Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ooh. Okay. Well, I think it’s either down to DePaul/Louisville.
I’m hopeful for DePaul to get some big names. I like Bruno and his system and would love for him to get some larger names to continue to help draw in talent to a school that isn’t a big name to high schoolers to help build along side Morrow for a good run before his retirement, whenever that may be.

Reaction Score
I’m hopeful for DePaul to get some big names. I like Bruno and his system and would love for him to get some larger names to continue to help draw in talent to a school that isn’t a big name to high schoolers to help build along side Morrow for a good run before his retirement, whenever that may be.
Being from MO myself, I have heard rumblings behind the scenes about Blackwell, and they’re not good things. Maybe this will make her turn over a new leaf to be frank. Let’s just say that.

I just want ND to get good transfers since 3 did transferred.

Reaction Score
This brings the roster down to 11 Including 4 incoming Frosh. Prince, Rogers, and Paopao remain the core veterans. Kyei, Hurst, and Pinto logged a lot of minutes. Not sure about Hosendove future. Lots of PT available for incoming frosh.
Not super surprised at Bigby transfer. Least amount of PT on team. Maybe better fit at non-Pac 12.
Not sure if other shoes will drop but I’m guessing Graves wants a roster of 12 at least so will be shopping the portal.
I'm thinking Kyei has a big breakout season next year

Reaction Score

Ev_EQr-WgAsRVHO.jpeg

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Is she a grad transfer? Otherwise she would have to sit out a year no?

Reaction Score
I think Blackwell is going to DePaul or Louisville.
Louisville ? Maybe there’s a chance for next year. This team is starving, I mean starving for top tier talent. They need difference makers or bust

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
On the 2019 class some comments:
transferring from 'stable programs':
24 Kierstan BellOhio State
42 Kennedy BrownOregon State
31 Nyah GreenLouisville
13 Jaden OwensUCLA

transferring from coach other than recruiter:
13 River BaldwinFlorida State
33 Samantha BrunelleNotre Dame
32 Sammie PuisisFlorida State
15 Angel JacksonUSC
5 Rickea JacksonMiss State
11 Jordyn OliverBaylor
21 Anaya PeoplesNotre Dame
12 Celeste TaylorTexas

Staying (so far)
1 Brea BealSouth Carolina
0 Aliyah BostonSouth Carolina
11 Jakia Brown-TurnerNC State
3 Zia CookeSouth Carolina
44 Aubrey GriffinUconn
23 Jordan HorstonTennessee
14 Diamond MillerMaryland
15 Ashley OwusuMaryland
1 Francesca BelibiStanford
30 Haley JonesStanford
20 Charisma OsborneUCLA
10 Ashten PrechtelStanford

Yes it is 50% but if coaches leave all bets are off in current free transfer environment and only 16.7% are transferring from the same coach that recruited them.

Reaction Score
The list is cut off. It is missing 7 more names which includes A. Boston.

Its only cut off in the way this message board embeds tweets but if you actually click the tweet to where the image enlarges, you see Boston's name

Reaction Score
Yes… Which is why I think DePaul could be where she ends up—Same as Peoples (from ND).

However, I could most definitely see Louisville getting her.

I don't know if I see the fit with Peoples and DePaul. Morrow is not a 3 point shooter but she is great inside. Peoples cannot shoot, if DePaul now has multiple non shooters on the floor how much would that hurt their offense? I think that is a big part of their attack. If they are going to add a non shooter I feel they could add a much better scorer than Peoples who only averaged 3.8 ppg

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So, getting to the task at hand, the available players from 2019 that have 2 years left are:
#20 Kennedy Brown
#18 Anaya Peoples
#6 Sam Brunelle
#30 River Baldwin

To me, positional need ignored, I rank the 4 as listed. Brown is #1, Peoples #2, Sam #3 and River #4. Granted, I have only seen River play 10 times or so over the 3 years but she's never impressed me. Heck she's a poor man's Jen Staiti, size-yes, peak condition-no, motor-minimal.

Brown seems to get the most out of her abilities but if she thinks she really is a stretch 4, than um, good luck. Peoples can help some program elevate themselves and Indiana seems very logical to me given the success they've had with transfers. Heck, NC State could use her too.

Brunelle has limitations either due to injuries or simply having hit her ceiling. I do not see her as a starter on any top 10-15 team given what I have seen.

I am curious to see where they all land though.

Reaction Score
On the 2019 class some comments:
transferring from 'stable programs':
24 Kierstan BellOhio State
42 Kennedy BrownOregon State
31 Nyah GreenLouisville
13 Jaden OwensUCLA

transferring from coach other than recruiter:
13 River BaldwinFlorida State
33 Samantha BrunelleNotre Dame
32 Sammie PuisisFlorida State
15 Angel JacksonUSC
5 Rickea JacksonMiss State
11 Jordyn OliverBaylor
21 Anaya PeoplesNotre Dame
12 Celeste TaylorTexas

Staying (so far)
1 Brea BealSouth Carolina
0 Aliyah BostonSouth Carolina
11 Jakia Brown-TurnerNC State
3 Zia CookeSouth Carolina
44 Aubrey GriffinUconn
23 Jordan HorstonTennessee
14 Diamond MillerMaryland
15 Ashley OwusuMaryland
1 Francesca BelibiStanford
30 Haley JonesStanford
20 Charisma OsborneUCLA
10 Ashten PrechtelStanford

Yes it is 50% but if coaches leave all bets are off in current free transfer environment and only 16.7% are transferring from the same coach that recruited them.
They “staying” list is almost entirely with championship contenders

Reaction Score
So, getting to the task at hand, the available players from 2019 that have 2 years left are:
#20 Kennedy Brown
#18 Anaya Peoples
#6 Sam Brunelle
#30 River Baldwin

To me, positional need ignored, I rank the 4 as listed. Brown is #1, Peoples #2, Sam #3 and River #4. Granted, I have only seen River play 10 times or so over the 3 years but she's never impressed me. Heck she's a poor man's Jen Staiti, size-yes, peak condition-no, motor-minimal.

Brown seems to get the most out of her abilities but if she thinks she really is a stretch 4, than um, good luck. Peoples can help some program elevate themselves and Indiana seems very logical to me given the success they've had with transfers. Heck, NC State could use her too.

Brunelle has limitations either due to injuries or simply having hit her ceiling. I do not see her as a starter on any top 10-15 team given what I have seen.

I could see Brown landing at Iowa State, where her sister is committed for the 2023 class. There is also a clear need at her position next to Ashley Joens where she could stretch out because Joens does a lot of posting up herself.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Coaches from Baylor, Texas, and ISU started following Kennedy Brown on Instagram; so, seems like she's getting plenty of early interest.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
#20 Kennedy Brown
#18 Anaya Peoples
#6 Sam Brunelle
#30 River Baldwin

I would actually do a very different order:
1. Brunelle - really suffered from injury/coaching change. If she is healthy (and I think she is at this point) she has better stats than others.
2. Puisis - spot up three point shooter.
3. Peoples - quality guard suffering from new coach
4. Baldwin/Brown - height is their calling card, but neither really impresses as a starter.

Not sure any of them are starters for a top 10 team unless the team has a desperate hole in their roster. But I think they could all fill a 12-20 minute role for the right team.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
They “staying” list is almost entirely with championship contenders
Yup - mostly well run organizations and with good coaches - of course four are from teams still playing and 3 more only just saw their season end. Doesn't hurt that all but Belibi, Prechtel, and Griffin are starters, too.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
While Raoul's tweet was focusing on McDonald's HS class of 2019 and pointing out that 50% of the class has transferred or is currently in the portal, the class of 2020 is not that far behind in transfer rate with 11 of the 24 already transferred or in the portal.
Cameron Brink
Paige Bueckers
Kamilla Cardoso
Caitlin Clark
Olivia Cochran
Dalaylah Daniels
Lexi Donarski
Angela Dugalic
Sasha Goforth
Hannah Gusters
Madison Hayes
Treasure Hunt
Deja Kelly
Mir McLean
Te-Hina Paopao
Sydney Parrish
Angel Reese
Eniya Russell
Maddie Scherr
Madison Scott
Hailey Van Lith
Kylee Watson
Madeline Westbeld
Priscilla Williams

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
While Raoul's tweet was focusing on McDonald's HS class of 2019 and pointing out that 50% of the class has transferred or is currently in the portal, the class of 2020 is not that far behind in transfer rate with 11 of the 24 already transferred or in the portal.
Cameron Brink
Paige Bueckers
Kamilla Cardoso
Caitlin Clark
Olivia Cochran
Dalaylah Daniels
Lexi Donarski
Angela Dugalic
Sasha Goforth
Hannah Gusters
Madison Hayes
Treasure Hunt
Deja Kelly
Mir McLean
Te-Hina Paopao
Sydney Parrish
Angel Reese
Eniya Russell
Maddie Scherr
Madison Scott
Hailey Van Lith
Kylee Watson
Madeline Westbeld
Priscilla Williams
I believe Priscilla is in the portal now too.

Reaction Score
Its only cut off in the way this message board embeds tweets but if you actually click the tweet to where the image enlarges, you see Boston's name
Yes, I know. I was just letting the other poster know, because he listed only two players on the list that he thought was "consistently productive".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom