Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Oooh. Looking at those stats, she is the first transfer that I've seen in this thread that I want at South Carolina! We need a high percentage 3-point shooter with Destanni Henderson, and possibly Littleton, leaving. Does she play defense? I don't know anything about her.
Doesn't South Carolina have enough players on the roster?

Reaction Score
Gotta see who comes in from the portal and whether Dodson gets a waiver.

They still have the Miles-Citron-Westbeld core, which is really the foundation.

Ivey, intentionally or not, has pushed out all the McGraw era holdovers except Westbeld (who Ivey has known since middle school) and Marshall (Ivey heavily involved in her recruitment).

It's the kids that committed to her that were given the lion's share of the PT.

They mentioned during the NC State game that Ivey admitted that they built the offense around Miles. Makes sense but you wonder how the upperclassmen feel about a system built not to maximize their talents but a freshman's?
I've been following Olivia Miles since she was a soph in high school...............I call her the Miles Davis of women's basketball.........she's just different.............as incredibly talented as she is, I'm not sure I'd want to put all my offensive eggs in her basket because you just never know what you're going to get.......

Reaction Score
What does this team needs to get back to the top of the ACC. Played two great games against very talented NC State team...were crushed twice by a very tough Louisville squad.
a couple of better players...........

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Oh man. This isn't good for the program.
Exactly my sentiment. Previous transfers were those not getting that much PT, but to lose your best performer. Ugh oh. Whalen considered Scalia key to her jump-starting Minnesota recruiting.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I honestly think Niele and ND takes a hard look at both Parrish and Watson. ND recruited Watson out of HS, and made her final list, but not for Parrish. We shall see….
Yes, Watson had ND as a finalist, along with Oregon and UCLA. ND really, really could use a big - whether Dodson comes back or not -- given that Nat Marshall is coming off (yet) another leg injury.

Parrish attended "Nielefest' back in the day, but mutual interest seemed to cool once Alli Campbell committed early. Of course, Campbell is now at Penn State, so you never know.

That said, Indiana is losing Alii Patberg (what, no 8th year?) and Nicole Cardono-Hilary. Playing alongside Grace Berger could be fun. Then again, running wth 'Liv Miles and Sonia Citron....;)

Reaction Score
Exactly my sentiment. Previous transfers were those not getting that much PT, but to lose your best performer. Ugh oh. Whalen considered Scalia key to her jump-starting Minnesota recruiting.
And look at the past couple years. During the 2019 - 2020 Season, there was a drama with Destiny Pitts being suspended and transferring late in the season. Then you have Powell doing the same before the end of conference play and now Scalia.

These were all highly touted players in the program. Gopher fans are going to be up in arms on this one I suspect.

Reaction Score
Yes, Watson had ND as a finalist, along with Oregon and UCLA. ND really, really could use a big - whether Dodson comes back or not -- given that Nat Marshall is coming off (yet) another leg injury.

Parrish attended "Nielefest' back in the day, but mutual interest seemed to cool once Alli Campbell committed early. Of course, Campbell is now at Penn State, so you never know.

That said, Indiana is losing Alii Patberg (what, no 8th year?) and Nicole Cardono-Hilary. Playing alongside Grace Berger could be fun. Then again, running wth 'Liv Miles and Sonia Citron....;)
How does dodson come back if she entered her name in the draft ?

Reaction Score
How does dodson come back if she entered her name in the draft ?
Could someone please clarify if the early entrants don’t get drafted are they able to retain their college eligibility? That is a huge list with very few spots to fill.

Reaction Score
She will be but 5 years and 2 degrees, plus hanging in there during the Vic/NMP/Novak adjustment, means she's a Bulldog for life.
Who do you think will be the PG for MSST, if Anne Hayes stays she would be my first choice. However, given how much we need Anne score if Purcell has another alternative I can see the wisdom of not moving Anne to PG.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Of all the players who have transferred from Minnesota, has anyone had success at their new school? I thought Destiny Pitts was gonna be great at Texas A&M, and not sure it really worked out all that well for her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Of all the players who have transferred from Minnesota, has anyone had success at their new school? I though Destiny Pitts was gonna be great at Texas A&M, and not sure it really worked out all that well for her.
Too early to say as more of the key players have transferred this season. The proof will emerge next season I believe. I recall there was a transfer last year, a post player, however I think she's transferring again.

Reaction Score
Oooh. Looking at those stats, she is the first transfer that I've seen in this thread that I want at South Carolina! We need a high percentage 3-point shooter with Destanni Henderson, and possibly Littleton, leaving. Does she play defense? I don't know anything about her.
Would like Janiah Barker as well.

ETA: Not sure if she'd technically be considered "transfer portal", however. Reasonably certain UGA will release her from her LOI due to Joni leaving. She may choose to follow her to TAMU. She can either join us and beat TAMU or go with TAMU and be beaten by us. Her choice. I'm just saying.

Reaction Score
She is a shooter from anywhere type player.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Oh man. This isn't good for the program.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Classy...

She never really played this year and couldn't shake the knee injuries. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ware leave from what I heard. But some kids may stay strictly because of the NIL money they are eating up from opportunities locally.
Gordan been handing out bags lol

Reaction Score
Classy...

She never really played this year and couldn't shake the knee injuries. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ware leave from what I heard. But some kids may stay strictly because of the NIL money they are eating up from opportunities locally.
Right. Guess she deleted the other comment. No reason to be problematic unprovoked lol

Reaction Score
Classy...

Don't be so touchy about Mulkey. The back and forth is gonna get much more brutal as time goes on between us and y'all.

My comment was in no way related to the player or her injuries. Simply a tongue in cheek comment about Kim. Actually it really had little to do with LSU tbh. More the history at Baylor.

Reaction Score
Don't be so touchy about Mulkey. The back and forth is gonna get much more brutal as time goes on between us and y'all.

My comment was in no way related to the player or her injuries. Simply a tongue in cheek comment about Kim. Actually it really had little to do with LSU tbh. More the history at Baylor.
Because it was unnecessary?

I get it and I get why people don't like her but no reason to instigate things. She isn't for everyone.

Kim has a lot of work to do to rebuild LSU and its not going to happen over night. There are a lot of things that have to be fixed here. She took a team that was heavily experienced but not the most talented team and had a good year. Now they are basically building from ground zero with a lot of new faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom