Time to bench AG | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Time to bench AG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok who would you like handling the ball? Who can get past their man on the dribble?

Unfortunately, we have no one else right now to run offense, but I'm tempted to put the ball in Gaffney's hands. Crazy as that sounds.

Reaction Score
Ok who would you like handling the ball? Who can get past their man on the dribble?
Anything is better than dribbling into a crowd and falling to turn the ball over. Adams, Gaffney either one of them. Pass it to someone that can at least get off a prayer.

Reaction Score

He should obviously be playing. He needs to be facilitating. Not going 2/13 from the floor. Break the press and get the team into the sets, and defend like his career depends on it--that's what his role needs to be. Wide open shots and easy layups until he's able to find a rhythm.

Reaction Score
It really doesn’t matter if he can get by, that’s like a 5% shot for Gilbert. I’d rather any number of guys take a better shot. That’s legitimately probably our lowest percentage shot.

Reaction Score
Xavier rotated and shifted inside when he started to drive. It was so transparent. He doesn't have the length to slice through double and triple teams.

Reaction Score
What’s the point of getting by your man if you then turn it over to the next man or put up a wild shot though? It’s pretty useless to go by your guy if nothing good comes from it.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
I don't really understand this statement. He has been horrible. He is not the best player. Far from it. Give the others a chance to get their legs and they will be fine. AG has cost UConn more than he is worth. He has been in a slump since he came to UConn.
yea you were right

Reaction Score
What’s the point of getting by your man if you then turn it over to the next man or put up a wild shot though? It’s pretty useless to go by your guy if nothing good comes from it.
Not gonna lie, I don’t that about him. He blows by guys and can never get the ball on the backboard for nothing. It’s weird.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
That was bad but Bouknight fouled out. He would’ve got that last possession.

Reaction Score
He facilitated early in the game. I'm pulling for him, he needs some tough love
However no one else has the ability to get to the free throw line on his own

Reaction Score
This is on Hurley. Only bright spot for ag was his making free throws. The Ag experiment should be over.

Reaction Score
Brendan Adams or Gaffney. Gilbert cannot be allowed to continue to destroy this team. What good is his dribbling if he shoots 2-13 or can’t dish it to the correct player, or just stumbles over his own feet on the last play of the game. He single-handedly killed us this game with his decision making. He’s shooting BELOW 20% FOR THE YEAR. Enough.

Reaction Score
Gilbert is actually the right guy. He hit all those big free throws and earlier was driving and passing. That’s all he needs to do and he would be sufficient. He drives at will on anyone but he needs to have a plan to kick it to our shooters or a big for a dunk or layup, he’s too in love with trying to score. I actually think this may be a turning point for him. Reality may sink in now.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, I don’t that about him. He blows by guys and can never get the ball on the backboard for nothing. It’s weird.
Our best ball handler but can’t finish. He needs to go in an office and talk to Taliek Brown. Taliek was a pure point guard that passed the ball primarily.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He facilitated early in the game. I'm pulling for him, he needs some tough love
However no one else has the ability to get to the free throw line on his own
That’s just totally inconsequential when the only thing he turns that ability into is constant bad missed shots and turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom