Tom Izzo Should be Done | The Boneyard

Tom Izzo Should be Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
Really ugly video of Izzo going after one of his players. Gets in his grill. Player walks away. Grabs the kid by his arm. Kid pulls away. Grabs him by his shirt to try to restrain him. Kid attempts to swat his hand away.

No place in 2021 for a coach who thinks he can lay his hands on a kid in anger. It's completely unacceptable.

Put him out to pasture. RIP Tom Izzo. RIP, Michigan State.

LINK TO VIDEO

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I think you are overreacting. It was inappropriate, but an old man grabbing the arm of a young man that size is hardly "laying hands on a kid". Izzo was trying to get his attention, not assault him.
I totally see that side, I do.

But, if I'm old man Mr. Brown, Izzo is on the floor piecing together his dentals right now.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Really ugly video of Izzo going after one of his players. Gets in his grill. Player walks away. Grabs the kid by his arm. Kid pulls away. Grabs him by his shirt to try to restrain him. Kid attempts to swat his hand away.

No place in 2021 for a coach who thinks he can lay his hands on a kid in anger. It's completely unacceptable.

LINK TO VIDEO
Who are you to tell us what is appropriate or inappropriate?
too many cream puffs in the country today.
Man Up.

Reaction Score

LINK TO VIDEO
Sorry but this is a bit misleading. At least post a full video before telling anyone to do anything. In the video below you can see what lead up to that. You can make the case that a player should never talk to a coach like that.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Sorry but this is a bit misleading. At least post a full video before telling anyone to do anything. In the video below you can see what lead up to that. You can make the case that a player should never talk to a coach like that.

I take back everything I posted above. Old Man Lurker would have whooped me for that and probably would have been pissed at Tom for not doing it for him.

Reaction Score
Michigan State should be very sensitive to a coach laying a hand on any players. It’s unacceptable in any form.
Yes. THIS school IF they are serious about anything should be asking for his resignation tomorrow. Magic Johnson should be vocal IF he is serious too.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

LINK TO VIDEO

That’s a dumb take.

Such pearl-clutching as if that was actually a physical confrontation.

The Magic Johnson comment was the topper - whoever suggested that Johnson needs to get involved won the thread. I actually laughed at that one.

Also...?‍♂️

33-DF8-F44-8352-4-E71-A29-A-CB1-C1129480-D.jpg

Reaction Score
I would bet the parent would side with Izzo on this one. Wasn't malicious at all. Kid gets grabbed, pulled, pushed and whacked just rebounding all half and coach grabs his arm and its molestation or assault.

Anyway Izzo ain't getting fired, fined or reprimanded for this, because there is nothing here.

Reaction Score
Kid gets grabbed, pulled, pushed and whacked just rebounding all half and coach grabs his arm and its molestation or assault.

Not saying I think Izzo should be fired for this, but the context is completely different. Thabeet once got judo-flipped in a game. That doesn't mean that judo--flipping someone is the threshold for what coaches can do to kids on the sideline.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think you can send a better message with a vicious unspoken Sydney Poitier stare down and some splinters.
Izzo is part Italian.....the player is lucky the belt didn't come off.

what does Italian have to do with this? Is bobby knight Italian?

Reaction Score

LINK TO VIDEO
Oh the horror.......

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

The player seems to have zero respect for Izzo or his opinion. That’s a bad look all the way around. It makes you wonder about the lack of a dynamic there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom