Transfer Portal (2022-2023) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal (2022-2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Olivia Pollerd and Marisa Davis-Jones from Washington.
— Both committed to Duke to play for Joanne P. McCallie.
— Both decommitted and opened up their respective recruitments after McCallie resigned and Kara Lawson was hired.
— Both ended signing with Washington.
— Both are now transferring.

@triaddukefan

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
— Both decommitted and opened up their respective recruitments after McCallie resigned and Kara Lawson was hired.

@triaddukefan
Not only that, both committed to Washington when Jody Wynn was still the coach, she was let go before they arrived on campus.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

@triaddukefan
Wasn't there an insinuation that Lawson had signaled to some McCallie recruits that they were encouraged to reopen their recruitments? Were these two of those players?

Reaction Score
Wasn't there an insinuation that Lawson had signaled to some McCallie recruits that they were encouraged to reopen their recruitments? Were these two of those players?

IMO it came across that Kara was starting from scratch. All four of Duke's 2021 committs ended up up re-opening their recruiting. Believe the other two landed at Michigan State.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I wonder if Abby Meyers wants to stay close to home and have her family see her play 16-18 times a year. The family is only a 20-minute drive to College Park.
:eek: Don't be so greedy. MD has already signed Lavender Briggs from Florida and she was all up in the mix, team videos and celebrations already. Ya'll don't need Abby. :D

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
:eek: Don't be so greedy. MD has already signed Lavender Briggs from Florida and she wa s all up in the mix, team videos and celebrations already. Ya'll don't need Abby. :D
And the Huskies do? :rolleyes: With all those deadbeats like Fudd and Ducharme gathering dust on the bench? ;)

A visit to the western outpost of the ACC is in order! :D

It will be interesting to see what direction Ms. Meyers heads after the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
Does UNC lose enough talent that a reunion with Banghart could make sense for both sides?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Does UNC lose enough talent that a reunion with Banghart could make sense for both sides?

Possibly. Banghart's first (and only, thus far) Princeton transfer, Carlie Littlefield, put in paperwork to get one more year. Eve Hodgson, the transfer from William & Mary (and NH native, like Banghart) is coming back for sure. They'd work with Deja Kelly. So, if Littlefield is good to by the NCAA, no glaring need, unless Meyer is open to a rotation.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Hopefully Angel Jackson will be able to step in immediately next year to fill the hole that will be left by Ameshya Williams-Holiday's graduation.

Reaction Score
Snack Popcorn GIF by Get Out Movie

The comments about who needs Meyers more has been entertaining. Who else is going to suggest their team put her on their radar?

Reaction Score
As DJ Khalid would say................"Another one" for USC.

Alissa Pili is a tough player to figure out what you’re going to get. She would get off shots and convert them her frosh year you thought no way she can. The last two years she’s been unable to duplicate the player she used to be. I hope she can help someone but she’ll need to be in the best shape of her life for her to have any chance and that’s a big ask
If Pili is the same player she was this year this will not hurt USC. If she returns to freshman form it will be a huge loss. Odds are she won’t be the freshman player she was or stay free of injury. I hope I’m dead wrong cause I’m a big fan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A lot might've changed in 5 years for Abby Meyers, but...

You grew up in Maryland: what made you choose Princeton? I loved watching Maryland women’s basketball games and knew that I wanted to stay close to home and go somewhere with a tight-knit supportive community. For me, that was Princeton.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Twins with bigtime NIL deals. Likely a package deal, going to be interested to see where they land. Probably one of the first NIL driven transfers.

Not sure of who needs what but have to think southern Pac-12 schools and Florida schools are at play here. They have NIL with WWE, so maybe UCF (which is minutes from the WWE training facility) is at play here.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cavinders are way too skilled to play UCF's...brand of basketball.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Fire sale on at USC. Gottlieb couldn't win with some talent there, now they are leaving one by one. Who is next?

Reaction Score
Cavinders are way too skilled to play UCF's...brand of basketball.

But do they care about the brand of basketball or do they care about their own personal brands? Probably both, I guess.

Reaction Score
Alissa Pili is a tough player to figure out what you’re going to get. She would get off shots and convert them her frosh year you thought no way she can. The last two years she’s been unable to duplicate the player she used to be. I hope she can help someone but she’ll need to be in the best shape of her life for her to have any chance and that’s a big ask
If Pili is the same player she was this year this will not hurt USC. If she returns to freshman form it will be a huge loss. Odds are she won’t be the freshman player she was or stay free of injury. I hope I’m dead wrong cause I’m a big fan.
Pili has been dealing with many problems. Her dad wanted her to transfer last year. Hope she can find some peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom