Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because it was unnecessary?

I get it and I get why people don't like her but no reason to instigate things.

Kim has a lot of work to do to rebuild LSU and its not going to happen over night. There are a lot of things that have to be fixed here.
Which is why I deleted the initial comment. This is essentially UConn's board for visitors. No need to be disrespectful, especially as a visitor. I apologize for that.

ETA: It will actually be nice to have a rival in the SEC again. Since Vic left State it's been kinda boring without one. The whole Kim vs Dawn thing should be very fun in the future. Mizzou likes to think of themselves in the rival role. We just pet them on the heads and let them have their one claim to fame in that W.

Reaction Score
Classy...

She never really played this year and couldn't shake the knee injuries. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ware leave from what I heard. But some kids may stay strictly because of the NIL money they are eating up from opportunities locally.
But to be honest. I think Ware can actually be developed into a decent player. I hope she stays and climb her way up. Youth is what holding her back with Kim. Lol

Reaction Score
Who do you think will be the PG for MSST, if Anne Hayes stays she would be my first choice. However, given how much we need Anne score if Purcell has another alternative I can see the wisdom of not moving Anne to PG.
I believe Annie Hayes is going to the draft. I am of the impression Alaysia (who was injured this year) is a point guard but not sure.

I believe if both Hayes, Jordan, D. Carter and J. Carter come back, then Purcell at least has something to work with.

Reaction Score
Mine for the original comment as well. It was uncalled for.
You good lol I honestly understand that there will be beef eventually between the two fan bases. I see it on Twitter often. Although I honestly respect Dawn and the gamecocks.

Reaction Score
Could someone please clarify if the early entrants don’t get drafted are they able to retain their college eligibility? That is a huge list with very few spots to fill.
People say it’s not supposed to work like that…but multiple people did that last year. One that I know of is Deja Church. Her name was on the WNBA’s list of entrants but the she didn’t get drafted and appeared back at Depaul this season. Now her name is on the list of entrants for this year. Other people in the ND thread notes another player did this last year as well.

So in short, if that is a rule, it’s not being regulated or something about it is given leeway. So yes based on others from last year, Dodson could still potentially come back

Reaction Score
You good lol I honestly understand that there will be beef eventually between the two fan bases. I see it on Twitter often. Although I honestly respect Dawn and the gamecocks.
We have a bad rep on Twitter for swarming other fanbases. We fully acknowledge it and have embraced the role.

Reaction Score
But to be honest. I think Ware can actually be developed into a decent player. I hope she stays and climb her way up. Youth is what holding her back with Kim. Lol
I wish someone would smack Kim with a dose of reality that freshmen can be good contributors. I see countless programs play freshmen and they shine every year. Never understood her approach to freshmen and insist that they don't get major roles until years 2 or 3. While she is a great coach, that stunts development and honestly is probably a turn off to elite recruits.

Reaction Score
Which is why I deleted the initial comment. This is essentially UConn's board for visitors. No need to be disrespectful, especially as a visitor. I apologize for that.

ETA: It will actually be nice to have a rival in the SEC again. Since Vic left State it's been kinda boring without one. The whole Kim vs Dawn thing should be very fun in the future. Mizzou likes to think of themselves in the rival role. We just pet them on the heads and let them have their one claim to fame in that W.
Hopefully Kim can get the magic back at LSU (permanently). It was a great year this season but its been tough since Fowles graduated, minus a couple season in the early 2010's.

Texas coming to the SEC in a few years as well should make the conference more interesting. SEC has been needing to step up their game badly, not enough great teams besides SC over the years. State had a good run for a few years before Vic left.

Reaction Score
Can anyone answer this. Is a five star out of California better than a five star or Gatorade POY out of let’s say hypothetically out of Wyoming. New Jersey or South Dakota? Seems that California and Texas high schools players are just better. Is it just because those are large states or the systems they have in place at a younger age? I don’t know.
Emily Saunders was the Gatorade POY out of WV and has not shown that she's good enough to play at the D1 level. I absolutely think that there are 4-5 star players out of big recruiting states (Cal, Texas, Georgia, etc.) that are better than the POY for most of the other states.

Reaction Score
Oooh. Looking at those stats, she is the first transfer that I've seen in this thread that I want at South Carolina! We need a high percentage 3-point shooter with Destanni Henderson, and possibly Littleton, leaving. Does she play defense? I don't know anything about her.

I think the idea that Littleton is a three point shooter is a pretty good indication of how much SCar could use some three point shooting.

Granted, It's not a role that Coach has really tried too hard to fill. I think the Penn State transfer who got hurt was the last real effort at it.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Kim can get the magic back at LSU (permanently). It was a great year this season but its been tough since Fowles graduated, minus a couple season in the early 2010's.

Texas coming to the SEC in a few years as well should make the conference more interesting. SEC has been needing to step up their game badly, not enough great teams besides SC over the years. State had a good run for a few years before Vic left.
Vic. He thought he'd escaped Dawn Staley's shadow then we met Texas last yr in the tournament and took them out. The man was sweating profusely and he had that jacket ripped off in record time. Now he's headed right back where he started in the same conference again. We are VERY much looking forward to his return. :evil grin:

Reaction Score
Who do you think will be the PG for MSST, if Anne Hayes stays she would be my first choice. However, given how much we need Anne score if Purcell has another alternative I can see the wisdom of not moving Anne to PG.
Annie Declared for the WNBA also

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Vic. He thought he'd escaped Dawn Staley's shadow then we met Texas last yr in the tournament and took them out. The man was sweating profusely and he had that jacket ripped off in record time. Now he's headed right back where he started in the same conference again. We are VERY much looking forward to his return. :evil grin:
Texas overachieved in the 2020-21 season thanks to Vic. To even get to the Elite 8 and the opportunity to play South Carolina is a great accomplishment and beyond what most head coaches accomplish at their new school in year one. While I wish the outcome had been different in that game, it let all our players and fans know how far we still had to go as a program.

This year was another overachieving year. Most Texas fans couldn't believe that hardly any (maybe one) pre-season poll had us in the Top 25. Creme's pre-season bracketology was the worst as I don't even think he had us in the Top 32. But, Vic did it again and exceeded fan and media expectations while bringing his personal streak of reaching the Elite 8 to 5 consecutive seasons, I believe. He's in rare company with that milestone.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Which conferences have more than one "great" team on an annual basis? Most programs have a one to two year period of reaching new heights; hardly any programs maintain "great" status beyond that.

Reaction Score
People say it’s not supposed to work like that…but multiple people did that last year. One that I know of is Deja Church. Her name was on the WNBA’s list of entrants but the she didn’t get drafted and appeared back at Depaul this season. Now her name is on the list of entrants for this year. Other people in the ND thread notes another player did this last year as well.

So in short, if that is a rule, it’s not being regulated or something about it is given leeway. So yes based on others from last year, Dodson could still potentially come back
There is a deadline for pulling out of the draft and that’s what happened. If you actually go THRU the draft but don’t get picked, you still don’t get to come back to school. Many of the girls declaring for the draft will wait and see who all declares, what the mock drafts look like and if they aren’t on any list will pull out of the draft before the deadline.

Reaction Score
Which conferences have more than one "great" team on an annual basis? Most programs have a one to two year period of reaching new heights; hardly any programs maintain "great" status beyond that.
UConn ND and Louisville were pretty good in the old big east for a time

Reaction Score
What does this team needs to get back to the top of the ACC. Played two great games against very talented NC State team...were crushed twice by a very tough Louisville squad.
If Dodson gets waiver consider it done for next year. ND will have a good shot at being near top

Reaction Score
Texas overachieved in the 2020-21 season thanks to Vic. To even get to the Elite 8 and the opportunity to play South Carolina is a great accomplishment and beyond what most head coaches accomplish at their new school in year one. While I wish the outcome had been different in that game, it let all our players and fans know how far we still had to go as a program.

This year was another overachieving year. Most Texas fans couldn't believe that hardly any (maybe one) pre-season poll had us in the Top 25. Creme's pre-season bracketology was the worst as I don't even think he had us in the Top 32. But, Vic did it again and exceeded fan and media expectations while bringing his personal streak of reaching the Elite 8 to 5 consecutive seasons, I believe. He's in rare company with that milestone.

In all honesty, the best coaches rarely go backwards.

The baseline talent at Texas plus recruiting plus the portal, to me, made it likely Texas wouldn't slip much.

Texas is another program that could contend for titles. I will say that Vic doesn't get 1/10th the flack that some other coaches have Horn for being heavily defense dependent.

His blue print is eerily similar to Dawn's.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
In all honesty, the best coaches rarely go backwards.

The baseline talent at Texas plus recruiting plus the portal, to me, made it likely Texas wouldn't slip much.

Texas is another program that could contend for titles. I will say that Vic doesn't get 1/10th the flack that some other coaches have Horn for being heavily defense dependent.

His blue print is eerily similar to Dawn's.

Vic's teams are usually more perimeter oriented than SC's. Lots of midrange shots and 1 on 1 play. A lot more dribbling and focus on controlling tempo. Shoot more 3s.

SC's is largely pound the ball inside and dominate on the glass. Not much perimeter shooting, and a focus on recruiting terrific athletes that Dawn can develop even if they're quite raw in terms of basketball skills. Both defend the heck out of you.

In regards to Vic not getting as much flack, it's because his program doesn't get near the national recognition that South Carolina does. Texas is an up and coming program, SC is an established powerhouse. And worth noting, at Mississippi State his offense was a lot better than it has been at Texas through 2 seasons. Better ball movement, better A/TO ratios and much better FG%. Give him a couple more years where he can build his roster, and if his teams still aren't adequate offensively, then that's a conversation to be had.

Reaction Score
Oooh. Looking at those stats, she is the first transfer that I've seen in this thread that I want at South Carolina! We need a high percentage 3-point shooter with Destanni Henderson, and possibly Littleton, leaving. Does she play defense? I don't know anything about her.

I’ve seen her enough to know she would be the perfect fit for us next year. Much bigger version of Lindsay Spann very good shooter but can also create for herself as well. She would have to learn to play Dawn Staley defense but she isn’t slow or super unathletic so she could definitely learn. The biggest thing I like about her game is she can play point and set up others as well as create and shoot on her own so we would definitely kill 2 birds with one stone as a shooter and combo ability to play point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom