Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wouldn't Daniels go to USC where the coach that initially recruited is currently located, also within the PAC12?
Gottlieb was gone well before she arrived at Berkeley.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Wouldn't Daniels go to USC where the coach that initially recruited is currently located, also within the PAC12?
Certainly there's plenty of openings down south. With all due respect to UW, I also think U$C is much more comparable an academic and athletic environment to Cal, although UW should get credit for not having about 4,000 scandals plague its administration for the better part of the past decade. FWIW, I recall that Daniels was heavily recruited by Stanford but ultimately got Door 1'd, so I would imagine she is prioritizing academics in addition to her basketball. But either one could be a good fit, and Daejon Davis is a recent precedent of a Garfield grad and bay area baller who transferred back up home to UW.

Gottlieb was gone well before she arrived at Berkeley.
Daniels committed in the October following the offseason Gottlieb left, so while Charm was heading recruiting and presumably Daniels' first point of contact, Gottlieb would definitely have been involved in her recruiting, too.

Reaction Score
Daniels has talent. With the right coaching she can be an impact player. She would thrive at OSU, but alas, OSU has 2 x AA showing up next season that would be competition at her position. Also, while not expecting her to return, Taya Corosdale has another year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Daniels was desired by a number of teams on the west coast and according to the Seattle Times "Daniels had UCLA, Stanford, Duke, Oregon State and Princeton also on her shortlist." I think that, with an open roster spot, she has a number of places to pick from.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Here are some portal announcements by Raoul on twitter, so GOS here ... but wow, lots of movement into the portal after teams are out of tourney.

Sydney Freeman (5-8 JR guard, Albion, IN) Ball State WBB
Kirsten “KK” Deans (5-8 JR guard, Greensboro, NC) grad xfer out of West Virginia WBB
Sonia Smith (5-7 JR point guard, Upper Marlboro, MD) Sacred Heart WBB
Kylee Blacksten, (6-3 SO wing, Colorado Springs, CO) Colorado WBB
Lesila Finau, (5-9 SR combo guard, Dublin, CA (grad xfer) Colorado WBB
Sophie Gerber, (6-0 RS FR guard, Scottsdale, AZ (walk-on) Colorado WBB
Peanut Tuitele, (6-1 SR forward, Chico, CA (grad xfer) Colorado WBB
Logan Cook (6-1 SR forward, Iowa City, IA) grad xfer out of Iowa WBB
Destinee Oberg (6-3 JR center, Burnsville, MN) Arkansas WBB
Tavy Diggs, (6-2 JR wing, Richardson, TX) TCU WBB
Aja Holmes, (5-8 SO guard, Cibolo, TX) TCU WBB
Yo'Myris "Yummy" Morris, 6-3 SR forward, North Little Rock, AR (grad xfer) TCU WBB
Dalayah Daniels (6-3 SO wing/forward, Seattle, WA) Cal WBB

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
With Tuitele and Finau transferring and Hollingshed using up her eligibility, Colorado will be losing 3 players who started every game. This was supposed to be "their year," but it didn't really add up to that much. They return plenty of rotational players, so the cupboard isn't bare, but I have a hard time seeing them improve next season.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
With Tuitele and Finau transferring and Hollingshed using up her eligibility, Colorado will be losing 3 players who started every game. This was supposed to be "their year," but it didn't really add up to that much. They return plenty of rotational players, so the cupboard isn't bare, but I have a hard time seeing them improve next season.
Well Colorado did make the NCAA for the first time in 9 seasons, so some sort of resurgence.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Pick up the phone Kim…
phone call vintage GIF by US National Archives

Reaction Score
Not a big surprise considering how the season ended. I lowkey enjoyed her dishing it back to Sophie Cunningham too lol. She'll be a huge get for whoever lands her.
Yeah she could be lethal in the right situation. For those that have seen her more extensively, is she a 3/4?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well Colorado did make the NCAA for the first time in 9 seasons, so some sort of resurgence.
That was an accomplishment, but I think it would've been viewed as a MAJOR disappointment if they didn't make the Tourney this year. They were 1 and out though. Arizona ended a long Tourney drought the year before and got all the way to the title game. The Pac 12 was way down this year, yet they still only went 9-7 (5th place), a 1 game improvement over their 8-8 finish a year before in a much tougher conference. They've been building to this year for a long time, this was their chance to make some noise, and they really didn't.

Reaction Score
This is HUGEEEE. If I was Niele Ivey and ND, I would DEFINITELY give her a call, text, WHATEVERR. Hometown STL connection!!!

Blackwell seems like one of those players that’s going to make her new team better no matter who lands her or what their style is. I’d love to see her at LSU or Texas.

Reaction Score
I’ve seen folks insinuating she played a major role in some off court issues for Missouri this year. I wonder how many (if any) coaches will take caution even though she’s a good talent.

Reaction Score
Anytime Colorado can make the tournament and win over 20 games that’s a great year for them. I’m wondering if Hollingshed would have gone higher in draft if she came out last year. She was hot at years end. She didn’t have the big year this year I expected.

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Was Blackwell the player who was suspended multiple times during her time at Mizzou, or am I thinking of someone else?

Reaction Score
Blackwell seems like one of those players that’s going to make her new team better no matter who lands her or what their style is. I’d love to see her at LSU or Texas.
Wow. Would love to see Boston College land her…..LOL. She could help L’ville too

Reaction Score
That was an accomplishment, but I think it would've been viewed as a MAJOR disappointment if they didn't make the Tourney this year. They were 1 and out though. Arizona ended a long Tourney drought the year before and got all the way to the title game. The Pac 12 was way down this year, yet they still only went 9-7 (5th place), a 1 game improvement over their 8-8 finish a year before in a much tougher conference. They've been building to this year for a long time, this was their chance to make some noise, and they really didn't.
Pac 12 was down last year as well. No one was any good outside of Stanford and AZ. Oregon had no guards last year. They were brutal in loss to L’ville in the tourney. Dana Evans was in an awful slump and she scored 29 effortlessly. Worst looking guards she faced all year. Oregon was a sad looking team. Pac 12 used to have terrific regular seasons to watch. The last few years it’s fallen off. UCLA, Oregon and Oregon St are all weaker

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Pac 12 was down last year as well. No one was any good outside of Stanford and AZ. Oregon had no guards last year. They were brutal in loss to L’ville in tourney. Dana Evans was in an awful slump and she scored 30. Oregon was a sad looking team. Pac 12 used to have terrific regular seasons to watch. The last few years it’s fallen off. UCLA, Oregon and Oregon St are all weaker.
For all the hoopla about SEC underperforming, PAC 12 was even worse. 3 teams lost in first round to a lower seeded team, Arizona gets blown out at home and Utah gets blown out too. 4 of the 6 teams lost to lower seeded teams and they have less Sweet 16 bids than any P5 or the Big East.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
For all the hoopla about SEC underperforming, PAC 12 was even worse. 3 teams lost in first round to a lower seeded team, Arizona gets blown out at home and Utah gets blown out too. 4 of the 6 teams lost to lower seeded teams and they have less Sweet 16 bids than any P5 or the Big East.
True, but for the SEC this kind of performance has been typical lately, and the Pac 12 hasn't laid an egg like that in probably close to a decade, so until proven otherwise I'm gonna call it a one year anomaly.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Anytime Colorado can make the tournament and win over 20 games that’s a great year for them. I’m wondering if Hollingshed would have gone higher in draft if she came out last year. She was hot at years end. She didn’t have the big year this year I expected.
Our resident Colorado fan has disappeared, would be curious to get their take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom