Yes, he was my dad's favorite player.
Old enough to have seen
Him
Play in high school. Got to know him a bit later in his life
I genuinely nice guy but bad health made life a struggle for him

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I can either listen to krinklecut's take on the situation or what was reported from the locker room & reactions of former Izzo players like Green who say to move on. hmmmmmm....

Hey, at least your take gets your a participation trophy in the morality olympics! Congrats!
lol ok

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Something I’ve observed to be almost universally true in life, is that people who feel the need to publicly blast other peoples moral mistakes or moral short comings, often aren’t the most moral themselves.

The more of a public champion for morality someone is by shaming someone else’s moral shortcomings, the less secure they are with their own morality.

Just like how bullies make fun of other people because they are insecure with themselves.

Maybe the posters on here calling for Izzos head really are the children of god and perfect in their life. But it’s unlikely.

Reaction Score
10 years ago the discussion is the lack of respect from the player.

5 years from now the discussion will be, the coach should be fired for raising his voice at the player, that is disrespectful

Left with no recourse but benching 10 years from now, people will be calling for the coach to be fired for retaliating against the player by benching him for not picking up the switch

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Im not an Izzo fan but these kids are becoming prima donnas - nobody, even the coach, can tell them anything
Are they getting too big for their britches, too?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I totally see that side, I do.

But, if I'm old man Mr. Brown, Izzo is on the floor piecing together his dentals right now.

You’re only seeing it from your white perspective. You don’t see the micro and macro racial aggressions people of color endure on a daily basis because you’re not of color. Many people see this reasonably small issue as one more racist act, not because of the one-off situation, but because of the constant BS they have to go through on a daily basis.

It’s honestly not “on us” because we put a racial twist on everything, it’s “on you” to try to understand a world where people who look like you and me have been racially attacking people of color for hundreds of years and it’s gotten worse over the last 5 years.
Don’t worry, it’s not your fault, nor are you to blame bc you’re white. It is, though, up to you to at least try to understand the reason a racial flag is raised in many surprising situations.
Well done @fatlucy.

Reaction Score
Something I’ve observed to be almost universally true in life, is that people who feel the need to publicly blast other peoples moral mistakes or moral short comings, often aren’t the most moral themselves.

The more of a public champion for morality someone is by shaming someone else’s moral shortcomings, the less secure they are with their own morality.

Just like how bullies make fun of other people because they are insecure with themselves.

Maybe the posters on here calling for Izzos head really are the children of god and perfect in their life. But it’s unlikely.
In a thread full of inane takes, this one stands alone. "If you disagree with my point of view, you are an immoral person".

Reaction Score
I don’t have any huge issues with how Izzo interacted with Brown. I just hate Izzo’s on court antics. You can tell he’s a bully. You should have seen him chewing out the refs with like 30 seconds left in regulation. Any other coach would’ve been T’ed up. He clearly had lost control of his team. I just generally dislike the guy, he’s right up there with coach K and Calipari in terms of coaches who get away with whatever they want. I think college bball would be better off without him, but that’s just my personal opinion.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
In a thread full of inane takes, this one stands alone. "If you disagree with my point of view, you are an immoral person".
If that’s what you got from that, then that is interesting....

What I said was that people who feel the need to publicly shame other people’s morals typically do so because they harbor some guilt themselves or don’t feel confident in their own morality.

Never said it made them an immoral person or that they were immoral. I’m not the one to judge that.

Reaction Score
I'll just add that @BParkDog started this thread and, if I am correct, never made another comment. He got everyone riled up discussing right and wrong, Black and White, Millionaires and unpaid athletes, in addition to so much other crap. Is it too late for another bit of mojo @Deepster

Reaction Score
Couldn’t be happier seeing Michigan State dumped in the trashcan. Didn’t deserve to be in the tournament. As for Izzo, don’t like him, so double bonus.

Reaction Score
Wow, did this thread have some legs. I just wonder how many brackets just got blown up by Sparty going down? All the talking heads were all everything for Michigan State.

Reaction Score
This is comical. Coaches and players get heated - it’s competition.

you make it seem like izzo punched him in the face. He grabbed his jersey as he was walking away from him. If Izzo did nothing you’d all be saying “Izzo lost the locker room”.

Reaction Score

While I’m a Izzo hater, I totally support what you’re saying. This has been a deepening dark trend in this country since last year. Nothing is more unAmerican, more unconstitutional, than this. Yeah I hate Izzo, but I fully support his right as an American to be an a-h*** without getting canceled.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
This is comical. Coaches and players get heated - it’s competition.

you make it seem like izzo punched him in the face. He grabbed his jersey as he was walking away from him. If Izzo did nothing you’d all be saying “Izzo lost the locker room”.
thats not what he did

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
While I’m a Izzo hater, I totally support what you’re saying. This has been a deepening dark trend in this country since last year. Nothing is more unAmerican, more unconstitutional, than this. Yeah I hate Izzo, but I fully support his right as an American to be an a-h*** without getting canceled.
jesus, this has nothing to do with the constitution. what are you talking about?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The kid blew his assignment and reacted inappropriately with his coach. The coach then acted inappropriately by grabbing him. For now, this is between the player and his coach.

Ten years ago this would have been nothing. Today, its a little more than that.

Reaction Score
This isn't a Larry Nassar case, Merv, don't compare the two.

I've got your back if someone named Ed Rockk tells you to shut up though.
Hah. Just saying if it’s any other school at any other time no big deal. It wasn’t anything. But right now??

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
That was just 2 passionate people going at it. I’m sure they kissed and made up. You should hear some of the conversations that take place between me and my boss. If people can’t vent and say and act how they feel, emotions bottle up. I know this is a young man, but I’m sure they have a good enough relationship where they are fine now. I’ve always heard kids loved to play for Izzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom