-ass adults try to backtrack and explain that their tweet "came out wrong" as if they had no control over the words they chose to type. I guess after all these years no one taught Adia to slow down and proof read before posting. Seriously, you tweeted exactly what you were thinking; just own it.

The only reason Adia tweeted that was to get attention; now she's getting it.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It’s ND. Dodson gets the waiver, is Marshall going to be their future center or even play?
As of now, if Dodson comes back she's the 3rd big. If she doesn't, she's the starting center.

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I appreciated her tweet. If you know anything about her entire back story, it's one of hard work, will, and grit over God given talent and ability. Probably shouldn't have put quite such a fine tipped point on it, but the general sentiment, I appreciate.
Absolutely. We need more coaches like that. We’re not talking gym class, you know.

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I appreciated her tweet. If you know anything about her entire back story, it's one of hard work, will, and grit over God given talent and ability. Probably shouldn't have put quite such a fine tipped point on it, but the general sentiment, I appreciate.

As long as she was speaking in general, I didn't see anything wrong with the tweet. That is probably the sentiment of most coaches.

Reaction Score
Barnes tweeted that literally a minute or two after the news came out that one of her players was transferring. It sure seemed targeted. When her players transfer they have issues but I guess all the transfers she recruits are perfect, no problems at their prior schools. Hypocrite

Reaction Score
I believe Annie Hayes is going to the draft. I am of the impression Alaysia (who was injured this year) is a point guard but not sure.

I believe if both Hayes, Jordan, D. Carter and J. Carter come back, then Purcell at least has something to work with.
I saw where Anastasia Hayes declared for the draft and is projected to go in the second round. I think we lost a lot with both Annie and Myah not returning. Have to wonder if Novak stayed would they have made a different choice, both players obviously respected and expressed love for Novak. This may be unfair but I do not agree the associate coach for Louisville is having any impact on Louisville play and he certainly is not interacting with the team where he is the head coach. Purcell needs to be at MSST because that is the future and Louisville is the past.

Reaction Score
I don’t really see her comments and different than what Geno said about not really caring if players leave and how he’s never had a player transfer and make an impact at a Top school. I think the only thing that made it look bad was the timing.

I’m sure there’s a high percentage of players in the portal that fall under what Adia was referencing.

Reaction Score
I don’t really see her comments and different than what Geno said about not really caring if players leave and how he’s never had a player transfer and make an impact at a Top school. I think the only thing that made it look bad was the timing.

I’m sure there’s a high percentage of players in the portal that fall under what Adia was referencing.

Barnes said tweeted it right after a 3 player from the freshman class hit the portal.

I believe Geno was asked. Def a big difference.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I don't know how much time passed from when Adia tweeted the initial tweet to when actually she deleted it. But, I'd bet good money that she only deleted that tweet because someone she trusts advised her to do so.

Reaction Score
I've seen finer tips. It was true and that is what matters.

Reaction Score
Does the BY have a Transfer Portal?
First, I would like to thank everyone at The Boneyard.. I have had opportunities to go to other forums, but TBY was my dream forum. I am a different and better person because of the Boneyard. I am deeply appreciative of my teammates and admins.
With that being said, I would like to announce (Lord willing) that I will be returning for my Senior Seasons to the Center of the Women's Basketball Think-tank Universe... The Boneyard!

Reaction Score
I saw where Anastasia Hayes declared for the draft and is projected to go in the second round. I think we lost a lot with both Annie and Myah not returning. Have to wonder if Novak stayed would they have made a different choice, both players obviously respected and expressed love for Novak. This may be unfair but I do not agree the associate coach for Louisville is having any impact on Louisville play and he certainly is not interacting with the team where he is the head coach. Purcell needs to be at MSST because that is the future and Louisville is the past.
Taylor has been at MSU and has 2 degrees, I'd not have been shocked if she explored a different environment even if Novak was hired. Hayes clearly has her eyes on a professional career and has some potential.

Purcell absolutely needs to be at MSU right now getting his ducks in a row.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Barnes tweeted that literally a minute or two after the news came out that one of her players was transferring. It sure seemed targeted. When her players transfer they have issues but I guess all the transfers she recruits are perfect, no problems at their prior schools. Hypocrite
Or, she thinks she herself is perfect! :rolleyes:

Guess she only likes it when players like Aari McDonald transfer into her program. Others be damned.

Reaction Score
I see your point. When we hired Coach Schaefer he was listed as Associate Coach at Texas A&M not Associate Head Coach but still played a key role in their tournament run. He was hired then returned to finish the season with TAM and went back and forth between the two schools. Coach Purcell is a key member of Louisville’s staff. Their message boards are consistently bummed about him leaving and how much he brings to the program. He does a lot of their scouting and initial game planning. Mostly though they talked how recruiting jumped forward with him and Coach Sam Williams (now at Tennessee). Social media shows he is going back and forth between the schools. We are also getting great press out of it.

He has to prove himself as a head coach just like Coach Novak had to prove he could recruit elite talent. Obviously administration thought being able to recruit the elite talent was more important in this hire. For the record, between these two I would have chosen Coach Novak but will support the new hire. So far I’m fine with how he is proceeding. It is also my understanding we are going to get a couple of transfers soon as well as at least one 2022 recruit that has opened her recruiting after a coaching change. After he has been billed as an elite recruiter I am going to be more skeptical if it doesn’t happen.

https://12thman.com/sports/womens-ba...oaches/2011-12

Reaction Score
Vic's teams are usually more perimeter oriented than SC's. Lots of midrange shots and 1 on 1 play. A lot more dribbling and focus on controlling tempo. Shoot more 3s.

SC's is largely pound the ball inside and dominate on the glass. Not much perimeter shooting, and a focus on recruiting terrific athletes that Dawn can develop even if they're quite raw in terms of basketball skills. Both defend the heck out of you.

In regards to Vic not getting as much flack, it's because his program doesn't get near the national recognition that South Carolina does. Texas is an up and coming program, SC is an established powerhouse. And worth noting, at Mississippi State his offense was a lot better than it has been at Texas through 2 seasons. Better ball movement, better A/TO ratios and much better FG%. Give him a couple more years where he can build his roster, and if his teams still aren't adequate offensively, then that's a conversation to be had.

Mississippi State absolutely jammed the ball inside to McCowan.

With the exception of that weird dribble/drive weave game in Columbia, I never thought Miss State was particularly difficult for SCar to defend.

You just needed to keep TM off the boards...easier said than done and obviously very difficult for teams without size.

Reaction Score
Barnes said tweeted it right after a 3 player from the freshman class hit the portal.

I believe Geno was asked. Def a big difference.

Well, yeah. But, his comments could still be seen as shading his former transfers since he said none of them have ever made a difference at another top school.

Reaction Score
you-say-your-ex-is-a-dead-beat-dad-well-you-picked-him.jpg

Reaction Score
UCF has had F Brittney Smith and G Alisha Lewis enter the portal this week, also F Jnaya Walker entered the portal but she didn't play this year due to injury and was more rotational than the others. UCF needs a coach ASAP.

Reaction Score
UCF has had F Brittney Smith and G Alisha Lewis enter the portal this week, also F Jnaya Walker entered the portal but she didn't play this year due to injury and was more rotational than the others. UCF needs a coach ASAP.
And like that there's basically no one left, not surprised but still hurts:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Raoul was sure to screenshot it and post it again lol

Of course he did. Interesting that Barnes responded to him. Add her to the list of coaches who would sure like to know who this Raoul character is and how he gets access to portal information so quickly. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the NCAA put in safeguards to prevent coaches from passing their log-in information to members of the media and whatever it is one calls Raoul. Clearly a coach is feeding this information to Raoul on a regular basis.

Raoul used to post on this board using the same handle. Stopped posting 3+ years ago. Reads the board regularly and could be posting here under a different handle for all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom