Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
She is Kamilla Cardoso’s cousin I believe. I would definitely like to see her at Texas, would be an upgrade over Ebo IMO.
She is the daughter of former Longhorn (87-90) Susan Andersson who was 6'4 and married a tall hoopster from Brazil, I believe.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Maybe I missed it...but NC State's Kendal Moore and Genesis Bryant have both entered the portal.

I'm not surprised that Moore is transferring but losing Bryant is a bit of a shock; she was being groomed as a PG to share duties with Diamond Johnson next season, now that Raina Perez has graduated.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I uhm, I take it you've never been to Utah?
Stayed in St. George for a week and visited nearby National Parks, thoroughly enjoyed it. Care to explain what you are suggesting? Anyway these players have been there for 3-5 years, so if they didn't want to be there why did they stay that long?

Reaction Score
Texas overachieved in the 2020-21 season thanks to Vic. To even get to the Elite 8 and the opportunity to play South Carolina is a great accomplishment and beyond what most head coaches accomplish at their new school in year one. While I wish the outcome had been different in that game, it let all our players and fans know how far we still had to go as a program.

This year was another overachieving year. Most Texas fans couldn't believe that hardly any (maybe one) pre-season poll had us in the Top 25. Creme's pre-season bracketology was the worst as I don't even think he had us in the Top 32. But, Vic did it again and exceeded fan and media expectations while bringing his personal streak of reaching the Elite 8 to 5 consecutive seasons, I believe. He's in rare company with that milestone.
Vic got M. State to back to back championship games. There is no doubt with the resources and Texas recruiting ground he will be doing the same at Texas real soon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gotta see who comes in from the portal and whether Dodson gets a waiver.

They still have the Miles-Citron-Westbeld core, which is really the foundation.

Ivey, intentionally or not, has pushed out all the McGraw era holdovers except Westbeld (who Ivey has known since middle school) and Marshall (Ivey heavily involved in her recruitment).

It's the kids that committed to her that were given the lion's share of the PT.

They mentioned during the NC State game that Ivey admitted that they built the offense around Miles. Makes sense but you wonder how the upperclassmen feel about a system built not to maximize their talents but a freshman's?
It’s ND. Dodson gets the waiver, is Marshall going to be their future center or even play?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like first year coach Brittany Young at Austin Peay 20-13 (11-7) gets to start from scratch.

They have 7 in the portal, which includes 4 starters and 3 rotation players. The only two other significant contributors are both seniors, Yamia Johnson who is returning and Karle Pace, who retweeted this.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hey what ever happened to Jenna Brown?
Opted out of '20-'21. Didn't play at all this year either, I don't know the story with that. Did close to nothing as a Fr. and Soph.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I like Barnes...but she seems to be having some problems avoiding controversies. I can't help but think of a line from Ron White that might apply to her--"I had the right to remain silent...but not the ability."

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Big yikes....not a good look at all. This would be a massive turn off for me as a player. She's had like 3 or 4 instances now of bad/ignorant behavior in the last year or so.
Looks like it’s deleted now. What’s the gist?

Reaction Score
Barnes has deleted the tweet. Too much frankness can get you in trouble, I guess. I’m just a fan but my drum beat has been the same. Where are the gym rats? I so admire the players from teams like South Dakota, Villanova, Belmont, etc. who clearly put in the work.

Reaction Score
Barnes has deleted the tweet. Too much frankness can get you in trouble, I guess. I’m just a fan but my drum beat has been the same. Where are the gym rats? I so admire the players from teams like South Dakota, Villanova, Belmont, etc. who clearly put in the work.
I'm sure she didn't say anything someone else hasn't said...and was admired for doing so.

Reaction Score

D5EE7BBB-AF92-4913-9C47-6BCAAFA4A085.jpeg

Reaction Score
Said: “It wasn’t directed at Gisela… I love her and am helping her find a great situation.”

Unsaid: “Unlike those lazy fat girls on my team. They are on their own.”

Stop digging, Coach.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Said: “It wasn’t directed at Gisela… I love her and am helping her find a great situation.”

Unsaid: “Unlike those lazy fat girls on my team. They are on their own.”

Stop digging, Coach.
She needs to start carrying a shovel with her . . .

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I appreciated her tweet. If you know anything about her entire back story, it's one of hard work, will, and grit over God given talent and ability. Probably shouldn't have put quite such a fine tipped point on it, but the general sentiment, I appreciate.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think it is a fine sentiment that a lot of college coaches have made known at various times over the years. Making such a statement in the middle of a wave of transfers from your own program is sort of bad timing.

It is also a new world out there with 1000+/- transfers each year and most being made without 'penalty' so coaches are going to need to be better at being honest in the recruiting process. Good teams aren't going to hand a lot of minutes to freshmen and sophomores, juniors and seniors aren't guaranteed minutes either.

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I appreciated her tweet. If you know anything about her entire back story, it's one of hard work, will, and grit over God given talent and ability. Probably shouldn't have put quite such a fine tipped point on it, but the general sentiment, I appreciate.
I think the transfer part and about it being for the better with that emoji made the tweet go south. The part before that isn't bad and has truth to it.

f091f565a4d914c18515ba97e23fc23e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds